“Fun, fun, fun!”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is excellent for families, it has an arcade, pool, beach, restaurant and a bar. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and good at what they do. Breakfast is a lot of bread: french toast, pancakes, waffles, sandwich bread, bagels etc. Could be better but at least is better than what you get at other places none. You don't have to leave the hotel to have fun.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank laufig
There are newer reviews for Villa Cofresi Hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've stood at Cofresi 2 times and the family likes it but we have noticed that too many people come that are not paying to stay there and we have to wait alot to play at the tables of billar also the chairs at the beach they enjoy. The beach is beautiful but its full of lots of rocks even glass. The employees are nice. there are also few rooms that is for 5 people or more.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank pantera198
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I don't understand all the excellent ratings this place gets. Maybe its good compared to other places in Rincon but not compared to anything I'm use to. I just got back there from a 6 night visit. Its like a Days Inn.

First the positives.
The room was clean. I was very happy about that.
The front desk staff were friendly and the night guard was really kind.
ts right on the beach which is beautiful.
When you are in the ocean it feels like your on a TV set is so amazing.

Okay that not so goods.
The whole place smells like old bleached out dirty molding mops. The rooms are stale.
The only daytime food available is at the bar and is almost all fried except for chicken kabobs. When I got there from my flight at 2am, there was no water in my room and the vending machines where empty. No water for me in the whole place.
The breakfast....how laughable. Trays of bread. Plan beagles, white or wheat sliced with a plate of ham and cheese slices. Small pale cold pancakes and half done french toast. You have to take these things and put them in a George Foreman grill or toaster. Then you get fountain sugar water that looks like juice. You have to pay for eggs if you want them. If you get there early you might be lucky to get some not so great looking fruit.

The tropical drinks except for their 1 specialty is out of a bottle full of corn syrup! I thought at least they would use local fresh fruit! The pirate special drink to me was less than special.

The very worst thing about the hotel was the bar staff. Both myself and a very pretty friend would stand at the bar ready to order only to have the staff ignore you and service countless locals first. Not once but at least 5 times to the point where I had to complain. Actually we both did on separate occasions. She even had to order through a local to get service.

The restaurant was understaffed. I watched people coming to dinner and wait to be seated and leave because they had one server for the whole restaurant while a wedding was going on. I know workers cancel shifts but come on! You don't have any backup planned when you hosting a wedding!

I was very disappointed an honestly my feelings were hurt being ignored while paying to stay 6 nights at there stinky hotel.

Accept for the bar service, its really not horrible but again I don't get all the raves. Oh...they let anyone come to the bar, pool and beach area. There were more locals than guest using these things with kids running around everywhere. I love the locals (no racial issues here) don't get me wrong but it gets so over crowded on a hot day you have to go out of your way to find a peaceful area to enjoy the beautiful view.

Disappointing.

Room Tip: No elevator so be mindful of that. I was on the 3rd floor but it really was not an issue.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Kay M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived in Rincon and decided to go at Cofresi because of tripadvisor's reviews... no reservation and friday.... Still we managed to have a room... 209... near the bar... big party there ... the room was a little overrated even if we had our private balcony write on the beach.
very good complementary breakfast and maid service. The beach is great for walks.. and villa cofresi is near a supermercado and plenty of restaurants... we had a great time in Rincon, and we do not regret our pricy room...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank youk05
Reviewed July 31, 2012

With a great bar with strong drinks right in front of the beach this place screams PARTY. My room was the 207, near the bar, and thankfully I was in party-mode because thats what Cofresi give us all the weekend. Breakfast are very nice from cupcakes, pancakes and waffles to fruits, juices and coffee. Be sure to order the "Pirata Special" the house drink, a mix of rums and coconut milk that will kick your head.

There is a pool but I'd never used since I spent my weekend on the beach riding jetski, banana boats and kayaks, rented right on the beach. I watched a dolphin too. GREAT.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ariel D
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was the third time we have stayed and the second with our son and his family. We had a great time and I know my son and his wife and children also had a great time. The staff was great, the music, food and activities also very good. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there again...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I decded to travel my island, Puerto Rico, with my husband and daughter of nine, so Rincon was the place to stay. This hotel is a very good choice for those who are not interested in a fancy ambience. We enjoyed the room with refrigerator and coffee maker. It was a standard deluxe with sea view (Room 215), huge, comfty, bathroom clean and bed we could say very good to sleep on. The beach place is not big but we had a day of fun on it (towels, chairs and umbrellas are included). The pool for me was average because it is small for the capacity of the place indeed I did not use it, my child did and she enjoyed it, The bar is huge, they have kareokee at night, and a lot of locals visit the place, if you like to party you will have it.

There are some tips needed to be consider a) if you want to rest ask for the rooms far away from the pool and bar (215 is one of them), the noise from the bar will not bother; but if you are into party mood get the rooms beside these places; b) parking is a little harsh at night, talk to the employees they will try anyway to help you; c) the restaurant is too expensive..try other places like Harbor Restaurant (Sea Food) or Pancho Villa (Mexican).

We are very pleased with the hotel, it is located in a very accesible place to different locations (pharmacy, supermarket, restaurants and other beaches) and during the year there are some nice offer. And please...try the coconut drink, it is good!!

Room Tip: To rest...away from the bar and pool; to party ask for rooms besides these places
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!