“Yummy Sushi!”

Ranked #15 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pool Bar Sushi is a landmark in Rincon with its tropical, unique atmosphere and fresh sushi with cold local beers. Surf flicks play on a giant screen above the pool surrounded with tables to eat and drink.
New York City, New York
“Yummy Sushi!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great atmosphere, great food, cute staff! Plus, a pool to swim in after or during your meal. What could be better?

Visited March 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
“I really wanted to like it here...”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was visiting with friends and heard great things about this place. We went for a late dinner on a weekend night and it wasn't too busy, and we were able to get a table fairly quickly. The food was good and tasted fresh. I wasn't bothered by drink and food checks being separate. Atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

The problems started after the kitchens were closed and it went into bar-mode. If you're looking to be surrounded by a bunch of young surfer-bro kind of people, you're in the right place! The place was almost 100% tourist, "hipster" kind of kids. There was a live band playing and although they weren't my preferred style of music they weren't bad. Getting drinks from the bar was more of a hassle than it was worth. One bartender was friendly but the other was really unpleasant. Said my card didn't work the first time but I ended up getting a double charge on my statement. I should have just brought my own booze and packed a bowl bowl like everyone else was doing.

Overall, not really my kind of place. I liked the dinner atmosphere and I'd be willing to try it again if I went back there, but if you're not in the mood for a total bro-fest skip the late night.

• Visited February 2014
amezagt
“worth a trip”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

sushi was ok, but honestly don't ask me why we were trying to find decent sushi in PR. tempura banana dessert was the highlight.

Visited March 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great late night bar scene”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Came here one night for live music. Loved the cool vibe and surf movies playing on the big screen and a good mix of people. Came back the next night to eat dinner and it was a little off. Service was not great. You have to have two separate checks and two separate people take your order for food versus drinks and they kept confusing us. Food was average. Asked for several things to be brought to the table during the meal (sauces, etc) and they were forgotten and never brought. I did think the coconut flan was divine! But the odd thing was, which I understand they are a sushi restaurant so they mostly have chopsticks but they brought me this deep plastic soup spoon (super awkward to eat off) for the flan lol! No forks available, or even regular spoons?! My friends were definitely disappointed with the average food after hearing rave reviews about the sushi, as well as the not so great service. I was ok with it just due to liking the chill atmosphere but I don't think I'd go back to eat. I'd definitely come back to party at night though!

• Visited March 2014
“Fantastic rolls!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Wow, this place gets better every year! The coco loco roll is absolutely amazing! Don't skip dessert, the tempura bananas are so good, the right amount of sweet & crunch. Definitely go when on Rincon, it's a wonderful meal.