“Rythm of the Caribbean”

LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages
Ranked #2 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I visited the Lemon Tree June 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We stayed in the Papaya suite, which is located down stairs, on the end of the complex. It was private and quiet, even when guests were staying up stairs. The porch is located so close to the water I was able to cast my fishing pole from it. We enjoyed snorkeling everyday and saw some pretty cool fish just off the beach in front of Lemon Tree. Our suite was clean and comfortable, with everything you need to have a great time, including a Styrofoam ice cooler to use on your day trips. There are even beach chairs you can use -- for whatever beach you decide to visit. Driving in Puerto Rico is not for the timid. Be patient, be careful, and take your turn when an opening develops and you'll be fine. I took my handheld GPS and it saved the day on several occasions.The roads through the mountains are slightly wider than my driveway, which makes for some challenging situations when the dump truck comes barreling around the curve. I have phone service with AT&T and Sprint, and an aircard with Verizon and they all worked well at the Lemon Tree and surrounding areas. Oh, and the chirpy little frogs (Coqui) that serenade you all night, fade into the distance as you take in the rhythm of the Caribbean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mario R

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Came here with my family and enjoyed the private location, closeness to the beach, and the large comfortable interior of the Papaya room. The inside was extremely clean and well taken care of. My son and I snorkeled along the coast line and saw many fish and sea creatures. Your really can't beat a nice beach, beautiful water, and snorkeling right outside your room. Will stay here again guaranteed.

Room Tip: Papaya room was fantastic, with a nice dining set and kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well-managed, clean and inviting - do your own cooking and become a native! Decks on the water - walk down to "private" beach - great area for snorkling, swimming, restaurants, shops and surfing - full house available or smaller units, pets OK

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RakeSource
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stood at the LemonTree for four days and we loved it. It was a warm inviting room, Pina Suite. The owners were great and we sprung for Photoshoot/ Romantic package (inquire). We felt we had our own private beach and the water was amazing.

We loved everything about it and it was extremely relaxing. I hate writing reviews but I felt I had to write one for The Lemon Tree.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgeRamosJr
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at Lemon Tree 3/18/thur 3/22/2013 in the Pina One Suite. It was Clean, well stocked, and Lovely! The beautiful ocean views were EXACTLY what I hoped and needed my Vacation to be! The working kitchen made it easy to enjoy breakfest and lunch and Dinning in town was Delightful! The Inn owners are very helpful and I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to share the ocean with tourist by the dozens. I fell asleep every night hearing the waves outside my window. It states OceanFront but felt like I was living on a house boat! I am planing a return for a long weekend in May. Don't miss this rare find! BOOK IT!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Donna O
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice, Clean, oceanfront rooms. You do not have your own cottage on the beach. It is two buildings, with 6 rooms. Some have large sitting areas, kitchens, all have a great ocean view on the beach. Everyone has their own outside, sitting area. My one bedroom, had a little refrigerator, and a nice book shelf with books. The tv was not in the room at the time of arrival, but I told them it is ok, for I don't want tv on my vacation. All other rooms, were fully equipped. Beware their is road noise. the road is right in back of the rooms. Also, their are nocturnal birds, who like to sing or chirp through out the night. Unless you are a sound sleeper or turn on you a/c unit, you will have a hard time falling asleep. All else, deserted beach, clean ocean, and no one to bother you. Good value, for what you receive in the room amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Oceansgirl_13
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at Lemon Tree for three days in March-April 2013. We stayed at the mango suite. The good: ocean front, access to the beach, private, beautiful, relaxing, clean, friendly, well located. The sun sets were beautiful. Rincon is a great location if you want the beach, the sun, and to explore the west part of Puerto Rico. I want to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IzT_13
LemonTree, Owner at LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We're so happy you two enjoyed your stay with us at the Lemontree. The Mango Suite has great oceanfront views from all of its rooms. From your review, you seemed to have truly experienced the "Rincon vibe," relaxed, friendly and exploring private spots along the beaches. Rincon is known as the town of beautiful sunsets and we are treated, as you were, to beautiful colorful skies at sunset. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lemontree!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#2 of 7 in Rincon
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to LemonTree Oceanfront Cottages? Share your experiences!