This was our third trip to the Europe Hotel for a short leisure break. We had not been to the hotel since its refurbishment and we were extremely impressed with the luxurious transformation. This is probably the best situated hotel in Killarney to appreciate the beautiful scenery of Kerry. Be aware this hotel is out from the town centre approx two miles, so a car or taxi are needed. But the setting is gorgeous and the peace and quiet is great.The hotel is beautiful inside, the spa ,pool, and gym facilites are just top class, probably the best in ireland we have seen.
The room I booked through a booking site, because simply it was a lot cheaper than the hotel itself, and i booked a superior lake view room. I specifially requested a king bed when booking as the site offered this option of bed type. Now the room itself was really lovely and spacious, beautiful balcony , lake view etc.... v warm but the only negative I did not like at all was the bed ,which although really comfortable ,was twin mattresses, pushed together . Even the quilts were twin. I was v disappointed with this as this was supposed to be a king bed.?
I did ask on check out if this was the case with all king type rooms and nice girl there looked at our booking and told me, oh yes you booked through an internet site, not the hotel, and did you request a king bed? She told us,the hotel does of course have king beds, but due to conferences also has a large no. of twin types which can be made into kings and apologised for that. I did come away feeling, if you happened to book through any site other than the hotel, then you will be penalized for not contacting the hotel directly as you do not get what you supposedly paid for and requested because the hotel itself charges you more for the same room type than a lot of other booking options out there.
If the hotel markets itself through various booking sites out there to generate business, it should at least compete price wise with its own hotel prices and perhaps customers would book direct with the hotel itself.?
Other than this slight hitch, all was v lovely at the hotel, the breakfast was top notch and the choice was mouth watering. Did not try the dinner menu this time as we met friends elsewhere but our previous experience was v good, although expensive for what you get.There are a lot of v good restaurants in Killarney.The male staff we met were extremely friendly and the leisure staff were lovely also.I would highly recommed this hotel , but will be wary in future how we book. This is definitely a five star hotel and you will enjoy your stay here .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- Europe Hotel Killarney