“Excellent surf school”

Rincon Surf School
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating and natural experiences available. Why not learn the art of surfing in the one of the most popular surf towns; Rincon, Puerto Rico? We will serve our customers with detailed information from professional instructors that set us apart . We are located in the west side of Puerto Rico in the town of Rincon, Puerto Rico. Rincón is Puerto Rico's best beach and surf town where emerald hills overlook golden Caribbean beaches and crystal clear waters where the sun sets behind a mountain into the sea. Rincon offers the best Surfing in Puerto Rico! Rincon is the mecca of people practicing the sport of surfing since the Word Surfing Championship was held in 1968. The advantage we have is that you can find waves all year round and this encourages locals and tourists from afar. Rincon Surf School is the original surf school to open over 12 years ago. We know our customers require professional, certified, and qualified instructors in the field of surfing. This is why the safety has been an important aspect of our success.> Rincon Surf School provides the best surf lessons in Rincon, P.R. Let us teach you to surf and give you the experience of a lifetime!> Nothing can match the rush of paddling for the perfect swell, jumping to your feet and riding a wave of pure energy. If you've never tried surfing you're going to love it. If you have and are eager to improve or want to get back out after a break of months or years, join us at the Rincon Surf School and see what a difference professional coaching and the latest technology can make. Through surfing you gather a greater appreciation for your body and the ocean environment. It promotes a healthy lifestyle. Rincon Professional Surf School was established to provide a safe, professional way for everybody to enjoy everything that surfing has to offer. Our professional instructors will provide you with the skills you need and give you a great day out. We have a range of courses or we can custom design
Warren, New Jersey
“Excellent surf school”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and two daughters (14 and 10) wanted to take surf lessons while we were in Rincon over President's Day weekend, so after reading such good reviews, we decided to go with Rincon Surf School for two days. Whit did a great job setting us up with surf instructors, Mike and Brian, for two half day sessions. They made the lessons fun and were patient with my wife and daughters, safety was always first priority, which was very important to me. I really like the fact that they didn't ask us to meet them at a particular break in advance like some other places do. They waited to see what the conditions were that morning and then picked the optimal break for my family's ability. The operation was professional and organized. They had a professional photographer at the break to take pictures of us while we surfed and we walked away with some great photos.
Thanks again to Mike and Brian, and we will see them again on our next trip.

Jyvaskyla, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best you can do in Rincon!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Planned to hire an own board while in Rincon but since I didn't know the spots, decided to go first with the school -- and I'm very glad I did! Booked only one session at first but soon after I got to the water I wanted to go with them next day as well. Sessions were best I've ever had! First day went to Dogmans, next day drove up north to Aquadilla, where they had better surf that day. The coach was great (special thanks to Brian, YOU rock!!) and he assessed my skills level well -- got to surf just a bit rougher waves the second day and loved it.
The crew in RSS is super nice, they know what they're doing and where to take you. All you need to do is enjoy! :)

Visited February 2014
“We had a great time at Rincon Surf School”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went out for 2 days on a private lesson for 2 people with Ollie-- who was really great. We spent about 2.5 hours each day in the water. Ollie was focused but also fun and made sure we each got plenty of waves. He gave very good instruction. Ollie's partner Jen was also fabulous-- we were in the water with her both days while she taught a 6 year old. We would definitely recommend Jen if you're bringing kids. Based on our experience we would definitely recommend the surf school, Jen and Ollie.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing surf lessons - awesome time!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Rincon Surf School is well-organized and has great attention to detail. Jen, our surf instructor, was simply AMAZING! I have had the opportunity to surf in Costa Rica, LA, and Long Island, and as such, have had quite a few different surf instructors. Jen was by far the best instructor I have ever had in my surfing experience. Jen is thoughtful and takes into account your comfortability both on and off the board and managing waves accordingly. She offers excellent critiques and provides suggestions that help you get better each time you ride a wave. Two of us took lessons with Jen at the same time over the course of two days, and each of us felt that she paid us the right amount of attention that we required for our level of expertise (beginner/intermediate). Jen is very knowledgable about surfing (she has been surfing for 12 years) and about the different surf areas of Rincon. She made us cautious of our surroundings (rocks, other surfers, etc.), without it impeding on our enjoyment of the sport itself. By the end of day two of our lessons, Jen had us "riding the line" and attempting to do different foot patterns on the board - something I never dreamed I could do, nor did any instructor I have had previously encouraged me to do or even have me attempt. Aside from her awesome teaching skills, Jen is very kind and helped get me and my friends acclimated to Rincon with very helpful suggestions as to where to dine and go out. Jen is an excellent instructor and I highly recommend, if you are in Rincon, go to Rincon Surf School and ask for Jen. You are guaranteed to ride waves and leave feeling accomplished and happy. :) Thank you so much, Jen!

1 Thank FAK1209
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had an awesome time!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Travis and his team really made the best of the limited amount of time I had to surf on my business trip. I booked a guided adventure and was linked up with Billy. He has years of local knowledge under his belt and had me on waves with no time to waste. I had the place to myself for the first hour of my 3hr session. It was awesome! Definitely one of the best surf sessions I've ever had in PR!!!

The crew at Rincon Surf School are all class acts! Super humble and really stoked on surfing...It's contagious so be careful. You'll probably leave a Rincon a different person :)

Can't wait to link up with them on my next business trip!

1 Thank Martin P