“Immaculately clean and you can walk to the airport from the lobby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Immaculately clean and you can walk to the airport from the lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Desk staff was extremely polite and greeted me by name. The lobby was clean and unassuming. Check in was quick, and I found my room to be very clean with updated decor. Nothing was broken or out of place. King size bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The bathroom was larger than average and the shower head delivered a vigorous stream of water.
While I didn't use the fitness center, I visited the place and found it to be roomy and well-maintained. The pool is even large enough to swim laps...a refreshing change over the typical miniature kidney-shaped "pool" found at most hotels.
I have a few minor complaints. Hallway noise was annoyingly audible all night....the doors and/or exterior walls do a poor job of blocking sound, although I didn't hear any noise from other rooms. I also called the front desk to request a tube of toothpaste, and when it didn't arrive after 40 minutes of waiting, I went down to the lobby to ask for some from the desk clerk. Also, wireless Internet was $10/day...a very poor deal.
Catching my flight the next morning was ridiculously easy and convenient...I just exited the lobby, walked across an enclosed walkway and right up to the security checkpoint. This is a great hotel if you have an early morning flight.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank celer.aqua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I checked into this airport hotel expecting the traditional Hyatt brand and found this property not as appealing as its sister Hyatt Place. The hotel had an old moldy smell to in the first room I was put in a call to the front desk and I was moved to another room. The room was about the same. The bathroom amenities were lacking, no Portico soaps, shampoo, toothpaste but a generic small bar of Dial you would find at a roadway hotel. If I had not returned my rental car already I would have opted for a move to the more modern, equipped Hyatt Place. Is this hotel preparing for a brand change?

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments. The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh maintains a strong presence in the Pittsburgh market and we are dedicated to quality. I am sorry that the quality did not meet your satisfaction during your last visit. Your comments are important to us and we are highly concerned that they do not align with our brand image or our brand standards. I assure you that we have taken this feedback very seriously and are looking into your concern. Additionally, the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh is still managed by Hyatt Hotels and we continue to use our brand standard Portico bath soaps and bath amenities. I assure you we will continue to have strong presence in the market. I truly invite any further feedback and you are more than welcome to call the hotel directly and request the Director of Rooms to clarify our commitment and at the very least receive my most sincere apology. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!
Forest City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

First of all the hotel is very clean and you could hardly hear the planes at all. Parking at the hotel was $25.00 per night. Internet costs $9.95 per day. In this day and age internet should be free. If mid scale brands can do it why not Hyatt? Ordered my one son room service frorm the kids menu and the total for his food and drink was $11.95, but when the bill came the add on charges made it $21.95. I went to the front desk and asked for menu's for pizza delivery. The desk clerk who was very nice by the way gave me two menu's. Both local eateries that deliver I called on my cell and the pizza place asked me to call from the hotel phone as they had been having prank callers from cell phones. No problem I thought. At check out this local call was $8.53! The front desk would not adjust it. So that is why the poor rating from me. This one hotel has insured that I will not stay at any Hyatt property. A suggestion would be to raise your rates and do away with the "extra" fees.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Daniel H
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

The airport hotel is very convenient - attached to the airport and a quick walk from the terminal. Romms are very quiet (hear no plane traffic at all) and clean. My room had a floor standing air cleaner, offering the ultimate in white noise which I love. Bathroom was large and clean with above-average amenities.

Breakfast service was average, with the menu and buffet selections being below average, and in fact, disappointing. Also, there was no "market" or gift shop in the lobby, something that I've come to rely on for late night snacks and beverages. $13 to park overnight - not a great deal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates your comments regarding your recent stay. Our team is fully committed to offering the best hotel experience in the area and strives to improve our guest experience every day. We will take you comments into consideration.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stay here every year (since 2008) on my way to business in the States and have always found the experiience enjoyable. Rooms are well appointed and staff are very obliging. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your gracious comments and loyalty to the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh!
Please come see us again soon!
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Great location - liiterally across from the airport so from that side it was easy to get to and from for the business meeting. However, the meeting facilities - and cost thereof was very expensive for what one got. I would recommend another hotel for a meeting.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates you comments, please consider us again in the future should you travel plans bring you back to the area.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stay at this Hyatt often... and there is a certain level I have come to expect and appreciate, but the other day they went above and beyond and I wanted to share my experience!
I was fighting a cold my first night in Pittsburg, so I extended my stay for the following night. As I was making the arrangements to extend my stay, I just mentioned to the front desk about how nice it was to be in a dark quiet room to try to recover from this cold. The front desk made a special request to have chicken noodle soup and a sandwich sent to my room to help with my recovery!! What a sweet and unexpected surprise... I think the kind gesture helped me recover faster than the chicken noodle soup!

For those unfamilar with this hotel... it is located AT the airport, great for early departures and late arrivals! Large workout facility including free weights.

I have only eaten at the restaurant once... food is good, but on the expensive side. (remember location) and they dont have any beer on tap.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates the kind words you have take then time to share regarding your recent stay.
We are so pleased that you found our location convenient and our hospitality made your stay more comfortable.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
4.0 of 5 stars 283 reviews
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!