“Needs a/c”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Southwest Florida
“Needs a/c”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hard to completely enjoy this cool place with sweat dripping down my back (and im not a sweat-er) theres no air on and no breeze coming thru the windows, we sat inside. I love that the owner(s) are involved-- one is the bartender/mixologist. Drinks were ok-- if you want them strong, you must ask...it is apparent that the drink ingredients are Fresh, just need to be a.whole.lot.stronger! Food was actually pretty fantastic, no complaints...ribs/spring rolls and pad thai outta this world. Service good. View was great-- call ahead and make sure u get reservations to sit outside.

Denver, Colorado
“Amazing cocktails”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food, atmosphere and cocktails were beyond what I ever imagined in Rincon. This place is classy, with martinis to fit the occasion. Talk to the owner as he made our experience worth it. Food was great. Some of our meals were a bit cold when they came out but we were having such a great time we didn't even notice. Go there. Wonderful place.

Visited July 2013
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Customer service and actitudes improvement.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I believe in redemption and this is what I personally have to say about the place. At first I was going every Saturday for lunch since the place was not crowded and the servers were not as stressed out like at night. I also visited the place once a week during the week. My problem was with the owners actitude, they were not friendly at all, perhaps the pressure of the opening a new venture but I most say that in my last visits they were very friendly and more customer oriented and relax wich I must praise congratulate, their food still as good as from they first opened and consistent.

1 Thank TRL614
Buda,Tx
“Great Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great Food and exotic Drinks. Amazing views from deck. Live music.Try the ribs. or the cucumber martinis. You must eat here if in Rincon.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yum! Loved this place.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am shocked at the negative reviews for this place. My husband and I went for dinner here on a Monday night after seeing signs around town. I'm glad I didn't read the reviews and get scared away! Both of us were SO happy with our meals. I got the tofu red curry (it was called something else, I can't remember) and my husband got the Sriracha/Pineapple Chicken. This was some of the best Thai food I've had. It was unexpected to have such wonderful Thai in the middle of this gorgeous Puerto Rican beach town. The restaurant was pretty and has a great view. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the live band playing downstairs (luckily it's just good background noise, nothing too loud. You can still 100% enjoy a conversation at normal voice level!)
Our waiter was very nice and he and the manager came out and spoke with us for a while and helped us plan our adventures over the next few days of our trip. We had the best service, never waited long for anything. I am sorry to hear others had different experiences!
I'll definitely come back here next time I'm in Rincon.