“Great Experience At PBG Fishing Club”

Panama Big Game Fishing Club
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My 4 friends and I recently returned from our first trip to Panama, and our stay at the Panama Big Game Fishing Club. Capt. Lee had made arrangements for our transfers to the club upon arrival at the airport in Panama City; and from the moment we exited the plane and met the club's representative, everything went as smooth as could be. The quality of the club exceeded our expectations! The accommodations, food, and service were outstanding....as were the captains and crew. Special thanks to Victor (great rum and coke) and Steve (I'm missing that 5:00am wake up coffee outside the door) for jobs well done. We spent 4 days on the water and had a blast catching Sailfish, Tuna & Snapper with the highlight being a 300# Black Marlin and 250# Yellowfin Tuna (I can cross that off my bucket list). We also happened to be there for Super Bowl weekend; and Capt. Lee put out an outstanding spread. In addition to the wonderful meals prepared by Capt. Lee each evening, he makes a great pizza. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Panama and another great stay at PBGFC. Thanks Capt. Lee and staff for a wonderful experience. Bernie

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bernie p

Reviewed February 19, 2012

My 4 friends and I just completed our 3rd trip to PBGFC. This year included outstanding new upgrades like a pool, jacuzzi and freshly renovated villas along with better boats. We thought it was just fine before, but now it is even better. Can't beat the cooking from Capt'n Lee and the fishing as always was good. Our group brought in 3 Marlin, 5 sails, 2 tuna over 250lbs. and various others such as cubera snapper, jack , rooster fish and dorado in 4 days. Only downside is long trip to the fishing grounds although even that has improved to about 1 1/2 hours with bigger engines on their fleet. Highly recommended

2  Thank SteveD43
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Panama Big Game Club is Awesome and it's not even done yet. The food, accomodations and staff are first class and the fishing area is world class. Went with a group of 7 other friends and between 3 boats we caught 2 black marlin, 1 blue marlin and 6 sailfish as well as some dorado,huge snappers, tuna and jacks. We hooked up on over a dozen more billfish and lost them pulling hooks etc. I personally caught a 500Ib plus Black Marlin to add to a 350 lb blue marlin I caught in Cabo, hence the "Black and Blue", and I couldn't be happier. My hat is off to the new owner Mark C. for his commitment to make this a must go to destination. It is already world class and I know his goal is to be number 1 and I don't doubt at all he will get there. Can't wait to go back to see what"s been added since we were there in January.

Room Tip: There's no such thing as a bad room there. They are all like a 5 star hotel.
2  Thank Paul P
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I just completed my 5th trip to Big Game Panama fishing lodge. I bring with me business associates and friends each time, usually a group of 6. Everyone always have the same comments; Fishing is fantastic, and the food is better! Capt. Lee is very good with everyone and goes completely out of his way to make everyone comfortable. The crews are great as always, and now they have updated the boats which is nice.
Remodeling the cabins is good, and the swimming pool are very nice. I love this club and hope it doesn't grow too much to ruin the special thing they have.
Gary Luebs

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary L
mcharman, Owner at Panama Big Game Fishing Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Hi Gary

Thanks for the review, and thanks for being such a loyal guest.

I love the club as well, which is why i bought it last May, rest assured that I have no intentions of making it into a huge resort, we may add a few more guest cabins, which will be even more luxurious, but we will never go larger than 12 Cabinas, as we want to preserve the jungle feel and love being surrounded by the Howler Monkeys and all of the wildlife , we have also been asked by many guests to provide a small Spa so that the guys can get a massage after a hard day fighting the Monsterfish we have in our waters, and the ladies love a Spa as well,so that is something that is being planned.

Finally we will be adding a new luxury water taxi, two new sportfishers either Bertram 31 or 33 plus a 36ft Cenre Console for inshore. We have just recieved another $50,000 of state of the art fishing tackle, and I am doing a complete safety review of all of our boats safety equipment,starting with installing e-perb's on all boats.

If you have ny suggestions, or anything you would like me to add, I will do my best to allocate the budget to do it.

Thanks again for taking the time to write the review.

We look forward to inviting you back to your club on your next visit.

Tight lines

Mr C

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Cindy and I I spent xmas 2011 at the Panama Big Game Fishing Lodge on the Pacific coast of Panama. From our arrival at Panama City airport to our departure we we looked after in great style by the PBGFL staff and agents. The newly finshed revovations to the property by new owner "Mr.C." puts PBGFL in a class of its own. A stunning location with views of the channel and distant volcanoes from the infinity pool and jaccuzi that are world class. Elegant and well appointed villas with big screen TV and internet access, coupled with great food and service in the clubhouse. The well equipped fishing boats are excellent and comfortable (the bean bags are a great idea) and the fishing crews experienced and friendly and the fishing was, well stupendous! Black and Blue Marlin were caught when we were there and we caught and released 130lb sailfish, 75lb rooster fish, 70lb+ cubera snapper and multiple dorado and other good eating fish prepared with great expertise by Capt. Lee. Thanks for all at PBGFL for making our christmas so memorable - we will be back. Jeff and Cindy.

Room Tip: Any one is good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H
mcharman, Owner at Panama Big Game Fishing Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Hi Geoff and Cindy, thank you so much for your kind words,and your company over XMAS, 2011 with me and my family, It was so special for us have real old and dear friends with us, on our first Xmas owning the club, you should have stayed the extra day I offered you as 5 Big Marlin were caught, and they had your name on them. Still they were released to get even bigger and are waiting for you to catch them upon your return.

The catches of Huge Sails, Cubera and Roosterfish between you and Cindy were so impressive that we are using your photos,in our latest marketing campaign (so you will be famous fisher people before to long), and Cindy's three Massive Roosterfish have earn't her a place on our Hall of Fame Wall, with the title Cindy, "Queen of the Roosterfish", really three fish of a lifetime, all caught within a few days. OUTSTANDING Guys.

Sarah also says thanks for being such a great SANTA, she got all of the presents she asked for. Lets Do it again, Next XMAS, the dinner was just out of this world, and with your company, it does not get much better. Thanks again, until next time. Mr C

Reviewed February 16, 2012

our trip to panama big game club was a tremendous success. we caught a mixed bag of fish. mahi mahi ;yellow fin tuna; mullet snapper ;cubera snapper 70# and my first sailfish.Wow !!! My wife carol caught the cubera snapper ,70 lbs. a true trophy. but for me ,the 125 lb. sailfish was a dream come true. carol and steve zientara., this is a truly first class operation .also special thanks to capt. lee campbell for meeting my wifes special needs. we will be back. to catch the 600 lb blue marlin that managed to escape . the cabanas are spotless and the food is the bomb!

Room Tip: we had cabana #4
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stephen z
mcharman, Owner at Panama Big Game Fishing Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Hi Guys, thank you so much for taking the time to send a review, we look forward to welcoming you back next year, where you will see even more upgrades and new boats joining our fleet.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just returned from a fishing trip at Panama Big Game Fishing Club. While extensive renovations are still in progress, this place is already first class and promises to get even better with ongoing upgrades in progress. The food & accommodations were both outstanding. Boats and equipment are being upgraded and the new owner seems totally committed to excellence.

2  Thank ThomasHunt0294
mcharman, Owner at Panama Big Game Fishing Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Hi Tom, thank you so much for fishing with us and taking the time out os your busy schedule to write a review on us. We are installing the new generators this week, so occasional power outages will be a thing of the past before very much longer, then we look forward to the arrival of our second new Sportsfisher with twin Diesals to the fleet.

I will keep you up to date with all of the uprades being implemented at the club via e-mail and the club's newsletter.

Thanks Once again for fishing with us.

Tight Lines

#1 of 3 in Isla Boca Brava
Howlers Bay Hotel
Howlers Bay Hotel
#3 of 3 in Isla Boca Brava

Been to Panama Big Game Fishing Club? Share your experiences!