“Amazing cocktails”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food, atmosphere and cocktails were beyond what I ever imagined in Rincon. This place is classy, with martinis to fit the occasion. Talk to the owner as he made our experience worth it. Food was great. Some of our meals were a bit cold when they came out but we were having such a great time we didn't even notice. Go there. Wonderful place.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I believe in redemption and this is what I personally have to say about the place. At first I was going every Saturday for lunch since the place was not crowded and the servers were not as stressed out like at night. I also visited the place once a week during the week. My problem was with the owners actitude, they were not friendly at all, perhaps the pressure of the opening a new venture but I most say that in my last visits they were very friendly and more customer oriented and relax wich I must praise congratulate, their food still as good as from they first opened and consistent.

1  Thank TRL614
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great Food and exotic Drinks. Amazing views from deck. Live music.Try the ribs. or the cucumber martinis. You must eat here if in Rincon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am shocked at the negative reviews for this place. My husband and I went for dinner here on a Monday night after seeing signs around town. I'm glad I didn't read the reviews and get scared away! Both of us were SO happy with our meals. I got the tofu red curry (it was called something else, I can't remember) and my husband got the Sriracha/Pineapple Chicken. This was some of the best Thai food I've had. It was unexpected to have such wonderful Thai in the middle of this gorgeous Puerto Rican beach town. The restaurant was pretty and has a great view. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the live band playing downstairs (luckily it's just good background noise, nothing too loud. You can still 100% enjoy a conversation at normal voice level!)
Our waiter was very nice and he and the manager came out and spoke with us for a while and helped us plan our adventures over the next few days of our trip. We had the best service, never waited long for anything. I am sorry to hear others had different experiences!
I'll definitely come back here next time I'm in Rincon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was the worst dining experience ever in my life I felt so bad for my family and friends it was a party of six 4 adults and 2 little girls when we arrived the first ting they didn't want us to sit at the terrace so we have to stay in the restaurant indoors second he sends the server to tell us the kids has to stay seated at all times it was rude so we ignore what ever he said and kept ordering from the menu after food arrived my girl finished eating and started playing with a balloon filling it up and letting the air come out so the server came again telling us dat we have to stop making those noises because it was bothering two girls in the barr the only people there an the owner was very in to them and we did not complain about the good time they were having laughing and talking loud but my 5 years old girl was the one doing the bad tings. I confronted the owner and told him how I felt and he didn't care. I told him to put a sign in front telling no kids aloud and he said that he has one saying all kids must be attended at all times. So he doesn't like kids as far I saw in TripAdvisor I'm not the only person who has this problem in the restaurant before so my recommendation for you all do not go there with kids go alone with the wife or husband.

3  Thank Dracofer