New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Very good except for phantom water charge, check your bill closely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, NY
“Very good except for phantom water charge, check your bill closely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nice room, comfortable bed and large bath. Service is good at front desk and in the attached restaurant. Location is super convenient as it is connect to PIT airport. Subsequent to leaving I found a phantom $3.50 charge on my credit card for water that I never drank. Not happy about this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding with the water charge to your room.

Please contact us directly so we may correct your billing discrepancy.

I thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I'm shocked by all the good reviews of this property! We stayed at this hotel when it first opened years ago and loved it, but boy, has it gone down hill! We needed to beef up our Hyatt stays/nights this year, so we opted for the airport Hyatt Regency instead of the Hyatt Place North Shore (which incidentally would have been much closer to our activities) simply for the reason it is Regency branded.

There is nothing "regency" about this location. We knew that there is no Regency Club, but our past experience led us to believe that in every other manner, this hotel would live up to its branding. We were given an upgraded room due to Gold Passport status. It was a corner room, referred to as a suite. The only thing that made it a suite was a small room with a dining table and four chairs. I think the bedroom itself was actually smaller than the regular king rooms as it did not have a desk. The closet was tiny. The hanging bar for clothing was hung so low that my mini-dress was dragging on the floor. The ironing board was stashed in the closet at an angle which made hanging items even worse. Not only that, but the carpet in the closet looked like it had never been vacuumed as it was coated with dust.

The bathroom was standard. It had a mounted magnifying mirror and the lighting was not bad for putting on makeup. The bed was extremely comfortable but the linens were a little rigid.

Here's where things really got bad . . .

When we checked into our "suite" well after 4 pm, there was still a cart full of dirty plates and unfinished food in front of our door that stunk up the entire hallway (we were at the end). We had to call to have it removed. When we left for dinner that evening, there was a pile of empty beer cans and pizza boxes on top of the garbage can by the elevator. When we returned late that evening, it was still there.

As we were leaving the hotel the first day, we alerted the front desk that housekeeping could make up our room, and that we would like extra towels, and extra coffee and valet packets. When we returned to our room, again after 4 pm, the room had not been made up. We called the front desk and they sent the "night crew" to tidy up. They forgot to leave wash cloths; they forgot to replenish the coffee, and they forgot to leave coffee cups. We had to call the front desk yet again for each of these items as we noticed them. In addition, they did not vacuum the floors. And remember the garbage can by the elevator with the beer cans and pizza boxes . . . still there when we left in the morning . . . still there when we came back late in the evening.

Once again, we called the front desk. The night manager Kevin was so apologetic. He said he would take care of everything, and even brought up the coffee cups himself. He was proactive and so on the ball, and maybe that's why it is a Hyatt Regency and not a Hyatt Place? Kudos to Kevin for not passing the buck!

I never bring slippers with me, and no flip flops either. Usually I don't have a problem walking on the carpet with bare feet at a Hyatt Regency property. When I stepped into the white bathtub for my shower, gobs of dirt washed off my feet as they got wet. It was pretty disgusting and just reaffirms what I said previously about the carpets not being vacuumed, and perhaps not even cleaned on a regular basis. It was truly gross!

I'm not going to complain about no breakfast included, or the charges for internet and parking. My husband's Gold Passport status entitled us free internet and breakfast. I will say that all hotels are starting to nickel and dime the guests for everything they can, just like the airlines do, so traveling as much as we do, we have become accustomed to it and bite our tongues when even the Gold Passport status doesn't give us a discount off the resort fees and parking.

Hyatt . . . please check this property for quality control . . . it would do a world of good. Then again, it appears this hotel is sold out night after night and the guests pay top dollar, so they probably think, "why bother?"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Please be assured that when you first voiced your concerns directly to us we took them very seriously. We are sorry this stay was not to your level of expectation but we appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention.
I have shared your comments directly with our Director of Rooms, John Parker. If there is anything more to add please do not hesitate to call us our via our main hotel number.
Bellevue, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel the night of my wedding since we had a 6 AM flight to catch for honeymoon. And to say I was impressed with this hotel would be an understatement.

The hotel granted me an early check-in the day of my wedding and when I took the suitcases to the room I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the price we paid.

Every staff member I dealt with was knowledgeable and helpful and based on my experience at this hotel I would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so pleased that you found your accomodations comfortable and our hotel convenient for your early morning travel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh in the future!
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I got a very good Hotwire price ($64/night) on this hotel since I was staying over the weekend. The room was very comfortable with upscale amenities, but the downside is no free internet and no free breakfast of any sort. If you have a car, you have to pay the daily $13 long-term parking rate.
The staff was very friendly and prompt with the one small issue I had (no cups for the in-room coffee).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Regency Pittsburgh

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We value your business and we will certainly evaluate your suggestions. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to our loyal guest such as your self.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are so happy we found this hotel. We landed in Pittsburgh airport around 11:50 p.m. and this Hyatt is connected directly to the airport. After such a long flight, it was great to be able to check in quickly (prompt and efficient) and get to our very comfortable room. We even stopped at the bar to grab a few waters for the room (tip: a tad cheaper in the bar area) Anyway, what a great room. We had 2 rooms (one with an adjoining table/chairs). It was so spacious...everything upgraded (even the TV). The shower was great & great shower pressure. Updated/modern room. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks Hyatt...well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Pittsbugh and truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel.
Please come see us again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Since this is an IN airport hotel, they get you with the price. My travel department misquoted the price and I didn't realize it afterwards while checking out. But I am thankful I did stay there. I had to lug around 3 large 70 pound Pelican tool boxes plus my personal luggage. Since the hotel is next to the rental car center, the hotel provided me with a bellhop while I dropped the car off. The gentleman locked my tool boxes up and dropped off my personal bags in my room - I know, no big deal. But in the morning when I checked out, Megan at the front desk offered to her manager to help me by taking the hotel baggage cart with all my boxes and luggage and assist me to dropp them off. The hotel is not IN the terminal. It's seperated from it by short-term parking/car rental center. They are all connected by a covered walkway. It's about at least a 1/4 mile walk between the hotel and terminal. Megan stayed with me not just to the parking where we could've transferred everything, but the whole way through check-in and oversize drop-off. Her commitment to customer service was AMAZING!
Yes, the room rate is steep, but customer service is worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team, and appreciate your comments specifically about Megan. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Pittsburgh, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We've stayed here every time we have flown from the west coast to Pittsburgh. We either have a very late arriving flight or plan to arrive a day early and rest a bit before heading out the next morning. It's wonderful to be able to pick up our luggage walk through the covered walk way out of the weather and in minutes arrive at the front desk. The rooms are comfortable, and quiet the staff has always been friendly and helpful. We especially enjoy the restaurant and lounge. The food is well prepared, their menu has a wide range of choices, and the wait staff have always been friendly and efficient. After a day on a plane. Knowing this comfortable convenient hotel with its friendly staff are waiting on the other end gives us something to look forward to. Breakfast by the way is not complimentary, but it has always been delicious.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so pleased that you found our hotel covenient and comfortable!
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!