The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Dunloe(Beaufort)
$270
$262
Travelocity
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$123
$162
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
2,612 results
All reviewspanorama restaurantoutdoor poolspa cafedessert buffeta lake view roomlake and mountainsthermal suitebeautiful hoteltop classsecond to nonefive star hotelspa facilitieshorse ridingmain restaurantstar experiencesteam roompublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We recently got married in Killarney and had our reception in the Europe and it was the perfect location for one of the most important day's of our lives. From the moment we arrived at the hotel everything during our stay was top class and truely worthy of being a top 5 star hotel, the tone was set on the evening before our wedding when my wife and both our parents decided to dine in the Brassiere Restaurant and all six of us agreed that it was one of the best meals that we have had in a long time, the food was magnificant and the wine list was very impressive.The wedding reception couldn't have possably gone any better with again excellant food and wine and there was no stone left unturned to make sure that we truly had a day to remember. We spent the remaining two days relaxing and enjoying the hotels spa which really has to be seen to be believed ' it is that good ' not to mention the fabulous gardens and walkways which skirt along the edge of the Lough Leane and take in the breathtaking views of the mountains and islands.For me it's the best hotel in the country and what makes it extra special are the staff, every single person we met during our stay couldn't have been more friendly or helpfull and they made a big effort to make sure that we had the perfect weekend. ' cant wait to return '

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here for short break, and arrived on a sunny Friday with a view over the lakes. It is spectacular viewing on a fine day.

Hotel is very well laid out and staff are very attentive. Plenty to see and do, with lots of activities available. Only quibble would be dining options - there is a stark contrast between casual dining and more formal area. Casual is a little too close together for comfort and food is not as good in casual restaurant as formal one.

Apart from that, this is a super hotel in a great location with great facilities and staff.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OffalyPk1973
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have just come back from a family weekend at the Hotel Europe. We have made this a yearly treat as it is just an amazing hotel. One could not believe it could get any better than previous visits, but it just keeps surpassing all expectations on each visit. From the time you arrive at the hotel you are greeted with such a warm welcome, the staff are really friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a very special and memorable one. The views Outside are breathtaking and indeed there is no where nicer to be on a sunny day than to be lying in the outdoor jacuzzi looking over the lakes. The spa area and swimming pool are amazing and the treatments are extra special. The hotel is just so spotlessly clean and the decor throughout is quite something. Breakfast is delicious there is a great buzz in the dining room. We ate in the brasserie for the three nights during our stay and the food was delicious even better than we remembered it on our last visit.
Already we are so looking forward to going back next year. I would highly recommend anybody to stay at this hotel and they will not be disappointed. Indeed one could get hooked on it very easily!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed in the Europe Hotel and Resort on a family weekend. A weekend with parents, brothers, other halves and everything in between it can be difficult to find something to suit everybody but I must say The Europe Hotel had it all!

The whole experience was so superb from start to finish. The highlight for me being the fantastic meal we enjoyed at the Brassiere. We decided to choose the Brassiere for dinner mostly for its funky yet classy interior and wide ranging menu. I expected a buzzing ambience, good wine list and great food. What I got was the best meal I have ever had including the best fillet steak I have ever had – and I lived in Calgary, Alberta – a town famed for its world class steaks. I ordered medium rare and it was cooked to perfection – like butter melting in my mouth. It was served with a baked potato and some sour cream on the side – pure indulgence and pure delish! Everyone at the table was more than impressed with the choices available and the meal they were served. Only my mother and I were drinking so I was also very presently surprised to be able to choose almost any wine I wanted from the very extensive list by the glass. My bother is a finicky eater and even he had a great choice on the menu. To top it all off we went to the dessert buffet where we sampled a few too many of the delicious deserts on offer. The desert buffet is held in my favourite room in the Europe and is such a unique and novel idea.

The Spa was amazing, magnificent views of the lakes combined with sheer luxury make it a world class spa. My mother, who would typically not ‘do spas’ had to be dragged out of it to get ready for Dinner. My father despises water so he did not join us in the Spa but instead walked around the splendid gardens of the Europe to take in the surroundings. Following this he took advantage of one of the many relaxing hideaways located all around the hotel and read his book for the afternoon – in my Dad’s world an afternoon like this is heaven!

Breakfast is also a wonderful experience, the dining room also has the advange of great views. The breakfast is very fresh and very varied the fry looked great but I opted for the pancakes, fruit and lots of fresh bread which I was delighted to see as I don’t care for the full Irish.

Last but not least is the service. The staff at the Europe could not be more accommodating. From check in to check out every staff member we met helped to make our stay one to remember. The hotel is in pristine condition and everyone greets you with a smile. Honestly the only bad thing I could say about the weekend was that it had to end! 10 out of 10 in my books!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Europe Hotel boasts a modern upscale resort on the very outskirts of Killarney. Located on the lakeshore it has amazing views of the Killarney Lake and the mountains. Our suite was well appointed with a large sitting area (couch/chairs), desk area, and king size bed with the plushest linens. The bathroom had a large shower as well as a tub with a spacious counter. We like the pants press and the heated towel racks. Our third floor room had terrific views of the lake, mountains, and modern gardens. The bagpipes on Friday evening were enjoyable as well as a huge fireworks (weren’t sure if this was part of a wedding or the norm). The morning breakfast in the Panorama Restaurant is excellent! A huge spread of hot items, pastries, cereals and made to order omelets, etc. One of the best breakfast spreads we had while in Ireland. Additionally, dinner in the Panorama Restaurant is a special treat with their delicious food and panoramic view. The staff are all conscientious and gracious during our visit. Quickly responded to any request we might have. The location is very convenient. It is adjacent to the Killarney Golf & Fishing Club and just a few miles from downtown Killarney. The hotel does not have AC which normally isn’t a concern with their cooler weather. The huge sliding glass door provides good ventilation for keeping the room comfortable.

Room Tip: We especially liked our 3rd floor room facing the lakes. The views are terrific of the lakes, the gardens and the mountain. It was a King Suite with a large sitting area giving room to spread out.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple