“Best room on the beach...”

Villa Cofresi Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My sister and I have been going to this hotel for many years and have found it more than satisfactory. Our balcony is very close to the beach so at night we can hear the ocean. We are far from the bar area so the music and noise are not a bother. The room is quite large with 2 big beds, a nice sitting area with a table and chairs, a big closet, a huge dresser with the tv, a refrigerator, and in the entryway is a dressing table with mirror. The bathroom has a tub. The balcony is spacious with a table and 2 chairs. When we have asked for anything extra in our room it was quickly taken care of and delivered. The breakfast, which comes with the room, is adequate with omlettes available for a small price. It is served buffet style and you can eat your breakfast just yards from the water. The service for dinner is more sketchy but always with politeness and a smile.The food is good. The pool is not large but also adequate. The water is cold--at least I find it so. The ocean is just a step away and usually warmer. All of the years we have been going there the water is a bit wavy which the kids of all ages seem to enjoy. I am looking forward to this years stay in February.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PetuniaPig

Reviewed December 25, 2011

If you like a pool table, karaoke scene the bar is a nice, clean option. We did not stay in the hotel but stopped by for drinks and appetizers. Unfortunately the not very tropical famous pirate coconut drink, along with some unappetizing food made my stomach turn. The pool tables and location were wonderful though. Couldn't imagine staying here with kids unless the rooms are soundproof.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JFel
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review about your short experience at Villa Cofresi Hotel. Yes, you are right, our very famous Pirate drink is not for everyone. It is a mix of different kinds of rum, it also has milk, coconut milk and cinnamon, so if you don't like those ingredients you will not enjoy it. I am sorry you did not enjoy our food. We specialize in fresh seafood, Angus beef and Puerto Rican cuisine. Our location, as you mentioned, is one of our best attributes, right on a beautiful beach. We have rooms for everyone; for the partiers, as you mention, but also for families who need very quiet rooms away from the bar. We would have been thrilled to show them to you. What makes us successful for so long, precisely, is that we have something for everyone. Give us a try next time!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Not too many lodging locations are this close to the beach. Great accommodating staff and clean rooms ON THE BEACH.

Room Tip: Room 119 is nearest to the beach
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at Villa Cofresi for three nights Thursday- Sunday, in Mid December.
The hotel is clean, comfortable, safe, well maintained and overall, really pleasant.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
You really get the feeling that this hotel wants to treat you right and to come back.

Most of the guests are local families and couples on vacation and they were really nice people to be around. I think I was one of the few solo travelers.

My room was spacious and comfy with a balcony that had an amazing view overlooking the sea.
I had one small issue with my room (window handle not working) and it was attended to and fixed immediately!

The hotel has a great, open air bar overlooking the beach with friendly and entertaining bartenders who looked after me and the other guests. There's Puerto Rican music, salsa dancing and karaoke. It was a very cool, authentic scene of locals and tourists. Very good food too! All this,overlooking the sea.

The hotel beach is great; it has sand, is not crowded at all, is good for swimming and faces west for beautiful sunsets.

There are shops, restaurants and other beaches within short walking distance.
I don't drive but I have to say that Rincon is a town that definitely drives and I think it's best to have a car if you're spending more than two days there.

If you tend to go to bed early and want quiet nights be sure to ask for a quiet room in advance. The bar party scene lasts till about midnight but there are rooms that don't face the bar. I stayed in one and it was fine.
Anyway, the music they play is great Puerto Rican and Caribbean music. I'm from New York, home to a large Puerto Rican community but there was still a lot of great music I'd never heard before.
Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Charles B
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Villa Cofresi Hotel. I can tell you really understand what we are all about. Yes, we are family oriented, yes, we want everyone to come back, yes, we have amazing views and excellent service. Yes, we do have rooms that are very quiet. Just ask for them! WE hope to have you with us again in the very near future. Thanks for recommending Villa Cofresi to the world!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Arrived mid day on a Wed. Had booked the deluxe ($350) suite on the ocean to have quiet and comfort ala reviews. The employee who showed us to our room looked and acted as if he'd slept in his clothes for several nights. No English. Dirt balls on the stairs, wrappers on the floor in the hall. Our room: smelled like the old furniture that was there; broken acoustic tiles perched akimbo in the ceiling; the AC was barely attached to the wall- tape holding parts together; the handle of a window came off in my hand when I tried to open it; there was a shag rug that could have been really dirty or made of foam rubber. Our hearts sank with the thought of actually staying-sleeping there cause it felt so depressed. AND we'd just paid in full.
The good news: 1)We stayed next door at Rincon of the Seas ($249 incl FULL breakfast and $25 gift to a lovely restaurant). It seemed like heaven. And 2) Cofresi refunded our total without a problem. The place felt desolate and BADLY in need of almost everything.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Momohat
LalaRincon_P_R_, Owner at Villa Cofresi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your recent experience at Villa Cofresi Hotel. We are very sorry that your experience with us was not good a one. We are aware that you checked out immediately. Our heart sank when you decided to leave and we offered to show you a different room, but you kindly declined. The description that you provide of the room and facilities does not match what we are actually all about. We keep our rooms up to date and very clean. We are also the happy and energetic place in Rincon and not the depressing one that you portray. We sincerely apologize for your short time at our hotel. We feel we were not given the opportunity to change your mind at all. Our service has always been outstanding and I'm sure, that given the opportunity your impression of us would have changed right away. If you are in the Rincon area again in the future, we would love to have the opportunity to serve you. I guarantee a very different perspective.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

While beach hopping on our vacation we visited this resort and ended staying here instead. The staff was extemely friendly and the rooms were very clean. If you are short (like my wife) getting into the tub type jacuzzi can be a fun challenge. Just hanging at the bar every afternnon watching the sunset was worth it. It's a short drive to Cabo Rojo where you can get some great local food.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 09beachlovers
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This is a good, well run hotel with pleasant and helpful staff. just know that this is not a "five star" place but rather a laid back, kick back kind of place. I stayed there with a buddy on 10/25 and 10/26 2011. Our room (317) was very large and adequately appointed. There is a very large very private balcony that overlooks the sea directly below. We were on the top floor and during a late afternoon downpour the noise of the rain on the roof was deafening....but if you like that sort of sound it was also kind of exciting. Noise from the bar which sits in the open air center of this horseshoe shaped place was not a problem in this room....so definitely ask for a similarly situated room if loud music at night is a problem for you. The cooking at dinner was exceptionally good, I thought, given the "out of the way" location of Rincon. The breakfasts though were disappointing with little selection and poor presentation. Many local families with small preschoolers seemed to be staying there at this time of the year. So if little kids running around is an issue be aware of this. The hotel was not difficult to find. We drove a rental from San Juan airport and got there in about 2 hours. I was especially grateful that the hotel staff was very understanding and helpful with a major problem. My buddy had come to Rincon for scuba diving opportunities. The three dive shops in the town that we knew of were not operating at this time of the year. When we heard that there was diving going on off Guanica and La Perguera about an hour south, I asked to leave the hotel two days early. My prepaid money was cheerfully and quickly refunded using my credit card. This is a good choice for families and those looking to relax and have some drinks and some fun in the sun.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the outdoor bar are quieter. Not sure what other rooms were like but ours wa...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank haddy0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
#1 of 6 in Isabela
Malecon House
Malecon House
#1 of 6 in Isla de Vieques

Been to Villa Cofresi Hotel? Share your experiences!