“excellent get away”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rincon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice hotel if you are ok with just the basics. Clean and steps away from the beach. My only issue was the slow response we received when there was an issue with the cable being out in our room. I was given a blanket response ‘it’s out for the whole town’. However cable was working two streets down when we went for dinner’. They assumed it was the town and never placed a call.

I know who comes to a beach hotel and worries about cable. But it was a rainy day and I was traveling with a 7 year old. 

Room Tip: Room 224 is one of the lower rated rooms, but right on the edge of the hotel with a great view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DC Metro
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm saddened by the reviews that make this place out to be a dump. It's not. It's a very basic beach hotel that provides what you need. For my family of 3, we had 2 comfortable beds and enough space in the room (although we weren't in the room much). Yes, the bathroom was small, but so is mine at home. The lobby, bar/restaraunt area and pool are all open and connected, so if you want something quiet, request a room away from all that. We were in #117, and were not bothered by noise at all. Many people are here for a break and to relax. Yes, drinking and dancing at the bar were part of that (much to the entertainment of my 10 year old). But no one was obnoxious. While we were there, there were mostly families, and perhaps a few younger spring-breakers. The beach is small, but the waves were gentle enough for some water time. One caution - use water shoes, as there were a lot of broken bottles/glass on the beach (newly broken with jagged edges, I know beach glass usually isn't sharp). Don't blame the hotel for the piggish guests who don't know how to take care of their trash. We encountered many friendly people, with the exception of 1 lady behind the front desk who scowled at me every time I asked a question. I can see going back.

Room Tip: There is a quiet section in a building away from the pool area (where #117 is).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ctsb1903
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just stayed here with my husband. We were hoping only for a basic hotel: a place to sleep and shower. this hotel didn't even provide that. I don't understand where the raving reviews come from but I certainly don't agree. don't get me wrong, I've stayed at my fair share of sketchy places without complaint but for 145 a night I can't believe the shoddiness of this place. no hot or even warm water and music so loud in the lobby it was impossible to sleep. the beach was filthy with bags of Doritos, broken beach chairs, and coconut hulls strewn everywhere. on top of that it was crowded and rooms were totally out of date. would MAYBE pay 35$ for it but certainly not worth what they charge. look elsewhere.

2 Thank funrun33
long island
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If u want a party atmosphere overrun by locals then this is the place for you. Baby carriages and all. The bar is the happening place if u want to party. Pool is small. Beach is small. Day bar staff..some very good ..other..woman..makes no eye contact and ignores you. Took 35 minutes to just order lunch at the bar..standing right in front of her. They need a better system. Food..ehh. No pool tables avail..locals only. Sunset beautiful, but we preferred a quieter place. If u like the party scene..this is for you. Not for us.

1 Thank mysunnmoon
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I with about 50 of our family and friends stayed at Villa Cofresi for our wedding weekend. The whole thing was so unforgettable and special. We were just thrilled with Villa Cofresi and everything it had to offer. Amazing staff, great service, delicious food and let's not forget the gorgeous sunset! All of our guests had such a great time and granted, a lot of that had to do with the company we were with but a good portion of that had to do with where we were. Sandra put together a last minute meet & greet for the night before the wedding with just a little guidance and it was perfect. David and the catering crew were superb- friendly and professional. And the wedding!!! Wow- everything was just great. We can't thank Villa Cofresi enough for making our wedding so wonderful. We all had such a great time.

Room Tip: The bar gets very loud at night. If you like to party but still want a good night's sleep, ask...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I just spent four nights at villa cofresi and we can not wait to come back! We had a wonderful experience. The room was nice and clean, staff was great and they had the best bartenders with greatest personalities- (who also serve the tastiest drinks around)! The pool is small but we rater be at the beach anyway. You can get beach towels and umbrellas for free every day at the front desk. There is also daily kayak, paddle board, jet ski and banana boat rentals right on the beach. The hotel is also located near by some great restaurants (walking distance 5-8 min tops) the cocktail lounge (hidden in the shopping center with Edwards food market) & our personal favorite lucky 13 BBQ. We also used the taxi service recommended by the hotel (ask about Carlos). Great for on time and friendly airport pickup/drop off as well as day adventures such as Maia's beach for a day of surfing. We highly recommend villa cofresi. We are a younger couple who is always down for a good time, however there were a lot of families at the hotel. If you have young children I would suggest asking for a room furthest away from the bar. The music could be loud at times but the bar does close at midnight- which was nice because it allows for a good nights sleep to prepare you for the next amazing day of fun in the sun. Looking forward to booking our next trip!

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
#1 of 9 in Cabo Rojo
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!