“Wonderful Tai, in a wonderful space”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had the Churrasco (spiced up a bit) and it was wonderful. I also had the ginger tea. You have got to share the recipe. My wife just does not make it the same. Thanks for everything. Will always send people your way.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wonderful space on the third floor with beautiful views from the deck. Unfortunately, those are among the only positive things I can say.

The food was bland. I had the green curry which was supposed to have basil, eggplant, bamboo shoots, and tofu. My dish was a very salty variation including two of the four advertised ingredients (bamboo and tofu).. My partner had the same dish which lacked ingredients which leads me to believe that they just didn't have them and didn't care to mention that to the customers. Not good.

The service was awful, clearly seasonal help with surfer girls who couldn't care less about customer experience. They didn't check on the food and had to be flagged down TWICE to get utensils for our food.

I had high hopes, but was quite disappointed.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very good tai food. Ask for the specials, usually its the best deal. Mandarin Martinis were awesome although a little pricy. Its not easy to get there so I recommend you call first for directions. Parking is a little hassle, but the view is worth it!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Rincon. The place is a little tricky to find (tucked away in the mountains of Rincon) but when we found it, WOW! Its an elegant restaurant but fairly cheap for the quality of the food that they serve.

Although we visited at night we could tell that the view is awesome. We chose to sit outside where it was nice and breezy. All of the waitresses that we encountered were super friendly and made good advice for what too choose from the menu. I had the fried chicken with broccoli and chili sauce. Very spicy and very yummy!

Can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The place was highly recommended to us, but it was just average. The food is not very authentic, it's more like a variation on Thai cooking than real Thai (even Pad Thai was strange - with copious amounts of tomato sauce), but it was tasty enough. Drinks are now $7-9 (someone below said $5).

1  Thank shvarz