“Heaven on Earth”

Mudbrick Vineyard & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Oneroa
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mudbrick is world-renowned for its superb restaurant and award-winning wines. With its spectacular sea views, French potager gardens and hand-hewn mud-brick buildings, the setting is "A must-see when visiting Auckland" (New York Times).
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This please is my idea of paradise! I've been here twice now and only for cheese and wine, but it has the most spectacular views of Auckland Central, the most gorgeous green, garden surroundings and the most positive and relaxing atmosphere I think I've ever experienced anywhere! The cheese platter is great! If you want to go somewhere to feel relaxed and looked after by passionate staff, drink great wine, purchase fab local Waiheke gifts and eat the most satisfyingly delicious food (only tried cheese, but I can only imagine how amazing the rest of their menu is), this is your place. :) I can see why it's so popular as a wedding venue, too! A not-to-be-missed Waiheke destination!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Wonderful food and wine overlooking the sun sinking across the bay. Anything else is padding. I have no criticism, only praise - not cheap, but worth it.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The ambience and staff at Mud Brick made our visit memorable. Food was a masterpiece - the chef would have to be up there with best in the world. Will highly recommend

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Let me preface this by saying that we were on a tour and pre ordered our meals. This winery / vineyard setting is absolutely gorgeous. A half hour ferry ride from Auckland on a beautiful day -- the food, service and scenery were all quite good. I do have to say that this was included in our tour so can't compare the experience to a value ...

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a family outing to Mudbrick after catching the ferry from Auckland and arranging a hire car to see the sights in Waiheke. Lunch had been arranged at Mudbrick. It is a beautiful setting for lunch with fantastic views of the ocean. Oddly when we arrived our waitress informed us that as they were very busy she had been informed that we were to order all our courses we wished to have straight away including dessert. I did point out to her that we may not want dessert if the food was rich and she agreed that she could take an order after if we wanted one. The food when it arrived was lovely and it was nice that the suggested wine for our menu choices was sold by the glass. Despite them being busy, it didn't appear overly busy to us as there were tables free, the service was excellent, and the food and wine very good. I would recommend it for a memorable lunch in a spectacular setting