TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverthe ownercastlehouseexperienceweekendwateramsterdambedsaccommodation
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Beautifully located at river de Vecht lies this small authentic hotel close to the entrance off the castle Oud Zuylen. Rooms are all different and unique and very convenient. Staff was nice and frienfly. Breakfast was good in the nicely decorated meeting room.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Found hotel by chance of trip advisor. Really nice experience and we loved the design and the various art effect. Super friendly. We are already booked in again!!
Rent their bikes and experience the area.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We arrived at the hotel only to find it unattended, but fortunately we rang the bell next door and found that the key to our room was at the Belle Restaurant next door. The hotel is a very old building and our room was large with a nice view of the back garden. It was comfortable but had steps up to the bathroom, not so easy in the middle of the night. The town is cute, very small and the castle is 1 block from the hotel. The view of the river from the hotel is very pleasant. The hotel manager was ill but her husband filled in and made us an excellent breakfast.

Room Tip: It is nice to stay outside Utrecht but still be only a few minutes away from all the major attractions. This village is very quaint.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanRSF
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

The hotel transports you to year 1678. The rooms have remained untouched from history except modern fittings. It is bang on the side of river Vecht of Utrecht on one side and a splendid castle
On the other. You can enjoy lovely walks around this sleepy little Dutch village with warm and welcoming people. Try to get suite 101 that has the most splendid view. There is a nice Bella restaurant outside with speciality food (it used to be a prison) and also a nice curio shop on the ground floor of the hotel. In total the hotel has got 8/9 rooms and very cozy. The owner lives in the next house and is a interesting person to talk to on history of the region.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2015

I booked this because all of the other hotels in Utrecht were full...a very fortunate coincidence. The Logement is in a quiet but interesting area: on the river, in front of a gallery, next to a fantastic bistro (Belle) and opposite parkland/ I was on business and had to get a taxi to the centre but it was worth it. Lilian who runs it was lovely; came early to do my breakfast and gave me a tub of fruit to take with me. The food at Belle was delicious and very reasonable for the standard. I had a lovely sleep in a sumptuous bed in the cleanest room that I have ever been in. The powerful shower woke me up in the morning and I am determined to come back for a weekend. My only negative was that Belle is closed on a Monday (which Lilian told me) and eating without a car on a Monday was nigh on impossible. Important to know if it's important to you.

Stayed: September 2015