“Great local food”

Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Had the "mariscada" (seafood stew) and "mamposteao" rice (rice, beans, onions and bacon). They were both excellent. My wife had the "pescado del dia" (catch of the day) with rice and beans, which was very good as well. Very nice place to enjoy local Puerto Rican food.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great outdoor setup and bar. Angel is a great bartender. $10 buckets of Medalla. They are frosty cold. Seafood Monfongo was great

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had the lobster mofongo which ended up being one of the best meals of my life. That aside, the service was terrific. The atmosphere very nice. And I was extremely surprised when my bill came - on the positive note.

I'd suggest getting there a little bit earlier, as the outdoor seating was somewhat undone by a dark evening sky.

1  Thank BTeaches2Travel
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited Red Flamboyan on our first night in the Rincon area after over a week at other Puerto Rico locations. We were pleasantly surprised to find the best food we've had on the island, each of us getting delicious dishes. I had Skirt Steak Roulad stuffed with Sweet Plantain, Chorizo, and Mozzarella Cheese, which may have been the best steak dish I've had in years, including some really wonderful steak houses. My companions were equally pleased with their choices.

Despite being again in tourist territory, the prices were outstanding as well. Atmosphere was typical of the outdoor restaurants here in the Rincon area, pleasant but simple. Service was excellent.

1  Thank BlueSkies500
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Sit at the bar every time i been there had a great time with Angel and the food was excelent. no complain what so ever. had dinner there 8 times in 2 weeks..