“Absolutely delicious taste of Rincón!”

Red Flamboyan Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Rincon
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Absolutely delicious taste of Rincón!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

It is a great place to go for local Puerto Rican fare. The food was fantastic, the service was very kind(and spoke good English) and there was a wonderful laid back, open air atmosphere. I recommend going with family, or whomever you want to share such a delicious and tasty meal with! Everything was so flavorful and wonderful!

2 Thank noahk67
Juan G, Manager at Red Flamboyan Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thanks you for your visit. We are glad that you love our food. See you soon.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Mofongo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Get yourself into the Red Flamboyan and try the mixed mofongo (with sweet plantain, regular plaintain and yucca) with shrimp. What a treat. Do not let the roadside/casual looking deck and parking lot scare you away. Totally worth the stop off. Filling, tasty and some of the best mofongo I have had.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Brian D
We are glad to know that you like our food. See you soon.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good "criolla" food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant and the ones we had on our list to go were closed because of the low season. So we decided to try this one, which I would not have visited because it is not seen from the road. What you see is the sign and a parking lot. Needless to say, we went three times in the same weekend. Yes, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We went for dinner and for lunch. Delicious food and good service. They made us feel at home. Will visit again and recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank risd
“Untasty and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good appetizers but my main dish, The Flamboyan Trio was cold, the chicken and shrimps tasted like fridge and the nasty sauce was terrible. My wife's Kan Kan Chops was ok but the mampostiao doesnt taste like real mampostiao, it was an unflavored rice with beans. We asked for nutella cheese cake and they bring us a supermarket piece of ice cold cheap cake, nasty. Oh my God, this maybe good for tourists who doesnt know what a real PR food taste like, but it was terrible, I paid 100 dollars for food that I didn't even eat. I don't care about money when I enjoy food, but I will never come back here. Service was good.

• Visited October 2013
Juan G, Owner at Red Flamboyan Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are happy to see you back and that you love our food. The are doing our best to give the best food and the best service. We also recived you letter. Thank you and see you soon
Dallas
“I flew thousands of miles to get back here ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Back to Rincon means back to Red Flamboyan. It was a humid evening and to keep the mosquitos away, I sat under the fan at the bar. Enjoyed a couple of Medallias while waiting for the Enrollado de Churrasco Relleno. Mmmmmh! Mofongo .... Mmmmmh!
I guess my enthusiasm over the fine meal made me forget to pick-up my credit card. But - bar tender Angel and owner Juan were so kind to mail the card back to me on the mainland. Great guys. Thank you.

• Visited September 2013