“Scrumptious fabulous food...but an adventure to get there!”
Review of Ode to the Elephants - CLOSED

Ode to the Elephants
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ode to the Elephants offers authentic Thai flavors prepared by Chef Kevin Ngowusan. The restaurant overlooks Sandy Beach in Barrio Puntas, Rincon. A definite MUST dining experience in Puerto Rico.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Scrumptious fabulous food...but an adventure to get there!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Well, we had some trouble getting there, it’s in a really remote part of Rincon and since it was already dark, you don’t see all the landmarks they give you to get to the restaurant. Also, they do have a problem with the phone. If you want to ask for directions, tell Rinconians it’s near the Tamboo bar. Once you get to the Tamboo (which was on our GPS), then ask for Ode to the elephants. Or go during the day.

Well..if you get there...the food was MARVELOUS and really cheap for Thai. The gentleman that took us to our table was really nice. He moved us to a table with an outlet that our son could connect his DS game to. That was priceless! My sister and I had a chocolate chip martini and a couple of sour apple martinis. The shrimp was excellent. My husband has traveled the world and he says this was one of the best Thai he has ever had! We ended up closing the place and went downstairs to a small “cava” were the owner made us feel at home. Can’t wait to go back!

• Visited July 2011

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great food, good prices, amazing view. I will come back.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A perfect place!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I went with my husband in Summer 2011. The place is simple, but very comfortable and well-decored. The Caramel Apple Martini is deliciousssssss! never tasted a martini like that before. The service was excellent and the food, definitely surprised me, authentic thai and wonderful presentation. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2011
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“Good place great view bad management”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

It has a great view, really cool place, the food wasn't that great, not to many options on the menu, the service not so good and made the experience uncomfortable.

• Visited July 2011
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food and casual setting”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Everytime I come here I have a good time. The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere, I love the space they have in the back, it has a nice view, not of the sea, but of the area surrounding the restaurant, and at night the candle decoration looks beautiful. The food is very good, I would reccomend the Thai tea, the Pai Pad prik chicken which is very tasty and has a kick of spiciness, also the Green curry is very delicious. Don't be afraid of the spice rating, because the spice is mild and doesnt linger. Most dishes are served with a side of rice, and have the option of chosing your protein be it chicken, Tofu or vegetables. The desserts they make at night are delicious! Also they are very moderately priced, all dishes are under 12 dollars if I remember, o I go often! Very glad I was able to find it, because I got lost for half an hour trying to find it.

• Visited June 2011