“Well worth the drive up the mountain.”

The English Rose / La Rosa Inglesa
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Well worth the drive up the mountain.”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

When you are looking for this incredible breakfast place you will get to it from 413 and take the road directly across the street from the sign for Steps Beach. It is quite the drive up the mountain but it is worth every inch. When you pull up to the English Rose you will first notice the gorgeous views sprawled out in front of you and then the smells of breakfast. They have fresh fruit which is a little over priced seeing as there are lots of fruit stands all over with the good stuff. That is the only remotely negative thing I can review on this place. The breakfast plates are exquisitely put together for well balanced meals. The Dead Elvis is AMAZING, as well as the English Breakfast. I don't know what's in the homemade sausage but it's aces. The bread is homemade as well and you can tell. Everything my wife and I had was just as we'd ordered and bursting with flavor. If you are staying in Rincon you MUST eat here and I dare you to only go once.

Visited November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Great view of Rincon, better Breakfast/Brunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Food is awesome and all homemade. You have to try the Passion Fruit Ice Tea. Delicious! I had a sausage, egg and veggie scramble that was YUM! My son had french toast that I finished even though I was already full. Not sure what everyone else had but we all left happy. Worth the 30-60 minute wait on Sunday Brunch.

• Visited April 2013
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“AMAZING view and incredible breakfast!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place is the best! The drive up is thrilling but once your there you can relax! The homemade ice tea is to die for and the everything else just perfect! Couldnt ask for a better place to eat breakfast in Puerto Rico! Do yourself a favor and just go. You wont regret it !

• Visited April 2013
“yumm... yumm....”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The best breakfast and view in the area of rincon. The "full monty" is my favorite and the eggs benedicts, homemade sausage, "parcha icetea" its a most!! I recomend to get there early, it gets very busy in high season but its worth the wait!!

• Visited May 2013
“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hands down, this is the best breakfast experience we've ever had. They have home made bread and home made sausage, and they both taste delicious! They use fresh ingredients, and you can tell by the clean flavor. Coffee is great. Lemonade and passion fruit tea with mint are an absolute must-try. I had the omelet with toast, and enjoyed every bite. My boyfriend had eggs with sausage and bacon, and was delighted. Also tried the french toast with caramelized bananas... I am not fond of sweets, but this dish has to be mentioned!

They will be closed from September 02, 2013 and will reopen in October 30, 2013.

Overall, it was a great experience, except for one thing. We called on the way there, and the hostess told us that we didn't need a reservation at the moment, because we were only 2 people and there were tables available. When we parked our car 10 minutes later, there was a tall guy (one of the employees, a local by the accent when he spoke to us in Spanish) and a waitress, standing outside, and both signed us that it was closed/full. We disregarded that, and still got out of the car. When we did, he was very rude and told us it was full, and that we could not go in. We told him that we had called 10 minutes earlier. Then he asked if we had a reservation. We said that the hostess told us on the phone that we did not need one. Then he said "good luck", like it would be impossible for us to sit for breakfast. It was such a negative vibe! As soon as we walked in, the hostess (very sweet by the way), welcomed us and seated us immediately! The experience afterwards was worth the nasty employee, but it should be mentioned because people like this harm the image and vibe of the businesses they work for and which do not belong to them. This is the reason why I rate poorly the service. Other than him, place is excellent.

• Visited September 2013