“Nickel And Dimed To The Max” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Forest City, Iowa
“Nickel And Dimed To The Max”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

First of all the hotel is very clean and you could hardly hear the planes at all. Parking at the hotel was $25.00 per night. Internet costs $9.95 per day. In this day and age internet should be free. If mid scale brands can do it why not Hyatt? Ordered my one son room service frorm the kids menu and the total for his food and drink was $11.95, but when the bill came the add on charges made it $21.95. I went to the front desk and asked for menu's for pizza delivery. The desk clerk who was very nice by the way gave me two menu's. Both local eateries that deliver I called on my cell and the pizza place asked me to call from the hotel phone as they had been having prank callers from cell phones. No problem I thought. At check out this local call was $8.53! The front desk would not adjust it. So that is why the poor rating from me. This one hotel has insured that I will not stay at any Hyatt property. A suggestion would be to raise your rates and do away with the "extra" fees.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Daniel H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

The airport hotel is very convenient - attached to the airport and a quick walk from the terminal. Romms are very quiet (hear no plane traffic at all) and clean. My room had a floor standing air cleaner, offering the ultimate in white noise which I love. Bathroom was large and clean with above-average amenities.

Breakfast service was average, with the menu and buffet selections being below average, and in fact, disappointing. Also, there was no "market" or gift shop in the lobby, something that I've come to rely on for late night snacks and beverages. $13 to park overnight - not a great deal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates your comments regarding your recent stay. Our team is fully committed to offering the best hotel experience in the area and strives to improve our guest experience every day. We will take you comments into consideration.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stay here every year (since 2008) on my way to business in the States and have always found the experiience enjoyable. Rooms are well appointed and staff are very obliging. I will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your gracious comments and loyalty to the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh!
Please come see us again soon!
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Great location - liiterally across from the airport so from that side it was easy to get to and from for the business meeting. However, the meeting facilities - and cost thereof was very expensive for what one got. I would recommend another hotel for a meeting.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates you comments, please consider us again in the future should you travel plans bring you back to the area.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stay at this Hyatt often... and there is a certain level I have come to expect and appreciate, but the other day they went above and beyond and I wanted to share my experience!
I was fighting a cold my first night in Pittsburg, so I extended my stay for the following night. As I was making the arrangements to extend my stay, I just mentioned to the front desk about how nice it was to be in a dark quiet room to try to recover from this cold. The front desk made a special request to have chicken noodle soup and a sandwich sent to my room to help with my recovery!! What a sweet and unexpected surprise... I think the kind gesture helped me recover faster than the chicken noodle soup!

For those unfamilar with this hotel... it is located AT the airport, great for early departures and late arrivals! Large workout facility including free weights.

I have only eaten at the restaurant once... food is good, but on the expensive side. (remember location) and they dont have any beer on tap.

• 5 of 5 stars
HyattMgr9, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh appreciates the kind words you have take then time to share regarding your recent stay.
We are so pleased that you found our location convenient and our hospitality made your stay more comfortable.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Brenda Thomas, Office Agent & Katie Sims, Cust. Svc. Specialist provided assistance above and beyond what is usually expected from the staff during my stay at the Hyatt Regency,Pgh Int'l Airport location. Both of these staff members showed exemplary customer service skills and should be congradulated for their skills. I look forward to my next visit at the Hyatt Regency.
Roberta Yinger

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your comments regarding the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh, and more importantly Brenda and Katie!
We are incredibly proud of the authentic service that our team strives to provide to all of our guests.
The entire team thanks you for your kind recognition.
Please come see us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel was very nice. Room was clean and up to date. Service was universally courteous and helpful. Getting there by car is an adventure. The hotel is connected to the airport and obviously designed to serve that customer base. If you arrive by car you must park in the airport's long-term parking and pay accordingly. Because of the airport focus, there is no obvious entrance for those who arrive by car. When we couldn't find the traditional portico entrance, we parked in back and entered through doors to the convention area. They told us at the desk this is what people usually do. Once we were in, the place was great. I'd stay there again for a single night but not multiple nights because of the parking situation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
The Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh sincerely thanks you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. While we are pleased that you found our hotel nice and clean and our staff courteous, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with parking.
We sincerely hope to see you again in the future whenever your travel plans bring you back to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Findlay Township
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!