“Great mother-daughter bonding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rincon Pottery - CLOSED

Rincon Pottery
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit our working studio where you can browse our gallery of handmade pottery for sale. You can also take a ‘Hands on Clay’ workshop. Visits are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY as we don't keep regular open hours. We are located 15 mins from Rincón town plaza (2.5 hrs from San Juan). See our website (listed above) for information about workshop offerings.
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great mother-daughter bonding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

My 12 year-old daughter and I had a great time learning about pottery from Miri together. She taught us a bit about clay properties, explained and demonstrated "wedging" and had us try it. Then for the really fun part: we got to learn how to throw on the wheel. It took us awhile, but Miri was so patient and so willing to try different ways to explain the process that we both achieved a creation: a cup for my daughter and a bowl for me. And then... after a thoroughly enjoyable time learning and doing in a a gorgeous setting (see other reviews; that beautiful and more), I examined Miri's work and was having a hard time not wanting everything. She's developed beautiful, simple forms and glazes. They're not only attractive, but truly useful - food safe and so forth: great for gifts for others and treats for self. :) Since our time, we've gotten faithful updates and pictures of our "creations" that my daughter and I share with each other and friends. A great afternoon and ongoing bond. Thanks, Miri!

Parker, Colorado
“On-line purchasing the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

A friend and I were recently in Puerto Rico for a wedding and planned all along to come to Rincon Pottery to purchase a nice wedding present for the bride and groom that came from Puerto Rico. We planned on purchasing some of the really cool pottery here at Rincon Pottery but were unable to make it to the location. Upon returning home, I ordered on-line and Miri emailed back and forth with me until we came up with just the right gift. She took care of details just like we were right there in the studio. The bride and groom are delighted with their gifts and my friend and I are enjoying our own "Coqi" tea mugs and rum cups! Miri is delightful !

Visited April 2012
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Muddy fingers. Amazing view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'd never thrown on the wheel. Always wanted to. Miri was fantastic. In my 2.5 hours, she taught me effectively enough that I accomplished a really nice cup And a bowl I was proud of! All this while overlooking the most beautiful valley. A rainbow even appeared for us under an impending afternoon storm. Miri is a fantastic teacher. So glad we did this.

Greenville, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Enjoyed meeting Miri and her husband. Shipped some gifts home for friends. Very accommodating, not pushy. Very fine pottery.

Lincoln Park, New Jersey
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Absolutely worth the trip in to the mountains of Rincon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Miri and Nick were fantastic. We came to Rincon Pottery because of the awesome Tripadvisor reviews. The drive was an experience in and of itself - not in a bad way, though. We genuinely enjoyed the drive in to the mountains above Rincon - simply beautiful.

Once in the gallery Miri gave us a brief tour then left us to explore and discuss the fabulous pieces she creates. We eventually decided on a bowl and a set of coffee mugs. While Miri and Nick were packaging our items for us we talked and enjoyed the view from the studio. We felt like friends they had known for years.

If spending time in or around Rincon please visit Miri at Rincon Pottery. We did not take a pottery making class but after visiting we wish we had. Consider a class but even if you don't you should take the time to visit. Salud, Rincon Pottery - we will be back!

1 Thank AJNJ44