“A Relaxing Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf 787 Guest Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rincon
Surf 787 Guest Villa
Ranked #1 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Rincon
Philadelphia
“A Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at Surf 787 in the first week of November 2011. Kind of a slow time in the area, but the relaxed vibe was just what the doctor ordered. Between the beach, bars, Quicksilver Surf Contest, BMX Contest and Halloween Parties there was plenty to do over the four night stay.

First off, Lisa and Roger are great. They really make you feel at home. Starting the day with Lisa's tasty breakfast was a neccessity for a morning out learning to surf with Roger. I am a first time surfer and felt very comfortable with Roger and Nego's instruction. We went out surfing three days, one in town and two out of town. Roger knows all the spots for waves of students of all levels.

The b&b is great. The View and Sunset is terrific (although the beach is always good for that too). The Oceanic Room was super clean and plenty big enough with a large bathroom, lots of closet space and patio access. The patio was a great spot to decompress in the hammock after a day on the beach, as well as a perfect spot for breakfast. The area is really quiet and serene, unlike some b&b's in Rincon that cater to a younger party crowd. Close enough to everything, including night life to enjoy the party but far enough away to enjoy a restful night's sleep.

I was travelling solo and the vibe and accomodations were perfect for me. I could see coming here as a couple or with a family. There is plenty of space, a great pool, yoga space and game room. Roger and Lisa made me feel very welcome and were a great source of places to eat, drink and see in and around rincon. I can't wait to go back, although I will definitely work on my core and balance before I attempt to ride the waves.

Thanks again Roger and Lisa. I hope that Bella the doggie is recovering nicely from her accident.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Holtsville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

I truly enjoyed my time at this inn. Lisa was a great host, and made a very tasty breakfast each day that I thoroughly enjoyed. The views from the place are breath taking, What an adventure is to be found here! Lisa made some great suggestions of outdoor activities and I had a blast. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 0415sammy
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I spent a week in Rincon with my girlfriend, primarily for surfing. I have a few years experience surfing and my girlfriend had about a year of experience, however we both realize that we're still beginners and have a lot to learn. We hired Roger, from Surf 787 (www.surf787.com) and he was the best instructor I've ever had.

I've had a few instructors in the past, both professional and just friendly people helping me out. But Roger was the best teacher I've had. He knows how to explain technique, positioning, and waves. A lot of people are great surfers, but few people know how to truly teach surfing. Roger is both a great surfer and a great teacher.

Over the course of the week, we also worked with two of his other instructors, Nego and Robert. They were both equally skilled and great teachers as well. Roger works with very qualified instructors, so regardless of who we worked with, we were learning.

If you're interested in learning to surf, I highly recommend Surf 787. You'll learn a lot and have fun doing it!

Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

Everything happens for a reason!! While searching for a villa in Rincon, Puerto Rico I happen to "accidently" find Surf787. Our stay here was marvelous! The view is spectacular! The villa is wonderful for friends and family with lots of room and great for small children.

This is an accident I will do again and again!! Lisa is wonderful and fills the air with positive energy as does the wonderful "Villa". Awesome place to "Relax, Stay, Love, and Laugh"!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are "awesome"!!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

We did not stay at the villa (though after visiting its secluded and picturesque location, we are definitely interested in staying there on our next visit to Rincon) but were fortunate enough to have Roger and his instructors guide us through some valuable and individualized surf instruction in the consistent, though small swells, during our week long stay in Rincon. Roger was laid back but extremely knowledgeable and genuinely interested in teaching us to the best of skill level. He checked surf every morning and was prompt at meeting us with boards at the beach every morning. In addition, his other instructors were just as interested in being helpful and teaching us. Meeting Roger and his crew absolutely added to our surfing experience in Rincon, and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to improve their surfing skill with a great selection of boards and a welcoming surf instructing crew.

Park City, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Wow. This place is economical and right in surf central. My girlfriend and I stayed in this huge PR home and we loved every minute of our stay. I was nursing a really bad New York hangover and Roger and Lisa really took care of me. They are cool in every way and can advise you about everything related to Rincon. Lisa makes you an incredible breakfast every morning and leaves it right in front of your room. I'm an intermediate surfer and Roger just let me go into his garage and pick a perfect board to rent. This is a beautiful, easy and efficient place to base you Puerto Rican explorations. Just make sure you rent a car at the airport in Aguadilla! Public transportation sucks in PR. BTW, Rincon is the only cool CITY on the west coast of PR so make sure you spend at least 4 days with Roger and Lisa!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

We had a great stay, our hosts, Lisa and Roger, were nice and gave us some great advise on what to do and where to go out/eat. Lisa makes the best breakfast, which alone is worth staying there! Roger gives surfing lessons and also rents boards. The house itself is beautiful, ít´s very clean, there´s a pool, and you have an amazing view, especially of the sunsets. Absoluetly worth staying there!

• 4 of 5 bubbles