“Great Trip For Surfers and Nonsurfers Alike”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Surf 787 Guest Villa
Ranked #1 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I went on a 5 day vacation with my girlfriend to Rincon, PR this Novemember. Rincon itself is a fantastic place which offers beautiful surroundings, warm, clean water, very friendly people and a relaxed environment full of character that most resort destinations lack. Rincon offers relaxation in the sun or adventure and activity, so there is something for everyone.

We couldn't have picked a better place to stay than with Roger at 787. Roger couldn't be nicer and was always available to answer questions, lend advice/suggestions about activities (he's a great surf guide) or tend to any household needs. The rooms are really clean and comfortable and have a great view. The hammock on the porch was a favorite. Roger also makes a mean cup of coffee in the mornings.

Both my girlfriend (not a surfer) and I (a surfer) had an amazing time that wouldn't have been the same without staying at 787 surf. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Recently stayed here with my bf for a 4 day trip of surfing and relaxing. The house itself is spacious with beautiful views of the lush hills and water, and Roger (the owner) keeps the rooms immaculate and is extremely personable and accommodating. He served us great coffee and a delicious breakfast every day, scheduled our surfing lessons and told us all be best places to go and things to do. By far one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been on many surf trips all over the world and none have even come close to my trip to Surf 787! This was without a doubt the best surf trip I have ever been on. However I also want to point out that even if you don't surf or have some people who surf and others who don't, Surf 787 is a great place to stay. The privacy of the pool area and the serenity of the grounds make it a perfect place to relax in the sun. The local area also provides ample activities that don't require a surf board! However if you have ever wanted to give surfing a go then this is the perfect opportunity! Guaranteed Roger and his guys will get you ripping!

The villa was absolute luxury and worth every penny. Every room is immaculate, spacious and very comfortable. The villa is set on a hill providing breathtaking views and incredible sunsets. There is a balcony where you can relax and eat and also several hammocks. There is a large games room with pool tables and a chill out area. The pool and garden are beautiful and feel like your own private paradise. All of this makes for a relaxing, serene atmosphere- a true home away from home.

The food is superb! The breakfasts set you up for an active day and are healthy and nutritious. All the breads and pastries are home baked at the villa. Everything that passes your lips here is fresh and delicious. There is also cold filtered water and free tea and coffee 24/7.

The surf is epic in Rincon! There really are waves for every level, from beginner to expert! When I was there some breaks were double overhead and others were suitable for beginners. For those of you who don't know much about surfing- this is pretty awesome. It is hard to find a surfing destination that offers so much variety and so many breaks all within half an hour from the villa. We were able to surf every day at different breaks and scored some of the best waves of my life! All of this is only made possible by the incredible knowledge possessed by the owner Roger and his instructors. They would set off in the morning to scope out the breaks and ensure that the clients will be surfing the very best waves for their ability. They are most definitely the best surf school and surf guides in Rincon. Roger ensures that his instructors have all the required safety and life saving certifications that many of the other schools overlook in Puerto Rico. We also had the pleasure of having a lesson with one of the instructors called Nego who was amazing! We had so much fun with him and felt very secure in the water due to his great instructing!

The town of Rincon is lovely! It is a cool beach town with everything you need! There are some excellent restaurants and some really cool beach bars where you can drink rum out of coconuts and watch the sun go down! If you are after something more lively there are some fun bars where the parties go off and due to the relatively small size of Rincon you get to know the other tourists and locals pretty fast. The local people are very friendly and helpful, especially when you tell them you are staying with Roger, who everyone seems to love! We totally understand why!Roger has great knowledge about the local area, restaurants and bars. He provided us with many good recommendations.

Everything about this trip was phenomenal. However it was definitely the people who made it for us. Roger was a fantastic host. In contrast to most owners, Roger actually cares about his clients and whether they are enjoying themselves. He goes out his way to make sure that you are having the best time possible! He helped us out a lot too. He found aloe in his garden when I got really burned and helped me get the sea urchin out my foot!It is the small things like this that go beyond the norm and made us feel that Roger and Nego are now our friends!

We will most definitely be back. The villa is also in the middle of getting a yoga studio installed which will look out over the whole of Rincon. I can't wait to see it. I returned from this vacation feeling revived and absolutely frothing over the waves I caught.
Absolutely recommend this to everyone! Go see how awesome it is for yourself! Surf 787 rocks!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at Surf 787 in the first week of November 2011. Kind of a slow time in the area, but the relaxed vibe was just what the doctor ordered. Between the beach, bars, Quicksilver Surf Contest, BMX Contest and Halloween Parties there was plenty to do over the four night stay.

First off, Lisa and Roger are great. They really make you feel at home. Starting the day with Lisa's tasty breakfast was a neccessity for a morning out learning to surf with Roger. I am a first time surfer and felt very comfortable with Roger and Nego's instruction. We went out surfing three days, one in town and two out of town. Roger knows all the spots for waves of students of all levels.

The b&b is great. The View and Sunset is terrific (although the beach is always good for that too). The Oceanic Room was super clean and plenty big enough with a large bathroom, lots of closet space and patio access. The patio was a great spot to decompress in the hammock after a day on the beach, as well as a perfect spot for breakfast. The area is really quiet and serene, unlike some b&b's in Rincon that cater to a younger party crowd. Close enough to everything, including night life to enjoy the party but far enough away to enjoy a restful night's sleep.

I was travelling solo and the vibe and accomodations were perfect for me. I could see coming here as a couple or with a family. There is plenty of space, a great pool, yoga space and game room. Roger and Lisa made me feel very welcome and were a great source of places to eat, drink and see in and around rincon. I can't wait to go back, although I will definitely work on my core and balance before I attempt to ride the waves.

Thanks again Roger and Lisa. I hope that Bella the doggie is recovering nicely from her accident.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I truly enjoyed my time at this inn. Lisa was a great host, and made a very tasty breakfast each day that I thoroughly enjoyed. The views from the place are breath taking, What an adventure is to be found here! Lisa made some great suggestions of outdoor activities and I had a blast. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 0415sammy
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I spent a week in Rincon with my girlfriend, primarily for surfing. I have a few years experience surfing and my girlfriend had about a year of experience, however we both realize that we're still beginners and have a lot to learn. We hired Roger, from Surf 787 (www.surf787.com) and he was the best instructor I've ever had.

I've had a few instructors in the past, both professional and just friendly people helping me out. But Roger was the best teacher I've had. He knows how to explain technique, positioning, and waves. A lot of people are great surfers, but few people know how to truly teach surfing. Roger is both a great surfer and a great teacher.

Over the course of the week, we also worked with two of his other instructors, Nego and Robert. They were both equally skilled and great teachers as well. Roger works with very qualified instructors, so regardless of who we worked with, we were learning.

If you're interested in learning to surf, I highly recommend Surf 787. You'll learn a lot and have fun doing it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Everything happens for a reason!! While searching for a villa in Rincon, Puerto Rico I happen to "accidently" find Surf787. Our stay here was marvelous! The view is spectacular! The villa is wonderful for friends and family with lots of room and great for small children.

This is an accident I will do again and again!! Lisa is wonderful and fills the air with positive energy as does the wonderful "Villa". Awesome place to "Relax, Stay, Love, and Laugh"!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are "awesome"!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family