“Fab for Everythig”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for a romantic weekend., great value, lovely staff, Fab food Fab spa . Great get away place , book a lake view room , you will not be disappointed The weather was typical Ireland at it best , but even with the poor weather the View from our room was spectacular . Make the effort you will not be disappointed ' A real Gem - Cant wait to go back . .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoeBlogs2009
There are newer reviews for The Europe Hotel & Resort

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here midweek in July for 2 nights. We had a lovely relaxing stay, perfect spot for switching off and getting a nice touch of luxury. It is a large hotel with not a huge personal touch or much character but it does have all the 5* trimmings you'd expect. Our room was nice but have definitely stayed in more impressive 5* star rooms. It had a nice balcony overlooking a garden but was on the small side. One small thing was that it had a full length mirror inside a wardrobe which could not be opened as it was too close to the bed, small I know but annoying none the less. There are no tea/coffee making facilities which is unusual & you need to call down every time you want coffee etc. Breakfast was great, super selection of fresh fruits, breads etc with eggs made to order. The rest of the hot food was buffet style, should be made to order I think for 5*. We dined in the main restaurant on our 2nd night and had an excellent meal, faultless food & service.
The spa is excellent, we didn't get any treatments but loved the thermal suite.
We were celebrating a very special wedding anniversary and had mentioned this before arriving but at no point did the hotel do anything to acknowledge this. I know special treatment shouldn't be expected but the hotel was only half full, a room upgrade (when all those seaview/bigger rooms were vacant) would have been a nice touch!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank rcallagh
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Beautiful location - worth paying extra for the Lakeview rooms. Didn't do any treatments but enjoyed the pool etc. best steam room I've been in for a while - it is HOT! Had dinner in the hotel on Sat night & unfortunately this was the only blemish on the weekend. The service provided by the waitress who served us fell well short of what I'd expect at a 5* given the cost etc. I highlighted an issue to Reception upon checkout & was assured I'd be contacted - a week later & no contact. The room was nice - spacious, clean & I loved the decor. Elegant & not fussy. No denying this is an expensive break but definitely has something special.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view if the lake & mountains
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Contessa1000
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for three nights with family, ranging in age from 87 to 6 years old! We have stayed here a few times and it is definitely an amazing hotel. The decor is very modern - the colour scheme a little dark for my taste but appreciate that it is so as not to distract from the wonderful view. The location is fab and the gardens and walkways to the lake are beautiful. Spoke to a few guests who were travelling throughout Ireland and they all said this was by far their favourite hotel.

We used the swimming pools (both indoor and outdoor) and loved it. My girls (8 & 6) really loved the outdoor heated pool area. I have previously had spa treatments and they were devine (Espa spa treatments)

We did not dine in the fine dining restaurant but did in the casual restaurant and it was good if not a little overpriced. We also ordered pizza to our room and this was a family favourite.

The staff are very good and attentive. We (my daughter) left a few items after us in the restaurant and lobby area ( iPhone and teddy) but both were found and put carefully aside for our collection which is testament to the honesty of the staff. A particular word of thanks to a placement student there (Amy) who is showing potential to have the brilliant mix of friendliness and professionalism required in hospitality.

My only small issue is that the rooms are not very well soundproofed (especially for those amongst us who find it hard to nod off!). Talking in the room next door could be heard especially because the room balconies are connected and many leave the patio doors open. Also doors closing are very loud and water running and toilets flushing can be easily heard. However, I should say that the noise we heard was not of an offensive or threatening nature in any way and we were asleep every night around 12ish.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. We will hopefully be returning again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Neasa W
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm somewhat reluctant to write a review of this hotel as I don't think I could do it justice. I've stayed in some spectacular hotels in the past but none come close to having a setting to match the Europe.

The drive into the hotel does not reveal what's waiting behind it. It's only upon entry to the lobby that you realise the spectacular setting of the hotel. It is set on the banks of Lough Leane and looks onto the rugged Kerry mountains behind the lake.

I stayed here in July with my scrawny friend, our base while participating in the annual Ring of Kerry cycle and we couldn't have chosen a more suitable base. Even though the hotel was full to capacity for this charity event, the hotel staff was most accommodating of all requests. Our room was comfortable and sizeable and had an equally impressive balcony overlooking the lake. The bathroom is large and provides fantastic sandalwood beauty products.

While Killarney is a great town and has an array of restaurants and pubs to choose from, the setting of the Europe got the upper hand and enticed us to eat in its restaurants each night as we didn't want to abandon our view. The food was fantastic each night and the choice on the menu didn't disappoint.

While the setting of the hotel is unique, another significant attraction is the hotel spa. It is spread over two floors and has a large pool, outdoor tub, sauna, steam room and plenty of loungers.

Every hotel has a downside and the Europe is no different. It's downside is having to leave. Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. I'd be both confident and proud to.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ThomasheenOgRua
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had been so looking forward to staying here after seeing the pictures online, but I was disappointed. We booked for one night with the intention of staying another if we loved it, but we found we were happy to leave. The location is undoubtedly stunning, and the spa and pool area beautiful though the main pool was very cold. The room was big and the bed very comfortable, however the carpet was stained by the bed and there was no air-conditioning. Apparently only the suites have air conditioning, we were advised by reception to just open the patio door & there would be a breeze - there was, as well as lots of midges so we had to turn the lights off. Food in the brasserie was really poor, and service was slow. Nobody came to ask if we wanted any more to drink after the initial drinks, we had to try & find somebody. I left my dressing gown in the hotel room accidentally after checking out. We rang the hotel to ask them & they said they would check and ring me back but they never did. We rang again the next day, and again they said they would call back but didn't. In the end we drove to the hotel and were told that they were just about to ring us, and yes they had found it. In summary, a great location but for a 5 star hotel this should be so much better. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you go in the summer pay for a suite - it's hot in the rooms and no air conditioning is a big...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LE127
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Spent just a night in one of the hotel suites overlooking lakes and mountains..........!
Everything was just perfect, décor, cleanliness, staff, food.
I can't wait to return.
Can't think of a single negative about this hotel :) , which speaks volumes :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!