“Fantastic First Attempt at Surfing”
Review of Rincon Surf School

Rincon Surf School
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Rincon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surfing is one of the most exhilarating and natural experiences available. Why not learn the art of surfing in the one of the most popular surf towns; Rincon, Puerto Rico? We will serve our customers with detailed information from professional instructors that set us apart . We are located in the west side of Puerto Rico in the town of Rincon, Puerto Rico. Rincón is Puerto Rico's best beach and surf town where emerald hills overlook golden Caribbean beaches and crystal clear waters where the sun sets behind a mountain into the sea. Rincon offers the best Surfing in Puerto Rico! Rincon is the mecca of people practicing the sport of surfing since the Word Surfing Championship was held in 1968. The advantage we have is that you can find waves all year round and this encourages locals and tourists from afar. Rincon Surf School is the original surf school to open over 12 years ago. We know our customers require professional, certified, and qualified instructors in the field of surfing. This is why the safety has been an important aspect of our success.> Rincon Surf School provides the best surf lessons in Rincon, P.R. Let us teach you to surf and give you the experience of a lifetime!> Nothing can match the rush of paddling for the perfect swell, jumping to your feet and riding a wave of pure energy. If you've never tried surfing you're going to love it. If you have and are eager to improve or want to get back out after a break of months or years, join us at the Rincon Surf School and see what a difference professional coaching and the latest technology can make. Through surfing you gather a greater appreciation for your body and the ocean environment. It promotes a healthy lifestyle. Rincon Professional Surf School was established to provide a safe, professional way for everybody to enjoy everything that surfing has to offer. Our professional instructors will provide you with the skills you need and give you a great day out. We have a range of courses or we can custom design
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Surfing is a must-do while you're in Rincon, and I can't imagine a better experience than with Rincon Surf School. I'm terrified of the ocean and wanted to make sure our lesson was with someone I could trust. Despite all other surf schools being closed New Years Day, Collin, the manager of the school, took us out himself. He was unbelievably patient (seriously- before that day I'd only been past the breakwater once in my life and was trying to 'conquer the ocean' as a new years thing). The weather was working against us, but Collin was with us every step of the way and managed to cater to my level (phobia) and my husband's (fairly athletic) at the same time. I can't say enough about what a great decision this was. Just do it!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"always felt safe"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We spent a terrific day with Rincon Surf school. That was our first experience and we got the chance to have a private lesson with Ryan Dacey, an awesome coach. He gave us good tricks, told us when to catch the good waves and pushed us to help us to grab the waves. Personaly, I discovered a passion! I rode a wave for real only once, but i got an amazing feeling...that has been CRAZY!! I'll repeat the experience as soon as i can... not later than this summer...!

I highly recommand the Rincón Surf School to everyone who wants to discover the Surf world!

Thank you so much! 8 )

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a great time learning a new sport. The instruction and their experience was great. Got up on my first wave on the first try. Something everyone should try.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Three of us did the private lesson with John Barrie (pro surfer). He was outstanding, supportive and very cute to boot! We highly recommend the rash guard and DRIVING to the surf school instead of walking up the hill. (It really is at the top!) We always felt safe and supported and that one great run was worth every wipeout! Highly recommend!

BarilocheClimber1, Owner at Rincon Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thanks so much for such a nice review. We love what we do. Hope to see you back again next year.

Dez Bartelt

See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have never surfed and wanted to try. I took a day group lesson with Rincon Surf School and it was an awesome experience! The guides were relaxed, yet helpful. They gave good instructions and really helped with the timing of the waves, allowing you to focus on trying to get up before paddling back around and trying again. As a 41 year old, yet fit, woman, I wasn't sure if I would even like it, but I did. It was a great first experience with surfing. Also, we watched other instructors while we were out there and they were less helpful, less aware of the surrounding surfers, and not as hands on instructive as RSS. I'd go with them if you're choosing! Lastly, I was super sore-- should have taken a lunch break or taken a shorter lesson for my first time.