“Pirate Punch and Close to the Beach”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a great hotel on the south side of Rinco, tucked down a side road and as close to the beach as I think possible. Walking into the open air lobby, you glimpse the first view of the lively bar, pool, and beautiful ocean beyond. Stayed in a wonderul king bed room on the third floor with a balcony view that was worth every penny. Rooms are very spacious. I took another reviewer's advice and requested a more quet room away from the paloppa bar that was a gathering of both visitors and local who enjoyed great food, drink, and views. I found the hotel clean, very spacious, with a nice small fridge for drinks, and all the necessities. I ate at the bar, hotel, and had room service, all excellent if service was a bit sluggish, but to their credit it was busy. And who could mind waiting over a cocktail with a gorgeous 180 view of a Peurto Rican sunset? I found the hotel busy but not crowded, clean, fun, and a great value. I would certainly go back. My only gripe, was upon check in, I and my two pieces of luggage were escorted to my room up two flights of stairs to my room. The bellman never offered to help. I will go back and enjoy this great city and slice of paradise to enjoy the views, the surf, and this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't mind singing and music until Midnight on the weekends, request a room away from the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Went to Rincon for a dive trip with Taino Divers.. and found this lil treasure. We arrived late, in the dark, and didn't see the property, til morning. It's gorgeous! The rooms are nice, the service is great! The restaurant, bar area, overlooks the ocean, and has music in the evenings. There's lots to do for everyone.. pool tables, foosball, telescopes, and a nice swimming pool. The beach is beautiful, and chairs are provided.
There's a breakfast buffet, but we were leaving early to go diving, and would be gone before it started... so a healthy lil sack of goodies, was left for us at the desk, to take with us. Now that's great service!!

Room Tip: The deck area, has music til about mid-night, so if you go to bed early.. request something away fro...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I arrived at the Villa Confresi after dark. Although the hotel sign on the main road wasn't too easy to see, once I got to the hotel I was very pleased. There is a nice bar/restaurant where you can look over the water. Our waiter Luis directed us to surfing lessons for the next day! Continental breakfast was available, and the hotel was not crowded at all. We had an ocean view room with a large balcony. The room was nice, but there was a very strong air freshener plugged in the bathroom...even after unplugging it, the smell stayed. I was on the 3rd floor, and I don't remember seeing an elevator...this isn't a problem if you only have one bag, but for a longer stay it would be inconvenient.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view...it's definitely worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The Villa Cofresi is located on a beautiful beach. The hotel staff is friendly and our room was large, clean and had a lovely view of the ocean. The outdoor bar/ grill area is a constant hub of activity. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the famed coconut filled beverages. If you like to go to sleep early, or are a light sleeper, you might request a room that does not front on the bar area, as it is quite noisy till 11 or 12.

The town of Rincon is fun. You can go to many of the surfing areas nearby whether to surf or be a spectator. We went sailing and snorkeling with "Katarina sailing Adventures". I would recommend this as a relaxing day on the water. The crew was professional and fun and the food and drink, included in the price, were very good.

Room Tip: If you don't mind noise from the bar and ocean, choose a room on the second floor facing the oce...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kitsy P
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Rincon for the first time last month for a surfing vacation. A friend recommended the Villa Cofresi. The hotel is a family owned and operated establishment. There is certainly a welcoming, friendly atmosphere that is promoted here. We met many families that return year after year that seemed very happy with the hotel. I’m trying my best to be optimistic about this place and we usually overlook minor details that disappoint us, but in this instance, there are just too many to ignore.

The positive:
First and foremost the staff is very friendly and accommodating (genuinely nice people).
The rates are quite reasonable.
The bar is one of the nicest in Rincon (right on the beach / amazing sunsets).
Monday night (Gringo night is a lot of fun, great band)
Pirate special (Rum / Kahlua drink served in a fresh coconut…how often do you see a bartender swinging a machete behind a bar?).
Spacious rooms with large balconies.
There’s an electronic safe in the room.
Housekeeping is quite thorough and does a nice job.
Nice large umbrellas are available for loan to take with you when you visit another beach (nice touch).

The negative:
During the course of our weeklong stay, we had one hot shower. (No hot water on any evening of our stay)
The air conditioner made a LOT of noise (screeching sound, we requested that it be repaired; they attempted to fix it but were unsuccessful).
Outside noise makes it difficult to get a good night’s sleep.
Friday through Monday, if you go out for dinner, you won’t have a parking spot when you return.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights the bar fills with locals (not guests of the hotel).
There isn’t much beach and there aren’t enough lounge chairs.
There’s no break at this hotel, you have to drive about ten minutes away to find surf.
There’s a shortage of beach towels.
Intermittent wifi (it rarely worked in the room but in the lobby it always worked).
The free breakfast is adequate, but could be better. (They offer one type of fruit per day, no yogurt and no granola. If you want eggs they charge you $6. They only use paper and plastic. The paper coffee cups are a little bit bigger than a shot glass.)
No gym.

Bottom line:
We enjoyed our stay and the people there are really nice, but we won’t return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the beach. Amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BeachDLT-50
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Location could not be better than Villa Confresi! The center of the hotel is an outdoor bar & bbq, on the carribean sea (right on the beach). The staff were fun and very friendly. There was a great crowd, and great vibe. If you are going to Rincon, DEFINITELY stay at Villa Confresi... or at least go check out their happy hour or dinner. Their signature drink, "The Original Pirate" is a hollowed out coconut with LOTS of rum and coconut milk horchata. Yum!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MT21PDX
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stay there almost every year, they bring good service. The rooms are very clean, the beach its right next to your room, the view its beautiful, the food is good. I just loved it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharili
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!