“nothing special”
Review of The Shed Cafe

The Shed Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Seaford
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Well I did read the reviews before deciding on this Seaford Shed.
The highlight was the coffee everything was down hill after that. They were not overly busy and the service was sadly lacking. The menu was boring and tasted even more boring with over cooked eggs.. Very hard to stuff up eggs..
I will not be back...

3  Thank Pam P

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Definitely the best place in Seaford. You'll always get service with a smile, it's tidy and food + coffee is great.

For those of us who can't (or won't) drink milk, they have Milk Lab and Bonsoy :-)

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I dont particularly like writing negative reviews but as they say, "if the bread is mouldy, you should tell someone."

I was on a big bender, hence why I was in that area. An I thought I'd tuck into some hearty brekkie the next morning to relift my spirits. Upon locating a carpark and deciding to choose the shed as my plan of attack, everything seemed fine.
I walked over and noticed 4 people dinning outside and then a larger group of maybe 6 dinning inside. It was by no means busy. The group inside had already eaten and were just having coffees kicking back, chewing the fat.
I thought this'll be good, ill get in and out and get back to the house in no time.

I went to the counter and was aclnowledged with a smile by a young lady who seemed to be undergoing some training on her first day. I then looked at who seemed to be the manager/owner and he was just staring at me with a blank expression.
I said "How you going?."
His reply along with that blank expression was: "What can I get you?"
I stood for a second and felt like I had interrupted something...
I then asked for eggs benny but requested to not have the cider apple sauce included. The guy looked up from his pad and made a condescending remark about how I cant get the eggs benny without the sauce because its made in the sauce.
Then a young male waiter who obviously sensed the confusion chimed in with "If you're worried about it tasting like alcohol dont stress, its nothing like that."
I then tried to laugh off the awkwardness by saying "Oh great, because I had a lot of sommerby ciders last night and was worried it would make me feel a lil off."

The owner/manager hadnt even blinked nor moved a muscle. Still looking at me with a dead pan expression as if he was still annoyed I was ordering food and interrupting him. This notion became quite clear once I had finally ordered my eggs benny, orange juice and coffee.
I sat down outside facing the cafe as the sun was cranking down infront of me. I then waited for 35 minutes for my basic eggs benedict. During this drastically long wait time, I observed the manager/owner trying to train the young lass. Although it was more like he was just acting like a show off and trying be to be the "The Big Boss" lol just obviously on an Ego trip.

So much so, I was in plain view of him sitting outside in the heat and he hadnt even noticed/cared that i had been sitting for 25 minutes foodless. People who sat down after me outside recieved their food before i did. If it wasnt for that exceptional gentleman waiter who came over at the 28 minute mark (yes I was timing it.) An asked if I had ordered that eggs benny earlier. I said yes in reply and he then said theres been a mix up and my docket wasnt placed for the chef. So then 7 minutes later I had a very simple eggs benny infront of me i almost didn't even wanna eat.
But I had too because I was recovering from the sesh..and we all know how that is!
I was dissapointed that the person in charge was the one who needed training. In both social dynamics and business management. I dont usually nag on like such a suasage Nigel. Usually I'm pretty easy going but this man was smug and he deserves to hear about it. Sit in the naughty corner and think about what he has done. Treat his customers better in the future. That is all....

5  Thank silverbung
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Came in to this cafe today and staff was lovely and very friendly. Decided to have a coffee and cake with a friend. Treats were beautiful, fresh and tasty! Coffee was spot on. Prices were great! Would love to go back in for brunch soon

Reviewed August 19, 2017

The first few times I tried the Shed, I was a bit underwhelmed, but with a new chef they've lifted their game. Although it's very small. not too many tables in the main room, there's a few more out the back, and alfresco on the footpath, the coffee and the food is very good. Service is friendly and efficient. I had the soup of the day at one visit, and on the next visit, the Shed's big brekkie, and for a person who doesn't like Baked beans very much, theirs is so delicious, I'd have them by themselves,

1  Thank jkjohnson3198