“Loved the house and the location”
other travelers have booked this property
Outdoor Dining Area Living Area
Outdoor Dining Area
Living Area
Living Area
Kitchen
Villa Sol Spacious Kitchen with Stove/Oven.
Cozy Little Porch For The Queen's Room
Queen Bed in Bedroom with Full Bath.
Queen Bed in Adjoining Bedroom.
Full Bed in Adjoining Bedroom with Dressing Area and Full Bathroom
Tropical Flowers
Breadfruit or Pana in Spanish
Manicured Garden
Side Garden Filled with Tropical Flowers.
Hibiscus
Steps Beach
Why it's called Steps Beach?
Snorkeling at Steps Beach
Snorkeling mask, fins, beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach toys provided
Los Almendros Beach
Walking Track 4 blocks from Villa Sol
Sports Complex FREE Gym
El Ultimo Brinco Waterfall in Rincon Known as The Last Jump.
Gozalandia Waterfall in San Sebastian.
Our Little Town of Rincon
Aerial View of San Juan.  Where had you rather be?  Rincon or San Juan?
Beautiful Sea Glass
Sea Glass Art
At the End of the Day.
Just Another Day in PARADISE!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
traveler5...
Wisconsin
“Loved the house and the location”
Reviewed April 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Lovely house in a local neighborhood - not just tourists. House was extremely clean. Well furnished. The host was attentive and helpful. She even helped us with a load of laundry and made us an "Easter bunny" made from a carved cantaloupe.

Great house for anyone but it's more set up for older children and adults. It's maintained very well and things could get scratched up if a 4 year old was let loose. Our kids were in the tween range and it worked great.

Fantastic for three couples or two couples with 2-3 kids.

The local beach is narrow and nice and clean. The first night it was very calm for anyone to swim in, but then a storm came in off shore and the waves got rather large and started covering the whole beach. We could still swim, but left our towels and other items at the house. We held on to our younger child since she was not a strong swimmer, but they loved the the higher waves.

We enjoyed the local flavor of well cared for dogs, cats, chickens in the streets. Local lunch place a block away and bakery 3-4 blocks away. We felt like we never needed to leave the neighborhood, though we did venture out into the surrounding area.

Liked best: The house is 2 blocks from a lovely beach
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Sarah V
Montague, Massachusetts
“Welcoming, lovely place to stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

We had such a nice time staying in Rincon in the Villa Sol apartment at Jean's house. Our group had myself and my husband, another couple, and another couple with a toddler. Each couple had their own private bathroom, because there are three, attached to the bedrooms, which was really nice.

Our host, Jean, helped out so much, from helping us find vegetarian friendly restaurants, to giving my arriving friends directions over the phone at night, to setting us up with daily beach towels. She also has a great collection of beach and snorkel gear that she shared, which made it really easy to take day trips with all the amenities :).

Most of the time we cooked at the house, and found the kitchen to have pretty much everything you need. One of the things we had the most fun with was finding local fruits and vegetables. There are a couple great stands with locally grown stuff about a 3-4 minute drive away on route 115. We ate local pineapples, little mini bananas called ninos, red bananas, medium yellow bananas, green plantains, ripe plantains, mandarin oranges, oranges, limon dulce (which are the size of lemons, but with pinkish insides and sweet not sour -very good!), caymito or star apple, grapefruit, chironja (a mild citrus that looks like a grapefruit but has no tang pretty much), coconuts, papaya, sugar cane, big avocados (which were coming from the DR this time of year), watermelon, guayabana (white sweet insides of a spiny green fruit), corazon (mushy sweet tangy fruit with a heart shape), and others whose names I don't remember. They have many interesting roots for sale too, some of which we tried and liked. If you come to the area in general and like fruit, you can have a lot of fun tasting different things at the road side stands!

Also don't miss the organic farmers market in Rincon. It happens on the first Saturday of the month, and I think also the third, but don't quote me on that. It opens at 8am (or did when we were there), and since a lot of the farms are small, I recommend going early to get good stuff - we got there later on, like 10, and people had sold out of heirloom tomatoes, and some fruits, but still had some awesome flat beans, arugula, papaya, chocolate grown and made into delicious bars at a farm 30 min away, and other stuff. Very nice farmers! We are farmers up in Massachusetts, so we love going to markets and visiting farms, and we met a farmer there that welcomed us to their place, so we got to visit a small organic vegetable farm during our stay!

Once she figured out we liked it, Jean also came up with fruit for us, from her star fruit tree that bears year-round, and vines growing across the street, and some neighbor that had little guavas or passion fruits or something :)

Things in the area not to miss: Watching surfers on a high surf advisory day, body riding waves at Sandy Beach by the Tamboo Bar, which has very tasty Pina Coladas, day trip down to the beach next to the Cabo Rojo lighthouse (so beautiful!), smoothies at Banana Dang in Rincon (try them dirty - with espresso shots - we went almost every day), breakfast at the English Rose in Rincon (be prepared to wait to sit), snorkeling at Steps Beach (sea turtles), the Mayaguez Plaza del Mercado (don't go before 8am on a weekday like we did, they open slowly even though we read somewhere on here to go at dawn, there's a guy with fresh juices there, Saturdays might be better), Camuy Caves (go early in AM to get in).

Thank you Jean for such a wonderful stay, and for all your help!

Traveling group: With Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Ohio

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Nc
Reviewed January 6, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
CrazeeChi...
Chicago. IL
“I left my heart at Villa Sol”
Reviewed December 18, 2011 for a stay in December 2011

and I know Jean and Harry will take good care of it until my return. I traveled with my husband, my mother, my late cousin's husband and my late cousin's best friend to Rincon and stayed with Jean & Harry. Jean & Harry made planning everything so easy. They answered all our questions, even the silly ones. They remove the trash daily, provide clean towels for the bath and for the BEACH! Lots of beach toys and chairs you can borrow. Plenty of books for reading. Coolers to take to the beach, snorkel equipment, an outside shower to rinse the sand off. A flashlight or 2, ice trays, sunscreen, alcohol, shampoo/conditioner, tastefully decorated. Plenty of space, and we had 5 adults with us. They really have thought of everything! The location is great. Just a short stroll down the street to a small beach, or a short drive down the other street to a bigger beach. And I do mean short stroll, I am lazy, I dont like to walk anywhere and this was really close!!! Their home is magnificent and very well kept. The A/C units keep the bedrooms cool at night for sleeping. I dont think my mother even used the A/C at all in her room as it was cool enough for her with the windows open and a ceiling fan. There are roosters and they are going to wake you, I actually found it comforting in a weird way. The people of Rincon are so friendly. We much enjoyed "living" with the locals. Jodi & Brian bought lobster from a guy at the beach. We watched the school kids dressed in uniform get on the bus each morning, while exchanging "hello's" with the joggers and bicycle riders as they passed by the villa. The sunsets are breathtaking and the food kiosks on the side of the road are so tasty!! It is so close to Aguadilla airport and the drive is fairly simple. If you have never been to P.R. before, you are in for a treat when it comes to getting around. I suggest a GPS or the google map on my iphone worked GREAT! You are going to want to venture away to do some things. Jean & Harry have plenty of suggestions for food and things to do and directions to get you there. I stopped people driving by and asked directions, stopped at someones house who was outside working and asked for directions, everyone was so nice, even if they didnt speak english very well, they still tried their hardest and they got me where I was going! Feel free to message me if you have any questions at all. I am happy to share!!!

Liked least: Leaving!!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing