“Stunning Hotel & Fantastic Hosts!”
Review of Villa Platani

Villa Platani
Ranked #1 of 2 Cianciana B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Hotel & Fantastic Hosts!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Villa Platani with my wife in October, the hotel is 10/10 and has been restored to its former glory with no expense spared. We could not fault anything and Clive & Teresa are fantastic and attentive hosts, nothing to much trouble whatever the time!. I doubt you will find accommodation to better this in the area, so don't delay and book now. This is my first ever review as I don't do them but some things need sharing, Regards Chris W (UK).

Room Tip: Talk to the owners regarding your requirements and they will advise on experience.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Villa Platani is a true gem nestled in Cianciana. The property is beautifully and perfectly renovated down to the last tile. The rooms are large and comfortable, the bathrooms are probably the nicest in Cianciana, the views are amazing, the atmosphere is peaceful and relaxing. On top of it all, Clive and Teresa are the most gracious hosts, concerned about our every need, amazingly accommodating especially concerning our young son, and lovely to just chat with! The breakfast was fresh and delicious every morning. We can not say enough about how lovely of a place this is, and have already told our friends at home that they must come to Cianciana with us next time just to stay here! While we do have family in Cianciana, we felt right at home with Clive and Teresa and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julia C
clive b, Owner at Villa Platani, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Another batch of amazing reviews and I would like to express my gratitude to each and everyone of you for finding the time in your busy lives to have done so.The summer of 2012 was our first and we have met so many interesting people its difficult to think of Villa Platani as work although I'm also sure that Teresa wouldn't agree with me. We are dedicated to making your stay as pleasurable as possible and as a husband & wife team will continue to provide the unique style & experience of Villa Platani.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When we initially booked I was a little worried about the location.Though on arrival all doubts were quashed within 10 minutes. Not only were the owners polite and welcoming, finishing to an exceptional standard, it was the view from our room that I found the most breathtaking. From the terrace even more so.

For such a small town I found Cianciana had everything I needed, and with lovely sandy beaches 10 minutes away by car, I found it and extremely pleasant holiday.

I look forward to next year when I understand a pool will be completed, which in my opinion is the only negative I could find during our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank androulla K
Hitchin
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in August for a local wedding and were very comfortable and owners very helpful, even gave us a lift to Church, when we thought we were late, we did not know that wedding invitations in Sicilia put the wedding down as half an hour earlier because no one usually goes on time.
The air conditioning and plenty of water for showers were really appreciated as the temperature
was 34c most days!.

Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
manchester england
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We can only reiterate previous reviews. A truly stunning residence lovingly restored to very high standards
Excellent service from our hosts. Nothing was too much trouble.
Bedroom very comfortable with excellent air conditioning. Essential!
Fridge with milk and water
Simple touches that make a difference
A great place to stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rho56pam
Vancouver Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

...there is only 1 place to stay, Villa Platani! By far the most luxurious well appointed B&B we have ever stayed in and extremely budget friendly. We were 2 adult couples travelling through Italy for 5 weeks with 2 weeks in Sicily. We were looking for a small town enroute from Cefalu to Agrigento and found this to be the perfect place to use as a base for 2 days. Our hosts Teresa & Clive have completely remodeled this 250 year old historic villa and every attention to detail has been met from top quality towels, sheets and most comfortable beds to enjoying a filling breakfast served on china plates on white linen table cloths. There was a small fee for breakfast (7.50e each) but completely worth it. Clive & Teresa were a wealth of information for our travels and suggested some ideas which we followed and were not disappointed. We stayed here 2 nights and visited the fishing town of Sciacca, and Teresa recommended a fantastic seafood restaurant on the water which was amazing. We were traveling in May and unfortunately the roof deck was not yet open but has breath taking views. There are plans for a pool which will add to the ambience. Clive entertained us with the history of the villa, the town and Sicily. Our room had fantastic views to the ocean and spectacular sunsets, request this room if you can. Thank you Clive and Teresa!
Bryan, Nancy, Ken & Trudy

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the balcony and views to the ocean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sevenoaks
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Being a busy mum of 4 it would take something outstanding to compel me to write a review.I had no idea what to expect for my rare 5 day break as my holiday was arranged by a friend with family roots in Sicily. She had clearly done great research.
From The moment I arrived it was magical.
Sicily is such a beautiful unspoilt island, and sitting on my balcony with a coffee in the morning taking in the breathtaking views, after a fantastic nights sleep in the cool elegant room, I felt all stress evaporate.It is the most comfortable and relaxing holiday I have had.
I agree that villa Platani is so much more than a luxury B&B. The most welcoming hosts Clive and Theresa have spent years making this villa the most fabulous home from home with great attention to detail and they are extremely flexible and helpful.Theresa cooked us a fabulous lunch for a small fee on one of the days where we just did not feel like leaving the comfortable sun beds.
Cianciana is small enough to make friends among the chatty and friendly locals and great inexpensive restaurants and bars are only a short walk away.
I am so glad I discovered Sicily and villa Platani in particular.

Room Tip: Room with balcony
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Platani? Share your experiences!