“Can't find fault!”

The Europe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Being fairly well travelled, I have stayed in many hotels around the world and there is normally something to find fault with - but not at The Europe! I have been fortunate to have stayed here about 4 times now and I now just have to keep going back and it is now on my 'must go back to' hotels list!

From its superb location .. the effortless friendliness of it's staff .. the quality of build and relaxing nooks and crannies to spend time in .. from the choice and goodness of the two restaurants .. rooms of excellent size and quality .. a spa that is second to none .. landscaped gardens and beautiful views .. free pony trips for the kids .. need I go on? I honestly cannot find fault with this hotel. It's not that cheap, but it s value for money!

I already look forward to returning next year after the winter closed season and partial refit of one of the accomodatiion wings and retaurant.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 314 this time. It is a wheelchair accessible room and was the last room available...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rossbox

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel/ spa was more wonderful than the web page shows. First off, it's beautiful and modern, in an unbelievable natural setting. The pools in the spa are out of this world, especially the outdoor hot pool. We spent hours relaxing in the hot water while enjoying the mountain and lake view. I loved those pools! The breakfasts were delicious at the Panorama Restaurant.
There are many public rooms available too. We spent some time in the "LIBRARY" playing Chess (not well, but the setting is neat). We also had tea in the evening in the main lounge area. It's so much fun! I think the best thing about the hotel, though, is the people working there. Be sure to ask what there is to do, and how to accomplish it. We wanted to see Dingle Peninsula, and Peter at the main desk called and made the arrangements for us. A small bus with a great tour guide picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. It was a great day, highly recommend this tour. I really liked our time here, as we felt quite at home, and very well cared for.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Driving up to the hotel I was initially a bit put off by the blocky concrete building. However it only took setting one foot into the lobby to know that first impressions are not always correct.The Europe exceeded my expectations! Upon arrival and check in we were greeted with warm towels from the spa to refresh, which was perfect after our day of touring the Southwest coast of Ireland. The decor was very contemporary without being austere. Rather it was simple, clean lined, and inviting. The views out over the gardens and lake were the perfect compliment to the interior.
At first I was concerned that the hotel was not within walking distance to the center of town, but Killarney is very touristy and it was nice to remove ourselves from the hustle and bustle. Additionally the restaurants on the hotel property are lovely, so no need to head back to town for dinner.
We enjoyed a before dinner drink in the bar which was also beautifully designed. We sat by the windows over looking the grounds. When our table was ready we were escorted to another lovely table also overlooking the grounds and lake and enjoyed a wonderful meal.
The room was luxurious, heated tile floors in the bathroom outfitted with gorgeous brown marble counters. I sunk into the insanely comfortable bed and slept peacefully with the exception of being slightly too warm!
I would recomend this to travelers who have high standards and are looking to be a bit pampered. This is not a charming B&B, but it is also not an impersonal hotel chain. At the Europe you will receive the personal attention of a B&B with the accommodations and amenities that a large hotel typically has to offer.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family. It’s a 5 star hotel and you pay the price for this so you expect the best but for me it just didn’t live you to expectation. Its located approx 5km outside Killarney on lake Leane. Beautiful location which can be viewed from lake rooms only, spa and restaurant but unfortunately the low mist blocked our view most of the time which was a shame!
Reception staff very friendly but other staff I found while polite and efficient were not the friendliest. The lake view rooms I couldn’t fault, spacious, clean, etc- beds very comfortable but the room was very warm at night and members of staff walked into out room on one occasion without knocking first - very unprofessional.
The thermal spa was excellent but treatments expensive. The panorama restaurant where we ate dinner (piano playing was a bonus) and buffet breakfast (great selection)- there was no complaints. The brasserie restaurant where we ate on the 2nd night was disappointing, waiting too long for mains to come out. I got the pasta dish and it was tasteless with lumps of fat from the bacon in it and again it wasn’t cheap.
Overall for the price I can’t say that I would stay again so cant give it full marks.

Room Tip: Lake View rooms at additional cost but worth it
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ms_Flyon
Reviewed September 25, 2011

God, I still remember the fantastic bed they had! Of course the fact of having a great view on this lake in Killarney, and a great breakfast with wonderful views, are not to be ignored. The room was amazing. It was big, spacious, impeccable. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Beautiful hotel accomodation and the location can't be faulted, but Sunday Brunch BIG disappointment. Attended with my wife and found ourselves waiting for plates at buffet for each of starter, salad and main courses. Standing in line like a work canteen... Cutlery being handwashed by staff as there was obviously also not enough of these either. Main course, out of 5 options presented on menu only 2 were available. No creamed or roast potatoes - only rice. Ran out of everything! Had to use same cutlery for all courses. Never offered more. Even though restaurant quite emptyat this stage, staff were pre occupied with 'tidying' rather than attending to guests. 5 star prices, 2 star service.

3  Thank xraymott
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I can't rave enough about the Europe Hotel. From the fantastic views to the amazing breakfasts to the spa and pool, every moment at the Europe Hotel was memorable. The hotel was beautiful...very modern and updated, but completely comfortable. It seemed like every room had a generous balcony that viewed Lough Leane. It was pretty quiet and serene. The Spa seemed great. I didn't partake in a spa service or the exercise equipment, but definitely bring your swim suit!! The spa includes a swimming pool and an indoor/outdoor hot tub. I spent many hours just sitting in the hot tub, looking out at the scenery of Ireland. The staff couldn't have been better. The Manager directed us to a fabulous tea shop in Killarney and was beyond friendly every time we saw him. The hardest part was the location. It was a €12-15 (each way) cab ride into town. I would have loved to go into Killarney more, but that was a hefty price to pay. The hotel had free WiFi and massive breakfast options. The stay at the Europe Hotel was the highlight of our trip and has set the bar very high for hotel stays in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tvchicker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fossa
Lake Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to The Europe Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!