“The Lazy Parrot Inn”
Review of Lazy Parrot Inn

Lazy Parrot Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I just returned home from my stay at The Lazy Parrot. My son and I came for the bike race held in Rincon this last weekend. It was such a nice weekend. This is a trip my son and I will remember for a long time! Our room was upgraded, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and we just had a wonderful time. Breakfast was really good! It was a continental breakfast with a lot of fresh breads from the bakery next door. The staff was very helpful in both our reservations, and in helping to get us where we needed to go. I have never been to Puerto Rico, but after this weekend I would like to return with my wife and if I do I plan on another stay at The Lazy Parrot.

Room Tip: There are an assortment of rooms that have different views, and a few value rooms in the lodge. Pool...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2011

It's a secluded spot, quiet reasonably priced and they even upgraded my room. I'll be back! I loved the Rum Shack. Jim and Mitch are quite the hosts. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Unfortunately we only spent one night in this gem. Fun atmosphere, clean, stylish rooms, good food, local brew and lively conversation in the Rum Shack! We were in town for less than 24 hours and a surf lesson (which was awesome). The Lazy Parrot was perfect for us (on an anniverary vacation) - we wished immediately we could stay longer! We also noted how perfect it would have been to bring our kids... pool, hot tub, miniature golf - vertical style. Long story short ... you can t go wrong - the price is awesome and the laid back style is perfect. We were in the newer portion of the Inn, Ocean/pool view... can't speak to the rest of the rooms. Quaint surf town! Ramse was our surfing instructor and was really great. Highly recommend him as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I checked into the Parrot for a quick, three-night anniversary trip. We came down to surf and snorkel. I'd found the Parrot online, and didn't know anything about it, other than reviews I'd read- I was a bit nervous because of the great deal I found on Expedia, but was more than pleasantly surprised upon our arrival.
Parking is across the street (big lot, tons of room), and we stayed in room #1- king bed with a standard small patio. The room was super cute- not decorated in the cheesy, overdone, "tropical" look- it felt like a room at a friend's beach house. The room was prety large, with the bed, two nightstands, a built-in vanity, a small refrigerator, a small closet with a microwave, a very pretty updated bathroom, and a small, enclosed patio with two chairs and a small table. LOVED the room!!! Romantic, and had all of the featured you'd need on a trip. It was also very, very clean. AC was nice and cold.
The grounds are beautiful, and we spent a considerable aount of time at the Rum Shack- lots of locals come by to eat, so it's a great place to meet some friendly and interesting people. The food was delicious (I recommend the conch fritters and mahi tacos!), but the LP restaurant was closed for the slow season, so we didn't get to eat there. Plenty fo tasty options nearby and close to town. Complimentary breakfast at the Parrot was ideal- just walk downstairs for coffee, waffles, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc.
Francia with the LP was very helpful to me in plannign my trip- she was able to give me info on surf lessons, directions, ater-hours check-in, dining, etc. I highly recommend the Parrot to anyone traveling to Rincon!! You won't be disappointed, and you'll get a TON of bang for your buck!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LC64804
Reviewed September 26, 2011

if you can get a room in the back. i was in the front.the staff was very nice and got great directions from san juan they do need a little better job at cleaning the rooms before guests get there but was taken care of right away

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BirdLady, Owner at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

No excuses, we missed something under the bed. It happens from time to time, we are human. However we really appreciate the guest telling us immediately what the problem was and being able to rectify the situation on the spot. I wish all our guests would be so gracious to notify the office when something isn't right, giving us the opportunity to receive a positive review, like this one vs. a negative one if the guest had left unhappy! Thanks!

Birdlady

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a reasonable choice for a stay, though there are much better places - if coming here I would look for some of the charming B&Bs or boutique hotels closer to the ocean. We had a room which was, really, quite ordinary. Perhaps there are much better rooms that were already booked. The place is otherwise bustling with a great bar and restaurant and a friendly, young and hip vibe. Perhaps you want to come here for a drink or dinner, but not to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandeep K

We state right on our website we aren't for everyone but I can assure you the Lazy Parrot is quite a unique B&B property. The guest in this review stayed in our value section of the hotel in a 2nd floor room with the largest balcony on the property. He booked in February for his March stay and due to his late booking received a street side room. All rooms are first come first served meaning the best rooms go first. My suggestion is book early and make sure you do your homework before deciding on any accommodation in Rincon.

Birdlady

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I must admit that when my husband and I first arrived, I was initially alittle disappointed from the looks of the Lazy Parrot from the front entrance and very skeptical about what our stay would be like. Once we entered, I was quickly reminded that looks can be deceiving and not to judge a book by its cover. Inside, we found a beautiful, clean, and tropical atomosphere that was very charming and quite relaxing. The staff was friendly and very accomodating, including the hotel manager in the office, the bartenders, and the housekeeping staff.

Very unexpectedly, we needed to add two more nights to the end of our trip when our flight home was cancelled due to a tropical storm. We were offerred an excellent rate and were allowed to stay in the same room without a problem, even though it was already booked for other guests (who were moved to another room). The food at the Rum Shack in the Lazy Parrot was probably the best we had during our stay in Rincon, even compared to the other highly recommended restaurants we went to. The gardens were beautiful and it was very nice to stroll around the hotel at night and sit outside, especially since everything is lit up so beautifully when it gets dark. Just make sure you bring or buy ALOT of bug spray because I was eaten alive by mosquitos, but that goes with the territory when you visit the tropics.

It was off season when we were there so there were no activities or any entertainment at all at the hotel and the main restaurant and bar were closed. In the hotel's defense, the website did state that the restaurant and bar would be closed and didn't list any activities for the off season, but it would be nice if there was something going on, at least on the weekend, to cater to guests who visit during this season. During our extra two days, it rained all day because of the storm and there was absolutely nothing at all to do. When we visit Rincon again, we will probably go during high season because there wasn't anything to do other than the beach, but we would definitely stay at the Lazy Parrot again!! Just consider the time of year when booking your trip if you're looking for activities other than the beach.

Another thing to mention is that there are quite a few steps at this 3 level hotel, which wouldn't be a problem at all except that they are very, very, very, extremely slippery when they are wet.... And since people are always wet from the pool and the beach, the steps were always very slippery. I fell twice, once on the way up the steps in the front of the hotel and once on our way down to the Rum Shack from our room... and I still have the bruises to prove it. By the end of our trip, I was paranoid about walking up and down the steps without falling. But please don't let any of my comments stop you from staying at the Lazy Parrot Inn because it really is the loveliest hotel in Rincon. Just make sure your flip flops have good grips on the soles to avoid falling like I did.

Overall, we had a wonderful time on our trip and I highly recommend the Lazy Parrot Inn. My husband and I look forward to staying again during out next trip to Rincon.

Room Tip: Our room was clean and quaint. It was an economy room so our view was of a tall green fence. Consi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SunFL0WER_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Cabo Rojo
Parador El Faro
Parador El Faro
#2 of 3 in Aguadilla

Been to Lazy Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!