“Not as nice as expected”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weightlifting competition that was held in one of the ball rooms. The hotel was very clean although our room smelled of smoke? The pool and fitness center are very nice. No refrigerator in the room and no continental breakfast. If you buy food here, bring your wallet! It's very expensive. Not even free coffee other then the stuff u make in your room. That's my only complaint. Oh and parking is $25 at hotel.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Butch9101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

So to make this an easy review- when we arrived there must of been an internet glitch and I was give the presidential suite- after my wife said oh boy- I think it's the wrong room the manager called up and adjusted the price- I have to say the most professional way to fix a problem - room was super kool- staff perfect - 4 hrs of sleep - killer- I will and always will stay here prior to flying out- kudos to the Hyatt crew !

Stayed: March 2014
Michael O, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Iwillnfa,
Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed our spectacular Presidential Suite. The suite has some awesome views of the runways.

Safe travels,

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh Int'l Airport

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've grown to expect a premium experience with Hyatt. This hotel needs a refresh. The location is great if you are coming in late to Pittsburgh. It is connected to the terminal via an indoor walkway, so you can skip the rental car until the next morning. In fact, you'll save on parking if you do so. The check in experience was a bit slow to I used the self check-in, which worked fine but was also a bit slow! The furniture in the room is a bit worn and the climate controls we old-fashion (warmer-colder setting vs. a specific temperature). It looks like they have redone the baths but not the rest of the room. Service was OK. No complaints overall for the price paid, but don't expect this to be as nice as other Hyatt's in the US

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Caryon1,
Thanks for sharing your experience. We always appreciate feedback from Tripadvisor Top Contributors. We are currently planning our next guestroom renovation and expect to begin at the end of the year.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh Int'l Airport

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was in town for an event and stayed at the Hyatt at the Pittsburgh Airport. The hotel is a quick walk from the landside area of the airport. The hotel is geared toward the business traveler. Check in was quick, easy and professional. They have pool, business center areas, fitness area, a bar and grill and several ballrooms. The room was nice size, clean and spotless. Zero complaints about the room. You pay a little higher to stay there because of the location. Guest at the Hyatt can access the airside, gate area of the airport through a program run at the airport. The front desk can explain how that is done. Parking is either included in your night rate or you pay something aorund $13 a night if you have a vehicle. As I was in town for an event I walked a half hour early to the ballroom in which the event would be held. It was 630 and the event started at 7pm. The room was set up nice and looked first class. The odd thing I noticed was as I turned to head back to my room was the staff was putting out some food in what I thought to be the buffet area for our event. I had assumed that it was hors d'oeuvres even though it was bbq ribs. Odd but I didnt think twice about it. A half hour later when I returned a noticed all the food set out and it was not hor d'oeuvres. We sat down at the event. They did they half hour talk than we got to go table at a time to get food. This food was just bad to the point that it was the topic at our table and several others. Lets go through the food. A tossed salad with a choice of a balsmic dressing nothing else. Potaotes have cooked half not. A nice mix of grill veggies that was sitting on a hotel pan over a burner for over an hour. bla. Bbq chicken that was so dry it was like eating leather. Bbq ribs that looked good until u took a bite. Yes the main entries were bbq rib and bbq chicken. I am sure that is the result of the person planning the event not the hotel. And lastly they had chilli. Plain white bean and meat. Blant enough to give to a baby. They had a smoores pudding dessert that looked good but was ruined by mass amounts of chocolate syrup fancied on top. Food service a huge and expensive disappointment. The staff was great. The open bar was stocked and had good beer. After the event a large number of us went to hang out in the bar area. That was the ice breaker. The female manager at the bar seemed to have no sence in how to run a bar or even communicate with anyone. The bar tender I beleive his name was Matt was nothing short of rude. I understand the pateince needed as a bar tender when 20 people show up at once but its as if he threw in the towel. There was no one being loud or obnoxious. There was nobody falling over drunk. Eveyone was having a good time and wanted to sit down and bs with there friends. Matt made it difficult to get a drink, to pay for a drink to do anything. The manager instead of stepping up walked around with her head down doing everything but helping out at the bar. After 1 beer we all decided to leave and go back to the rooms and hang out. Alot of us paid a lot of money for the night. We were excited to hang out with friends and enjoy the night only to be cut short by a piss poor food delivery and an unprofessional bar staff. I wish the staff at the event was the same at the bar. Given this summary there is too many other choices in the area to have an event held. This hotel did not stand out in anyway. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying more than a day. The airport has shuttles to several other hotels in the area that I have experinced much better service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
7Marc8, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hello,

I do want to apologize for some of your negative experiences you received when here for your high school reunion. I will be addressing your culinary concerns with our Chef and certainly will be coaching my management team as well as the bartender on your perception of service received when your group was in the bar after the banquet event concluded. Take care and thank you for your response.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in August of 2013 and had the worst experience. Our television and water taps were broken. There was NO PARKING so on top of the hotel rate it was another $16/night in airport parking. I wrote to a manager to complain and he promised to get back with me. Never heard from him. Will never stay here again in Pittsburgh and have warned all of my friends away. Such a beautiful exterior and interior, but the service is awful for an upper scale hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Michael O, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear BJohnson115,
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. Since we are located at the Pittsburgh International Airport and steps from the terminal, there are a number of daily parking options available to all our guests - Hotel Front Drive $25 (limited availability), Long Term Airport Parking $13 and Extended Airport Parking $8. There are also many packages available with parking included. Please visit our website by clicking on the link above for more information.

I did send you a personal note and I look forward to resolving any concerns you may have.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel is attached to the Pittsburgh Airport by an enclosed walkway (also goes to parking). It was a wonderful convenience when facing an early morning flight, especially in winter. Room was very comfortable and quiet, staff friendly and helpful. But, you pay for the convenience. Didn't try the bar or restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GaleN536
Michael O, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi GaleN536,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We appreciate the great review.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We enjoyed our stay - so convenient to turning in our car rental and catching our next day's flight!!

Great bar to enjoy evening -- stayed at bar and had delicious dinner!

Staff in bar area was friendly - even if bar tender was a die-hard Pirates Fan! :-)

Didn't seem to have a concierge on duty and front desk staff could have been more helpful!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dr. Tim T,
Thank you for the great review. As you mentioned we are located right across the road from the rental car return. Our new Executive Chef, Scott Hemmerly has been working hard on implementing some new and exciting menus with a specific focus on showcasing his relationships with the local farming community.

Our front desk team would be more than happy to assist you with Concierge questions or needs 24/7.

Thanks again for a great review and we hope to see you again!

Director Of Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airpor...
#2 of 2 in Findlay Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Americas Best Value Inn - Pittsburgh Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!