“A hidden Jewel!!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rincon
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“A hidden Jewel!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Villa Cofresi is a hidden jewel in the surf capital of Puerto Rico. The hotel is clean; the beds are comfortable, and the food served in la Ana's restaurant is pure Puerto Rican delicacy. However, the reason, my husband and I returned year after year is the outstanding service. Sandra the hotel manager is a charming person and excellent host. She always walks around asking her patrons how their visit is going. In addition, service at the bar and restaurant is magnificent. Chuito, the best bartender in Rincon, definitely understands the importance of friendly and first-class service.
This hotel may not be the fanciest in the area, but I can guarantee that while you are there it will feel like home. I read complaints about the free continental breakfast, and it really bothers me. I am not sure what people expect, but a continental breakfast is a light breakfast consisting usually of coffee or tea and a roll, pastry, or other baked good. This being said Villa Cofresi's continental breakfast fits the definition perfectly. I cannot wait to go back to my second home, Villa Cofresi, this Christmas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrsAirey2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Rincon. Stayed here for only 2 nights and it was well worth it. The ocean is literally the backyard with amazing ocean and sunset views. The rooms can easily fit 4 people comfortably. I am a bar owner/bartender in MD so i am very fond of hotels that have good bar service, which is not common in hotels. The nightshift bartenders are very skilled, prompt, friendly, and personable. Especially Thomas. It says a lot when you're only in town for 2 days and you spend most of your time at the lobby waterfront bar. Fresh coconut drinks are the house special and well worth it. Bar apps aren't bad either. The continental breakfast wasn't much but that's minimal to me in importance. But like in most places in Puerto Rico, even the house coffee is excellent. The entire staff was very welcoming and nice. Thank you Sandra for running a fine establishment. I, along with many friends i tell, will certainly be coming back to stay at Villa Confresi.
Chris from MD

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Ccjjff
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall I liked this hotel very much. It is located next to the beach, it has a very nice amenities, including a pool, and a restaurant, and the staff was very friendly. I thought it was reasonably priced, and it included breakfast. Be aware that many of the rooms with a view of the pool or the ocean are also facing the bar area which can get pretty loud at night time. After the first night we requested to be moved to a more quiet room and they did. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Vermont
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We did not stay here, just enjoyed the bar and beach. Very friendly staff, fun place to enjoy the sun and eat some reasonable greasy burgers. Drinks are reasonable. Try the local coconut Pirate drink! Always a fun, relaxing day. Very clean restrooms to boot! Which is something to be said for this area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlondeBling
San Francisco
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Villa Cofresi is a beach hotel in the beautiful town of Rincon, Puerto Rico. How to put this delicately... it was slapped up in the 60s and has been crumbling ever since. Our room was reminiscent of a flop house. A bed with rough sheets and mildewy pillows. Towels with the grit (and thickness) of rough sandpaper. Sticky floors in the room. A general stank of mildew everywhere.

Amenities? The breakfast is pretty blech. White bread bagels and instant wafels tossed on a table next to a toaster. The strip of sand next to the hotel is probably so teensy because they built way to close to the ocean and guess what? Beaches without protection erode. There are tons of beautiful beaches in this part of the island but the Villa Confresi isn't on one.

There's a bar that can get crowded. To be honest, it wasn't our crowd. It seemed like a mix of middle aged tourists and middle aged single locals. A nice enough place to watch the sun set over the water. The only downside is the bartenders are really slow, crowded or not. They also seem shocked when you want to charge a beer to your room, as though it's a huge hassle to want to do such a thing in a hotel bar.

One tip: If you want to sleep past 7am, don't get a room near the pool. That's what we started with. A few mornings of screaming kids and we changed it.

To the hotel's credit, the staff is friendly and efficient. Our room change was zero hassle and they sent somebody to help with our bags. Questions about the area were gladly answered.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the pool if you want to sleep in the morning. It gets loud.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank santrellos
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

It was great overall o stayed there for my honeymoon last december 15, almost a week ago for 3 days and ir was cool, i would really like to come back another time, food was good, room was good, the only thing I didn't like was when the waiters manager just got into one of the waiters when a person tried to order something out of the menu and he started yelling screaming at him and I almost got mad out of that cause if you are mad or your employe did something wrong you took him a part and talked to him no infront of all the people there, I was waiter at Holliday inn, Manhattan and I never got disrespected like that, I almost stand from my sit and talked This guy myself, but didn't do it, first of all, nobody is perfect and can loose some worda in English, and second he explained what they have in the menu, it's not the waiter problem that thus persons that had being ordering where drunk with the famous coco piratas and can't even stand by themselves and were demanding and not understanding ordering, and the other part, pool was freezing like hell, I entered to take a swim and I didn't stay for more than 5 min, overall they are a great hotel and I recommend it, just change those few things and you are an awesome hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was a bit skeptical at first because I had visited the bar before I had stayed there and to be honest, it didn't looked fancy at all. I stayed there one night for my 1st anniversary, this place has an amazing sentimental value for me and if I had known that it was so good, I would had stayed there longer.

The staff were friendly, the room was spotless and the food was great. I don't know if it was because of how tired I was, but I did slept like a princess in the bed. I found it really comfortable.

If you tend to sleep at day and stay awake at night you will have an awful time looking for places to eat, besides a Burger King (yuck!) everything was closed before midnight.

The hotel is at the beach shore, and we were allowed to stay there, at 3:00am which was very romantic because we gazed at the star, and for my luck, I experienced a "shooting star rain".

I will love to go back there!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wenped
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,882 reviews
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!