“Spa among best I've seen.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Europe Hotel & Resort

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Tralee, Ireland
“Spa among best I've seen.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

I was really taken aback by the spa here, I can't understand why other hotels in Ireland are named better than it. In magazines etc. I never see it mentioned, I guess it is a lovely surprise then when you visit. The Pool & Vitality pool (especially outdoor area in the Spa itself) are breathtaking for the views. I love how the pool is designed, all dark & muted and depth is at one level as even signs on the wall would take from it! One hitch was I had an amazing treatment but when I was booking, was told there was an offer for lunch included but when I was signing for it, turned out there was actually an extra €25 added for the lunch-wasn't told this..they were apologetic and didn't charge me, but thought it was a bit rich not to mention that when I was booking. We had dinner included in our room rate. I thought the food was great and Brassarie was so busy on the saturday night and great athmosphere. We were glad our dinner was included as €65 per person exch drinks is quite a bit in recessionary times. Also loved the modern Foyer & cosy little common rooms everywhere . Another great thing is that hotel was built in the 60's so rooms are completely soundproof, I'm always knock on dividing walls in hotels and these were pure stone. So cosy and quiet. Perfect!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetotrave15l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

The Europe is a breath of fresh air, absolutely gorgeous hotel and sooooo relaxing. The common areas of the hotel are exceptional, including the gardens. The rooms are lovely as well (we had a lake facing room), the pool area is stunning.
Really enjoyed our stay here although I did think the food in the brasserie was expensive but not too far to travel in to killarney for the night (we had a gorgeous meal at chapter 40 in killarney).
Highly recommend this hotel for people looking for a relaxing luxurious break

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

Great stay here- rooms are simple but its best as a spa location. Fantastic ESPA spa which is the real spa brand of luxury, lovely therapists and the ladies on reception in the spa and leisure centre were so genuinely lovely. The view from the SPA and the fitness level is truly spectacular. Spa cafe smoothies were great and the service there was exceptional also. There is a lovely girl -eastern european- who took care of us for lunch for two day and could not have been nicer. Even offering to write out the smoothie recipies for us!!
The place can feel a bit quite at night- we're in our early thirties and just seeking a good spa and good food- so we dont mind and ther is a mature crowd ( ie older than us happy young fogies). Re food, the brasserie restaurant was lovely and resonably prices. Dishes not always spot on- bbizzare citrus sea bass dish was a bit horrible and didn't work- but good for the basics- steaks, yummy fish and chips, soups, etc.

Breakfast is a bit of a let down, bit mass catering vibe, no nice eggs enedict or such like just continental brekkie or a big greasy fry. i think juices should be always freshly squeezed in 5 star hotel but that is a smaller detail I guess. All in all, very relaxing enjoyable stay. Dont dare miss the spa!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giveme5stars
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

I, too, was lucky enough to attend the convention here with my husband.
Location - wonderful, in the heart of unspoilt countryside with glorious views of the lake and mountains behind. A little remote for some as a couple of miles out of town.
Rooms - as others have described, we had lovely lake/mountain views from our balcony, real WOW factor. Very well appointed, and yes, we too had the problem with the shower overflowing onto the floor, put a towel down for this! No tea/coffee making facilities, and although we could have charged it to the company I wasn't prepared to pay $4.00 per cup of coffee plus $2.00 service charge for room service! Wi-Fi worked in room but was very slow.
Staff - everyone was lovely and very attentive.
Food - Excellent, and considering the number of people being served at once this was just brilliant.
Spa - we didn't use the gym (too lazy), but did use the pools which were lovely. Also changing facilities were very good, and staff at spa were most helpful, showing us where everything was.
Public areas - all very nicely presented and comfortable.
Gardens - a bit too geometric for me!
Architecture - also very square, quite ugly from outside really, not sure if it is in keeping with the area or not. I believe it was built by a German company!
Value - now I am not too sure about this, I think some of the bar bills were quite steep. I think if we were paying for ourselves we wouldn't have stayed here! But if you get a chance to come on business, or as some sort of special occasion, I would definitely recommend that you do.

1 Thank niftynotfifty
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

We booked a lakeview room at the Europe for one night but loved it so much we stayed for 2 nights. The spa especially is the most wonderful I have ever been too - there is an outside heated vitality pool, indoor pool and indoor salt pool too, but I must say the treatments are very expensive.

We ate in the Brasserie on both nights and the food is very good and service excellent. Breakfast is served in their Panorama restaurant and was top notch as well - you certainly won't leave hungry. The bar is extremely cosy and traditional. The hotel was not busy either which was a plus as most of the time we had the pools to ourselves. Would definitely return at some point

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MsMarple1
kent, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I had the honour of staying at The Europe Hotel for four nights. It was absolutly fabulous. I went along with my husband and 398 other delegates for a big conference. We took over the whole hotel. The staff were so lovely and caring and nothing was too much for them. All so helpful and warm.
The bars were very inviting and we thought the brasserie food was good regardless of the previous comment. I personally wouldnt order pizza and chips !! Considering the hotel were catering for so many, the food was really good.
The spa was amazing and it was lovely laying out in the thermal pool outside, bubbles all around me in the pouring rain at such a warm temperature. It was all incredibly clean too.
The only downside i can think of was in the bathroom. It had a full bath etc and a wet room ( large shower head and large shower tray that was only an inch lower from the main floor with no slope. I was ok ish in it but my husband kept flooding the whole bathroom floor, so much so the water was running onto the carpet in the hallway. Otherwise the hotel bedroom was very comfortable.
I will most definately go back again. Brilliant stay.

Co. Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

I'm writing this on the Hotels guest computer waiting for a coach to take us to Cork Airport. We have just had the most excellent time here at the Europe. Fantastic staff who could not make you more comfortable. Our Convention went without a hitch and a special thanks to the Conference centre staff specially the AV technician, sorry I forget your name but he was so helpful and professional. Also thanks to the waiters and waitresses along with the chefs who put on some incredible food for us. Time now to go home and get back to work but thanks again to all at the Europe - we had a ball!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
The Killarney Park Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,437 reviews
Loch Lein Country House

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!