“Lovely beach front property”
other travelers have booked this property
Casa Serena - our Beautiful Beach The Living Area with Kitchen Wall
One of the Porches with a great View of the Garden and Beach
Casa Serena - Our Beach and View from our Garden
Casa Serena - Mother and Son came from Sweden to enjoy our Home
View of the Garden and Terrace with Hammocks
Another View of our Terrace with great views of the beach
Our Guests on our Terrace
Walking on the beach at sunset
The Second Living Area
Going Wading in the Water
The other end of the Terrace in the Shade
Casa Serena - Sunset from our Garden
An unusual visitor
My nephew playing in the water
Sunset through the trees
A Guest Walking on our Beach
Walking in the Water in front of Casa Serena
Another View of Our Beach
Living Area Dining Table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
frankll20...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely beach front property”
Reviewed March 8, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This was a great location right on the beach. I enjoyed relaxing on the beach, floating in the calm water, eating mangos from the yard and watching the hen with her chicks run around the yard. It's close to town and would be walkable if you didn't have a car. I did rent a car from Sandra at Angelo's - she picked me up at the airport in Mayaguez and took me back to the airport for my flight home which was above and beyond! Nancy, the owner, reached out to make sure I arrived safely and had everything I needed to relax and enjoy. The neighbors had been renting the unit next door for years and were wonderful company helping me navigate my way around Rincon during my stay. It could use a few upgrades to towels and beach chairs, but overall I would recommend and hope that I will be able to go back next year.

Mar 9, 2017
Dear Lori,
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm sorry you didn't mention the towels and beach chairs immediately, we would have given you new ones. I think you know that you can reach us anytime, so when you come back, please just let us know right away, if there is anything that is not totally satisfactory. Providing a great experience is our goal.
Thanks again for choosing our home.
petermoye...
Boston, Massachusetts
“very comfortable house right on the beach”
Reviewed March 5, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Casa Serena is on the beach in the Estrella district of Rincon.It is comfortable - 2 bed rms and 2 baths , has a sizeable kitchen/ living room space ,good porch looking out at the ocean and 25 yards of lawn before the ocean.Has a washer & dryer.Nearby snorkling ,golf and surfing.Easy access via Aguaduilla airport(45 min drive )

Your age range 65+
Mar 6, 2017
Dear Peter,
Thanks for being our guests for many years. We are always very happy to welcome you back to our home. I am glad that you have already made your reservation for next year.
Have a good year!
Vacation6...
“Our Mother-Daughter retreat”
Reviewed October 30, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Great place, reasonably priced. Clean and well kept, with all the essentials needed. Owner and manager very service oriented and cared about the quality of our stay. We liked that the location was close enough to many activists and events, but was quiet and secluded.

Liked best: Beachfront, of course
Liked least: Waves were too strong during this time to kayak or paddleboard
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Oct 31, 2016
Dear Beth,
Thanks for choosing our home for your mother - daughter retreat, and for being such great guests. We hope to see you again!
doritrivl...
New York City, New York
“Relaxing Anniversary Vacation”
Reviewed September 19, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My husband and I took a vacation for our anniversary for the first time in many years and we enjoyed every moment of it. The house is very well equipped, the kitchen has everything you can think of, the mattress in the master bedroom is so comfortable, I am no longer satisfied with the one I have at home, and the sheets and towels were likewise great. The location is perfect, near restaurants and supermarket but away from the center of town. We chose to mainly relax on the lounge chairs provided, walk along the beach and swim right in front of the house, but you could also be more active and do many sports or go sight seeing if that was your preference. We are already planning a trip with our grown children and grandchildren for a family vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was very hot so we appreciated the AC throughout
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Sep 20, 2016
Dear Dorit,
We are very happy that you had a great anniversary vacation. Many of our guests come to our home just to relax and enjoy the sun, the beautiful sea and the fabulous sunsets. We look forward to welcoming you back with your children and grandchildren.
Thanks for enjoying our home,
richardbf...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“YOU NEED TO STAY HERE!”
Reviewed September 14, 2016 for a stay in March 2015

Good day! If you are looking for a vacation that offers both the quiet of Caribbean Beaches and Breezes and the amenities of Resorts, look here! I have stayed at both ​Casa​ ​Serena​ and ​Casa Tamara​ (the adjacent property) every year (mostly) for the last 17 years. There are reasons I keep coming back. First, Rincon is a wonderful town, full of friendly people and great food. From the local grocery store to top notch restaurants and bars, this is a great place to vacation for variety of food and drink. The drive from San Juan is beautiful; and takes you along the coast and through authentic Puerto Rico. Having a car is the recommendation as once you are in Rincon the town offers everything from parasailing, jet skies, horseback riding, mountain-top B&Bs, deep Sea Fishing, Snorkeling, Scuba, Whale Watching, massage and more! Also, Jeff Sinclair in Rincon is a massage therapist who will come to the house and give you a massage on the patio or beach!! HERE IS THE BEST PART! On the flip side, if you want quiet and calm, all you have to do is walk out your front door and it is in front of you... The BEACH! You have the best of all worlds! So while your family and/or friends may be off riding scooters around town, you can relax on the beach with your favorite beverage and think of... Mmmmm.... nothing! It has been wonderful working with Nancy and Gladys over the years. Nancy (owner) is very accommodating and checks in with you during your stay to assure your stay is outstanding. Gladys is the super nice, in-town, caretaker (of both you and the house) and is available 24/7 should you have questions or needs. I can not recommend staying at either Casa Tamera or Serena enough. You have excitement or serenity at your fingertips and the​ ​choice is yours from day-to-day. Have fun!

Liked best: The Beach!
Liked least: I wish I could bring my dog
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Sep 14, 2016
Dear Ricky,
It is always such a pleasure to have you visit Casa Serena and Casa Tamara. Most people who love Rincon tell us that we have great houses, in the best location. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back next March.
Have a good few months till we see you again!
Kathy M
Merritt Island, Florida
“Owner is very nice but would not rent again”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband and I rented one half of this duplex. The owner is very attentive but did not make up for all of the shortcomings of the place. On the positive side it was on a nice beach and there were plenty of outside areas to sit. The kitchen is well equiped.

On the negative side the place really needed a good cleaning. The place has a funky smell and the showers were coated in soap scum. The couch in the living room really needed to be replaced. The springs are so shot it is uncomfortable to sit on it. We tried to put this aside and make the best of it but the place could not have been noiser. There were barking dogs (several), kids on mini bikes, a bar down the street that played live music outside, a cat in heat and our duplex neighbor chose to do his laundry past midnight. My husband contacted Nancy about the neighbor and she assured us that she would talk to him and it would not continue. It did continue. We were all exausted and couldn't really take staying up all night for another night. We ended up leaving early. When we let Nancy know are plans she challenged us saying that we were really leaving becasue it was raining.

Liked best: the location
Liked least: the noise and lack of cleanliness
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 29, 2016
Dear Kathy,
I am truly sorry that you were not happy with our home. I wish you would have called me immediately to tell me about the problems. My manager would have come over immediately and taken care of everything to your satisfaction, including cleaning whatever you felt was not clean enough. It is true that all over Puerto Rico, there are dogs and cats kept outside, and they sometimes can be noisy, especially If there is a cat in heat. But again, if you had told us, my manager may have been able to do something.
As you know, as soon as you emailed me about the neighbor doing laundry late at night, I called them and told them that they couldn't because it disturbed you. It was an unfortunate situation because the neighbor was working on a project all day, every day, till 10 PM and could only do laundry late. BUT after it happened a second time, I arranged for the neighbor to use the laundry room in our other house. You are correct that when you told me that you were leaving early, I could not figure out why and since the laundry room was the only problem you had told me about, I guessed that it may have been the rainy weather you had. WHY didn't you call me earlier about any of the problems you now bring up for the first time? I always tell our guests to call me immediately about anything that is not to their satisfaction. I answer my phone 24 hours a day. My guests satisfaction is very important to me and again, I am very sorry.
Nancy
The Yoni...
“Family Getaway”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Hi Nancy, I wrote this on behalf of my family.
My wife and I recently rented​ ​both Casa Serena & both Casa Tamara for a large family getaway.​ ​What a treat! Nancy, the owner, was very accessible ​before and during our vacation and ​Gladys, the super sweet ​manager​, greeted us at the homes and welcomed my relatives with a wide smile. The property was breath taking! The ​insides​ of the ​houses​ ​are​ ​very nicely​ furnished and​ fully​ equipped,​ ​including cable tv​ in the living rooms and in 2 of the bedrooms in Casa Tamara, WIFI, ​barbecues, lots of lounge chairs and plenty of​ beach​ towels. The porch is roomy and overlooks the Caribbean​ with view of beautiful sunsets. ​

We had a large family BBQ on the lawn, grateful to be away from the city but near to the action. Rincon has several great restaurants, amazing scuba driving​, snorkeling right in front of the house, parasailing, ​ and a very nice hotel down the beach for food, ​a beach bar​, dancing and ​they ​even​ rent kayaks and​ jet ski​is​. Some of us wanted to explore the island and there were a number of great day trips close enough to Rincon. We definitely plan on returning. ​

Thank you Nancy & Gladys for all of your warmth and help.​ My family and I loved it all!

​Joseph and Family​

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Families with young children
Aug 17, 2016
Dear Joe,
Thanks for being such great guests. With such a large group, your wife told me that It was great to be able to spread out so you were not always on top of each other. Your wife told me that she was so happy to be able to wake up slowly and make a cup of coffee when she woke up, in her own kitchen, before starting a busy day with everyone. Thanks for choosing our home for your vacation. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Nancy Renee
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing