“LOVED THE FOOOD, but… the power went out.”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food at this restaurant was quite delicious. I was so excited to get Thai food in Puerto Rico! However, My husband and I were a little disappointed when the power went out and they had to close down the place early. We didn't get to have dessert because, by that time, they had already packed up the kitchen. Eating by candle light by kind of romantic though!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had to try this restaurant so many people had spoken to me about! Upon arriving the staff was so kind and really helpful with giving wonderful suggestions! The martinis are absolutely so delicious. The food could not have been more perfect, the serving size was right on. I cannot say enough positive things about this restaurant and the wonderful staff. i will be going back and can't wait to have another martini!!!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was a new place for us on this trip. It is tucked away but once you climb a few flight of stairs, the view is amazing. Too add to that the food is unbelievable.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Sweet little place in Rincon situated at the top of a hill. Arrive before dark to really take advantage of the awesome view. Indoor & outdoor seating, simple Thai menu with reasonable prices, excellent martinis (some for $5), and a friendly, helpful staff. I have to eat gluten free and someone from the kitchen staff came out to talk to me about options that were safe for me, it is extremely rare for that to happen at a restaurant but very much appreciated. Overall a great find. Try the mandarin martini, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

As a New Yorker I tend to be very picky and critical. This restaurant far exceeded my expectations. The waiter was attentive and courteous. He checked up on our table constantly and told us details about all the foods. The other staff were friendly and diligent servers.

The food is delicious, you can select how spicy you want your food. All main dishes come with chicken,shrimp, or Tofu. The martins are delicious along with the desert and special sauces/marinades.

Along with the location and excellent service, I would recommend this restaurant to all.

The owner greets customers on their way in/out.