“International Cuisine in the west coast of Puerto Rico”
Review of Das Alpen Cafe - CLOSED

Das Alpen Cafe
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“International Cuisine in the west coast of Puerto Rico”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a long time resident of Rincon, I am thrilled to have a place to go to when missing state side choices. Das Alpen serves great Italian and German Cuisine. My personal preference is the pan fried potatoes and the portobello mushroom with goat cheese. I highly recommend Das Alpen to all who visit or live in Rincon, PR. Yummy!!!

• Visited August 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Solid!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you like or would want to try authentic german food, Das Alpen is a must! The restaurant is right on the Rincon Plaza square, easy to get to and park around. The place is extra clean, the staff is super friendly and has a very welcoming vibe. Great selection of German beers on tap and by the bottle, don't be afraid to ask for food and beer pairing suggestions...it's fun and they know their stuff. We went through the menu and ordered several items all paired with beer...very tasty! To start we had the Pretzel and Bratwurst appetizers with a side of the house mustard. Solid! We then tried the Weiner and Jeager schnitzels. Solidly delicious! We moved on and tried the Rouladen. Extra Solid!... and closed our dinner with the apple struddle....gues what...Solid!

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Fresh air!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is a nice different alternative to the routine of the most common restaurants in the area. The dinning room is simple but elegant. The staff is very courteous and friendly. The menu is the perfect size and the specials are sometimes awesome surprises. My favorite is the chuleton, love the potato salad and the cabbage salad. All entrees come with a nice salad and bread but not just any bread. Like the place a lot. I'm not a beer drinker but the wine selection is just perfect for me. PS: Even that I only marked family since only one choice is allowed by the site it is perfect for couples, family, friends, solo and perhaps great for business since the place it is not loud and you could hear what you and your company are saying.

• Visited June 2013
Cleves, Ohio
“Nice Change of Pace”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is our first trip to Das Alpen in the 4 yrs we've been coming to Rincon. I am very glad we went. My husband tried their 1 1/2 lb. pork chop. He loved it! It had a very nice smoked taste to it and it was very large. I have the Forest Schnitzel which was also quite tasty. We tried to get the pretzels as an appetizer for the kids but they were still making them. Everything is made from scratch here. My kids had pasta and I tried their marinara sauce which was also very good! The kids get half portions of the meals when possible. The half portion is a bit small unless you have a very young kid. The red cabbage is even good and I don't like cabbage. The bread dumpling was something I could certainly do without but overall the meal was good. WARNING-we got there on a Fri night around 7 and were the only ones there. By around 9, the place was getting packed. It may take a little while to get your food if they are very busy so be prepared to wait. Again, everything is made to order and that does take time.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Something different in Rincon!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with our experience at Das Alpen. I haven't had German food before, but I can't think of a better introduction. I would not have expected good German food in Rincon. The bruschetta sampler was great, as was the goat cheese tart and the bratwust with bread. You also get a salad to start and bread basket, both very good and fresh. But the winner was the Jaeger Schnitzel!! So delicious!! The side of bread dumpling was also very good. I can't say of it was authentic German but the food was great for sure. Very unique beer selection. Loved it!!