“Friendly staff, great xc skiing and snowshoeing trails and beautiful views of Georgian Bay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highlands Nordic

Highlands Nordic
Port Dover, Canada
224 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I organized a snowshoeing and cross-country skiing at a resort in Barrie but it turned out the place was closed to public due to races scheduled the same day. I had to scramble to look for another venue and found Highlands Nordic.

I spoke with the Manager by phone and he was so warm and courteous and accommodating. He reserved a room for us and gave us a group rate (even when I said I was not collecting from my club members, which is when group rates apply), so that was really cool.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Snowshoe trails were beautiful .. .tons of snow. Narnia Trail was a winter wonderland delight! So serene and peaceful. Cedar trees all blanketed with snow as we snowshoed our way through the woods. Highlands Nordic is the highest point of the Escarpment and we caught a glimpse of Georgian Bay.

The lunch they serve was better than most ski resorts I've been and the rates were reasonable, not overpriced just like other resorts.

Yes, I will be going back to Highlands Nordic, for sure, with my club.

Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Location - Terrible Hospitality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Went here with my family of 7 and found that the tobogganing facilities were great. The hospitality of the staff behind the food counter was terrible at its best. They only ended up serving us when the line up behind was 8 people deep. As well, the locals at the chalet weren't very welcoming at all. One really has to wonder if these folks realize that tourism is the driver of the economy for this area.

I'm not sure if these people just don't like visitors/tourists or if it was some other type of prejudice that these ignorant people have.

I would not recommend this location to anyone unless you are one of the locals or look like one of the locals.

Visited February 2011
Florida
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Tobogganing - great family fun no matter what age.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

For a mere $3 you can go up and down a hill the whole day. Bring your toboggan or if you're lucky they have a few laying around for free.. We didn't cross country ski but the employees were wonderful and answered al of our questions. They rent skis and have a store with all the equipment. The teenagers were having as much fun as the little ones and the adults. It was great fun for everybody. Highly recommend as a fun and inexpensive afternoon.

7 Thank Ramblingwelove