“Fabulous view, gorgeous scenery, lovely room, and heavenly spa!”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fabulous view, gorgeous scenery, lovely room, and heavenly spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This was by far my favorite hotel during our 15 day holiday in Ireland! The property was fabulous, with gorgeous mountain and lake views, and lovely gardens. Our spacious room was newly renovated with all the best amenities and had stunning lake view and terrace. We also really enjoyed relaxing in the spa, with heated vitality pool overlooking the lake. Service was great, check-in was a breeze, and I couldn't ask for a better experience. The resort also had lots of nice sitting rooms for lounging with a drink and listening to live music. Would definitely saty here again, for longer next time! I only wish they had in-room coffee.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are totally worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Have travelled all over the world with business and had the absolute pleasure to have a 3 night break in Killarney in October this year. Having read the reviews online I reserved a Lakeview Room in the Europe. I had heard that they had renovated the hotel in the past couple of years and I believe that this winter they are now closed while they renovate the remainder of the bedrooms and will reopen in Spring. Well i definately will be back to see the completion as when i stayed there in October it was world class so I cant wait to see how they are going to top it.
The room was modern design with the most amazing views of the lakes and mountains. From the moment we arrived , everyone from the porter who parked our car, the receptionist who checked us in (hot towels on arrival!) the waitress in the classy Brasserie, the turndown lady with our chocolates - all the staff were a pleasure to deal we - everything seemed to be no problem and they went out of there way to assist us. The food in the Brasserie is amazing and the breakfast buffet in the Panorama in the morning is second to none
We had reserved two treatments in the Spa and literally spent the whole day between the spa area and the pool area - even though the weather was awful we lounged in the outdoor pool for hours.
We cant wait for the Europe to be reopen in the Spring and I am already dropping hints to my other half as to when we should return

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here with my wife at the start of October for an overnight break. Paid for the hotel through hotels.com and decided to upgrade to a lakeview room for €278 for the one night. Bit of an extravagance but considering my wife was 8 months pregnant and no more nights away on the cards for the next while thought we'd treat ourselves. The hotel is in a beautiful location and its been very well upgraded over the years. My serious gripe was with the check in staff and the absolutely rubbish room we were given. I've stayed in plenty of hotels and been lucky to stay in a few 5 stars along the way, i've written a few reviews for tripadvisor and have always been fair and honest on my experience. I have to say i've never experienced such poor treatment when looking to have a problem resolved. My problem in this case was the room we were given didn't have a lakeview but one of the side of the hotel with no view of the lake, not to mention people walking up the stairs to the spa could look directly in and the room hadn't been upgraded for 20 years. I asked to be moved to a room I had paid for and was given another room two doors down which was equally rubbish considering its poor decor, no balcony and extremely limited view of the lake. My wife asked me to enjoy the night as the staff has been extremely rude when looking to have room changed. Instead I left a complaint when we checked out and now over 6 weeks later have heard nothing from the hotel. As I said at the start the hotel is in a beautiful location and if we had been given a room we actually booked and paid for I wouldn't be writing such a negative review.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
21 Thank decso
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

A stunning hotel. A must see if ever in Kerrry. Pure luxury, Friendly staff, great food and out of this world views. 5 STARS!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank maria k
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

this hotel is great,i loved the pool!!the resturant was good also!we went at easter and there was an easter egg hunt for kids-good idea.the spa was lovely too.the room was nice enough and the staff we friendly which is always a good sign!!it is very pleasant!! a good stay-it is beautiful i simply cannot fault it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank philippa b
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed here in July. On arrival we were given a room that looked nothing like on the internet and my heart sank. Not only was it old worldly and fudddy duddy, it was musty too. Immedialtey, I called downsairs and asked to change rooms to one that I had seen on line - (which had influenced where we would stay) The hotel was not full, so I was really upset that they gave us such an awful room, instead of simply putting us in a decent room in the first place. I had also paid for a lake view suite, and had expected it to be of contempory design as seen in the online brochure. The hotel kind of reminded me of The Grove in Hertfordshire, although not as elegant. The dinning was extremely expensive as were the drinks. One was limitedto the 2 evening restaurants. We did'nt feel like driving into town since were only there for 2 nights and had spent most of the days driving around the Ring Of Kerry, so opted to eat in, which cost well around £150.00 per night. Service at the bar and restaurant were excellent.
The Spa was beautiful as was the swimming pool area.
The hotel is large but once tucked away in ones room, had a feeling of intimacy.

Room Tip: Definatley ask for one that has been refurnished!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amber76
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Being fairly well travelled, I have stayed in many hotels around the world and there is normally something to find fault with - but not at The Europe! I have been fortunate to have stayed here about 4 times now and I now just have to keep going back and it is now on my 'must go back to' hotels list!

From its superb location .. the effortless friendliness of it's staff .. the quality of build and relaxing nooks and crannies to spend time in .. from the choice and goodness of the two restaurants .. rooms of excellent size and quality .. a spa that is second to none .. landscaped gardens and beautiful views .. free pony trips for the kids .. need I go on? I honestly cannot find fault with this hotel. It's not that cheap, but it s value for money!

I already look forward to returning next year after the winter closed season and partial refit of one of the accomodatiion wings and retaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 314 this time. It is a wheelchair accessible room and was the last room available...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rossbox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#14 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,059 reviews

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!