“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Rincon
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Headed to this restaurant after reading about it in the Moon Travel guide to PR. Drove from Isabela on a Thursday morning, this place is not easy to find, so go prepared with directions and a sense of adventure! A GPS with coordinates is a really good idea. At the base of the mountain road there is a small sign, but other than that, just keep going and you will run into it... it is obvious, you can't miss it. the roads are steep and treacherous driving, take your time and honk if you can't see around a corner. Once we made it there, the place was packed... literally hanging out the door. We got seated within a half hour and the food was fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!! I had the scrambled eggs, hubby w/ the breakfast burrito, kids both had a small pancake with side of scrambled eggs and one piece of bacon. We eat out quite a bit, I have never seen the perfect kids portion before, this place managed it! They both cleaned their plate by themselves, seriously as good as eaters as they are, they never do this! Place is spotless and w/ a really easy going vibe. they had a crayon/coloring box for kids and all were very friendly. It is a bit pricey, but based on quality of the food it is worth every penny. If you have ever had breakfast at North Star in Columbus, OH... they are on par w/ the quality of food that is served there. They do add on tip, I did not know this so we paid a bit more than necessary :) Great visit!

There are newer reviews for The English Rose / La Rosa Inglesa

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Yes it definitely was as good as all the reviews. I had fresh squeezed lemonade, an English muffin to slather the homemade marmalades (said in an accent) on and a turkey hash. Now let me tell you about this hash. First of all the turkey was real pulled roast turkey not diced cold cuts. It has sweet potato, rosemary and pancetta in it. The serving was HUGE! And most of all so delicious. So worth the drive and the drive was terrifying.....truly terrifying. It was hard to find the turn off....it's directly across from the Steps Quick lunch sign. Be careful! Did I mention it was so worth it

Reviewed March 5, 2013

probably the best meal of our trip to Rincon! I had the eggs benedict with spinach instead of canadian bacon, and it was fabulous! The hollandaise sauce was wonderful! They make their bread on sight and toasted was very tasty. We added home fries/potatoes to our order and they were perhaps the best I've had. I don't know what they fried them in, but they were extraordinary! We were with our two year old, and he gobbled up his order of pancakes without hesitation. The staff was friendly, attentive, and not over solicitous. The road up to the B&B can be surprising as you are driving it, but stay with it and be comfortable to know, IT IS WIDE ENOUGH FOR TWO CARS.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had to wait for 20 minutes or so, but it was without a doubt well worth the wait. We sat on the porch and we could see all up and down the coast of Rincon, because the English Rose is up on top of a ridiculously steep mountain. I had the eggs benny and my boyfriend had the Dead Elvis (cinnamon french toast with caramelized bananas) I think they are closed on Mondays and they are only open for breakfast until 12 or so, so make sure you go early! The place is owned and operated by a couple. The husband is an excellent chef and the wife, who works the front of the house, was very personable and made sure that our dining experience was perfect. I was going to post pictures, but mine look just like the pics on their website: http://www.rinconpuertoricobedandbreakfast.com/restaurant/

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent place to have breakfast. The view is great, especially if you can get an outside table. Food was great and offers both English and American plates. Coffee was sub-par by my standards and a little weak. Beware that the road up to the place is 1 1/2 lanes and it doesn't seem like the kind of road you would expect.