“Super Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rincon Surf School
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating and natural experiences available. Why not learn the art of surfing in the one of the most popular surf towns; Rincon, Puerto Rico? We will serve our customers with detailed information from professional instructors that set us apart . We are located in the west side of Puerto Rico in the town of Rincon, Puerto Rico. Rincón is Puerto Rico's best beach and surf town where emerald hills overlook golden Caribbean beaches and crystal clear waters where the sun sets behind a mountain into the sea. Rincon offers the best Surfing in Puerto Rico! Rincon is the mecca of people practicing the sport of surfing since the Word Surfing Championship was held in 1968. The advantage we have is that you can find waves all year round and this encourages locals and tourists from afar. Rincon Surf School is the original surf school to open over 12 years ago. We know our customers require professional, certified, and qualified instructors in the field of surfing. This is why the safety has been an important aspect of our success.> Rincon Surf School provides the best surf lessons in Rincon, P.R. Let us teach you to surf and give you the experience of a lifetime!> Nothing can match the rush of paddling for the perfect swell, jumping to your feet and riding a wave of pure energy. If you've never tried surfing you're going to love it. If you have and are eager to improve or want to get back out after a break of months or years, join us at the Rincon Surf School and see what a difference professional coaching and the latest technology can make. Through surfing you gather a greater appreciation for your body and the ocean environment. It promotes a healthy lifestyle. Rincon Professional Surf School was established to provide a safe, professional way for everybody to enjoy everything that surfing has to offer. Our professional instructors will provide you with the skills you need and give you a great day out. We have a range of courses or we can custom design
Washington D.C.
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Super Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We took our kids (19 and 15) to Rincon as part of a 10 day Caribbean trip that had plenty of highlights. Both kids "voted" their surfing experience with Travis' team as the "best" of the "best" of this vacation. Can't ask for a better vote.
They have never been surfing before, and by the end of Day 1 they were enjoying the huge waves off of Dogman! They went out with Omar who was very helpful.
Thumbs Up / Hang Ten for Travis & his team!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank TooFrequentTraveller

“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of having Colin as my instructor for three sessions. Very knowledgable, helpful, and patient. All around good guy and great teacher. He also gave me some great tips on other things to do around town and also on my way to El Yunque.

Travis, the owner, was also very friendly and kept in good communication with me throughout the entire experience.

Highly recommend!

Yarmouth, Maine
“Excellent Surfing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We checked out several businesses offering surfing lessons in Rincon. Went with Rincon Surf School and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning surfing or improving their skills. Travis and his staff took very good care of us (14 year olds to 52 years old). They spent the time to explain weather, wave dynamics, and safety on the water. Their instructors were ALWAYS positive, calm, and very attentative. We had Colin for 2-days in a row. He is a riot and the surf culture personified. Very professional organizationfrom top to bottom. We'll be back!

Madison, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just returned from spending 4 days with the guys at Rincon Surf School (Dec. 20-23, 2012). I took 3 hours of private lessons each day. I had a great time and learned a lot. Travis was great at focusing on making sure I had a good time and that all my needs were met. I was impressed with his focus on my satisfaction. He even arranged things for me outside of surfing, which was not only helpful, but his recommendations were spot on. Omar was my coach on a day to day basis. I was impressed with his knowledge, but more importantly with how much he paid attention to my questions. When I asked the same question a few times in different ways, he noticed I wanted more detail and printed some information for me at night to fully answer my queries. I wanted to learn while I was there, but also wanted to chill and Omar had the perfect approach combining both with ease. I really appreciated the team's focus on safety and the fact that they worked hard to find the right swell for my skill level each day. I have no hesitation in recommending these guys.

1 Thank J R O O
Montreal, Canada
“Surfs Up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were recommended the school by locals, which is always a good sign. My boyfriend and I signed up for a three hour lesson (most other schools tend to take you out for two hours, so do note this is slightly more expensive by about $20) by wandering in on the off chance. The instructors did a great job of fitting us in quickly to their schedule and within an hour we were in the water. Colin was an informative, relaxed and, importantly, very encouraging tutor. I managed to get up twice during the lesson and we surfed til sunset in a group of four.
Great fun, worth every penny.