“Great drink specials Thurs night.”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Like $5 martinis. Didn't try the food, just drinks. Mostly surf crowd on a Thurs night. Bartender was quick but surly, as to be expected after making 6 ingredient martinis one after another all night.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hard to find at night had to drive up and down the same street a couple times but finally made it! Great martini's and good food! Went for a date night with my boyfriend and it was very nice sitting outside wasn't loud or crowded! We will definitely be back on our next trip and still now talk about the great Thai we had in PR!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is a little hard to find and it's not always easy to tell when they are open, but it was worth it once we got there. A solid Thai menu featuring fresh ingredients, a few specialty dishes, and with some vegetarian/vegan options. The drink menu emphasizes excellent martinis, including some very creative options. Beer and wine are also available. Nice setup, pleasant atmosphere, great views, and high-quality ingredients - easily the best place we went during a week spent in Rincon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

if you like thai, you must try this place. hands down one of the top 3 meals i've ever had! the spicy beef appetizer is, well, really spicy. but amazingly delicious!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Not sure Ive ever given a place this bad of a review, but it earned it. The only thing that prevented a 1 star review was the great view...and by the end of our 2.5 hour dining experience we about had it with the view.

The owner/manager clay was the bartender and managed to make a few good drinks while we waited for a table. when it became apparent that sitting at a table would be several hours wait, we just put in a food order at the bar. Over 1 hour later it shows up. Food tasted like something out of a frozen dinner kit. totally weak, not even siracha could save it.

Now I have never asked for my meal to be comped but i almost had to this night, but Clay offered to cover our bar tab (which was certainly more than the cost of 2 entrees) instead and I happily paid for the crappy food and left. I felt bad for the guy as he gave me his business card when we left and told us to "tell our friends." If you were my friend, I'd tell you to stay away!