“Best customer service experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Surf 787

Surf 787
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf787 is a legit Surf School. We're proud to be the only overnight Surf Camp for kids in PR. Our surf school offers surfing lessons for all kind of levels and ages. Safety and learning are the most important things for us and that is why we don't ever have more than 3 students per instructors (4 people = 2 instructors and no extra cost). Surf787 is insured by Lloyds Bank and all the instructors are locals, bilingual and CPR certified. We also offer surfboard rental, SUP rental and surfing guide for surfers looking for more challenge waves.
“Best customer service experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I never wright reviews but our experience was so over the top I had to share. Went to Rincon on a family vacation. My 14 year old son has a wonderful passion for surfing and couldn't wait to experience something many only dream about. Although he has been surfing in the northeast for seven years including the winter when the waves get quite large and has had some good instruction I was so nervous about him getting in the water in Rincon. I told him I would hire a guide to take him around which at 14 and you know everything wasn't well received. When I explained to him he wouldn't be surfing if he didn't accept my offer he agreed. I looked on the internet called a few numbers asked everyone I knew who had been to Rincon and discovered Roger Wagner from surf787. Called him on the phone and right away I felt comfortable. I explained my situation not really wanting a lesson but someone to surf with my son and keep him safe. I told him I would like to hire him for at least 3 or more days. Roger said he would pick him up at the house drive him to spots he thought would be of his level and bring different boards for different conditions. After the first day of surfing with roger and he knew what my son was capable of he sent him with one of his other instructors Nego who was equally as awesome as roger. In fact we also used Nego for a waterfall hike and he was very knowledgable and informative. On our last day roger took my son out late in the day even after working most of the day with other clients which must if been very exhausting but showed up at the house so excited to surf. Needless to say it was the best day of surfing my son has had to this date!! He even got to see roger do an ocean rescue!! I hope the girl he rescued writes a review also! We now consider roger a friend! He has a true passion for surfing and has a genuine love of people. This is someone I want to spend my hard earned money on. As a single mom putting your child's life in someone else's hands is a scary thing! I trust Rogers knowledge, judgement and skill and will be calling on him for years to come. Thanks Roger and Nego!!! See you soon
Lynn norbury

Hull, Massachusetts
“Amazing Surf Experience... 1 on 1 Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a 14 year old from the Northeast who lodes to surf. When I came to Puerto Rico I hired Rodger as a surf guide. We went to many different spots around Puerto Rico when it was flat in Rincon. Always had great waves! We also stayed local when Rincon was breaking. Rodger always new where to take me for the best waves and conditions. I also surfed with his other instructor Nego who was very experienced and helpful. We always had the right equipment, and I had a very enjoyable experience!! T.J.

Portland, Maine
“Awesome Instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Awesome 3 days surfing with surf787! Had the same instructors for all 3 days, which made a huge difference in learning... it felt like I had my own coaches that could give very specific, longitudinal feedback. These guys are awesome. It was my first time surfing and it made all the difference to have positive, fun, interesting instructors. I'm sure there are other good surf schools in Rincon, but I will pick these guys every time.

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“The REAL Rincon Surf Guru”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Roger was a great host on our surf adventure when we went to Rincon. We had been there for several days and visited the Rincon Surf School and the Green Room. The Green Room had some solid boards, but the Rincon Surf School seemed like a scam. The guy started off by trying to sell us a similar surf trip that Roger gave us, for twice the price and with 3x the amount of people. He then gave me a board that had more plaster fillings on it than surf wax, not a good look. Roger came, picked us up at our house (just me and my two friends), provided me with the best board I've ever surfed, and took us to a REAL local reef spot. All of this for a third of the price of the Rincon Surf School, and undoubtedly a 500% better experience. The waves were unreal. DEFINITELY DO NOT go to the RINCON SURF SCHOOL if you know about Roger.

Visited March 2014
Oklahoma City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

As a surfer of 20+ years, I dream of spending quality time in the water with my two boys one day. Problem is they don't like to listen to Dad and as soon as they go over the nose, it's all my fault... :) So I signed them up (2 boys, and wife joined as well) with Surf 787 for some neutral, objective instruction. I couldn't be happier with the decision. Roger, David and Nego are extremely knowledgeable, professional and kind. My 10 year old developed some real skills. My wife too! And when my 7 year old was scared, Nego kept him company on the beach. Most importantly, these guys know the right conditions to learn in and they know where to go to find them. The swells and winds are constantly changing in PR.They will drive to the best spot in the region on any given day to give you the best opportunity to learn. And as a bonus, Roger hooked me up with a longboard so I could catch some waves and hoot my son into some of his first waves! Just awesome!! These guys are highly recommended, by a fellow surfer.

Visited March 2014