“Disapointed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 16, 2016

I returned for the second time since this restaurant to give it another chance. I'm sorry to say that things have improved little. This used to be a gem of a Chinese restaurant and I ate there at least twice a week. However I decided to have a take away being tired and not bothered to cook my self. The special fried rice was reasonably well done but a little in the greasy side and this I think is one of the problems. I also had the BBQ pork and the sauce had split with the oil clearly visible and overly sweet which seems a theme in the meal. The crispy duck was nice but the sauce again overly sweet. Could I recommend this place? Unfortunately not, the big problem is there is very little in the way of alternatives.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Had a takeaway from Empress Garden a week or two ok. Food was OK although the BBQ sauce wasn't good.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

At first we were a little confused about the set menu (£21.50 at the weekend) but our very cheerful waitress explained that we could choose as many items as we wanted! The choice of dishes was excellent and the food really delicious. If you don't feel you can face such a banquet, you can opt for a la carte. We shall definitely return soon.

1  Thank SurreyHenny
Reviewed April 8, 2016

We ate there Wed evening having not been there for several years. Food was excellent and piping hot. Staff attentive, used set price menu with plenty of choice and quick service.

Reviewed April 3, 2016

Having read some of the reviews we were a little apprehensive of eating here again. We decided to give it a try and were very pleased that we did. When we entered the Restaurant last Friday evening there were a lot of people already there which we thought was a good sign. We ordered from the all you can eat menu. There were four of us and we were not sure how it worked but the waitress guided us through the process. The staff were very attentive and we found the food excellent. In fact we enjoyed the evening so much that we decided we must make this a regular event. Looking forward to our next visit