See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Let me start by saying, if you are looking for, and are a person who wants, five star hotels then please stay away from this friendly, quaint place. Yes, it looks older and outdated however I can tell you that it is clean and comfy! We stayed in the ocean front top floor room. It had amazing views, great beach access, comfortable beds, and was very clean. Like I mentioned earlier, the kitchen and furniture is outdated but it was clean. We like to cook and the kitchen was just fine.

The location is excellent! You can walk to town, the supermercado (store), and many other bars/stores, etc. Oh, and there are miles of beach's you are sitting right on top of.
We did have an issue with our reservation where someone on the staff accidentally deleted our reservation from the system, however they fixed the issue and honored all prices.

There are many "apartments" on this property and we did not get to see what they look like inside. I can only speak to the ocean front rooms (there are really only 4 of them).

Also, the bar/restaurant on the property has excellent food!

Be warned, it is not common here for daily made service. You can always ask for it but expect they will probably on come by twice for the week. We just took our dirty towels to the front and they had packs of new ones ready for us.

I didn't give it a complete 5 stars for our visit due to the reservation issue.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are by far the best ones here.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for a weekend for a tournament trip, arrived there late friday and the reception was almost closing, the room was old, not well preserved. My reservation was for 6 people, ( I made my reservation by internet but called to confirm) but when I got there they told me that it was for 4 people only and that I had to pay extra for the other 2, since we were all adults. We left early on saturdy morning to the tournament and when we got back late at night the room was not clean. They don't clean the rooms, don't change the towels, didn't pick up the trash, anything!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed April 15, 2016

My wife,daughter, and I stayed there for 6 nights. April 7, thru April 13, 2016. We stayed in room #2. It was a two bedroom,two bathroom,living room, and full kitchen unit. The room was clean and maintained. Staff was wonderful and spoke English. They have a laundromat on site it takes quarters but, the front desk gives you the only key to the room so you don't have to sit with your clothes. The building is dated but, they aren't claiming to be a five star resort. I would highly recommended staying there to friends and family. It's walking distance to supermarket and town. The resort grounds were family friendly and safe.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Shawn K
Reviewed April 4, 2016

Dirty bathroom not cleaned in 8 day stay, room cleaned 2 times in 8 days only after being requested, spotty wi-fi, small tube television at least 15 years outdated, nowhere to clean feet after coming in from the beach so room always dirty - had to request a broom, uncomfortable beds right under airconditioning unit, noisy - had to go outside at 3:34 am to request guest to stop shouting to his friend/family member. No supplies provided to clean coffee maker or dishes/cups. Close to the beach and supermarket. Blessed with being next to Hotel Cofresi which was jumping and fun with a good restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for one of the cottages
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank edinburp
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

Staff was excellent, the rooms were pretty old but everything worked. They do not provide cleaning supplies or trash bags and there aren't any daily cleaning crews. The view is great, right in front of the beach.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family