“Clean and Comfortable”

Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were there for 1 night. We noticed at bedtime that 1 of the beds had hairs in the sheets. A clerk came up immediately when notified and changed the sheets. Other than that, the room was very clean. The bed I slept in was very comfortable. It was a little hard to find, but I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I spent one night here and was very pleased. The shuttle service to/from airport was fantastic. Everyone working here is polite, helpful and friendly. I am a marathon runner and there are trails/paths very close by. I ate in the lounge and the waitress/bartender/manager did a great job handling everything by herself.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Near the airport at the end of an industrial park. Absolutely nothing near this hotel, no stores, restaurants anything. Hotel restaurant not open very often. Wasn't open when we checked in at 3:00 PM, wasn't open when we came back to hotel at 11:00 PM, not open at 10:00 AM. Room was ok but not very clean. Tub would not drain. No soap or shampoo in bathroom. Parking lot is a mess. Needs to be paved. Pool was dirty with leaves. Fence around pool in bad shape. There were leaves around the rear of the building that were once mulch beds. It is July and these leaves are from last fall. It just looks like no one cares about this place.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Eb19083
Reviewed July 3, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was originally booked at another hotel, but due to some flooding issues had to check in to this hotel for one night. At the time of check in, I couldn't find my AMEX so I gave the front desk my debit card. AS soon as I got to my room, I located my business card and went downstairs to give them a new card. I was told that my record was updated. The next morning I checked out from the hotel, I asked the front desk for my bill and was told that the other hotel will be taking care of my charges as I was misplaced by the flooding. This week I checked my balance and found out a charge from this hotel for $316!!!!!!!! This hotel is $120, I stayed 1 night and wasn't supposed to be charged, plus they charged by debit card on top of $110 that was withheld! So basically, they didn't update my card on the room and when I called them to ask about the charge, I was told they cant figure it out either. I left a message for the GM but of course no one called me back. I am disputing this charge through my bank, but I find this whole situation very shady, horrible experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Upon arrival, the room seemed quite spacious, clean and accommodating. The bathroom was very big compared to most hotel bathrooms. I probably would've enjoyed my stay if it weren't for the STINK BUGS CRAWLING ALL OVER THE WINDOWS, CEILINGS AND WALLS!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Wyndham location around the time that Spring started and it definitely doesn't help that the hotel is near a wooded area. I found about 4 stink bugs - one on the ceiling, another on the wall and 2 on the window. There were also several dead ones laying on the floor by the window.

Now I know stink bugs are 'harmless' but the thought of me sharing a room with bugs was disgusting. I called the front desk and said that there are live and dead stink bugs all over the room and asked to be moved to a new room. The manager's pitiful response was "Well, I can move you to another room but there will be stinkbugs in that one too...they're a Pittsburgh native." Completely thought that was the most unprofessional thing to say. After voicing my concerns with Priceline and having them speak to the manager, he agreed to refund our stay and canceled the reservation. We stayed in the room about 20 minutes before leaving.

After going through Priceline once again, we found a hotel on express deals right in the middle of the city. I found not one stinkbug in THAT room. So sir, stink bugs are clearly not a Pittsburgh native and there are indeed hotels in Pittsburgh without them.
Aside from the stinkbugs and the indifferent manager, the room seemed great. I'm sure the experience wouldn't be as bad during the winter when the stink bugs are not around.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

#5 of 11 in Coraopolis
La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Airport
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!