All reviews charles dickens front desk graham street room was clean manager michelle minute walk continental breakfast toast walking distance excellent stay next morning mini fridge the breakfast area dog show definitely stay here again flat screen tv cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

A simply standard hotel with minimal amenities, yet very clean & was greeted with friendly concierge service at all hours of the day. Some jacuzzi rooms located in basement level of hotel with larger-than-average basement bedroom window - however they too are clean, renovated & feature a flat screen TV & mini fridge.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Info W, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely
Lisa Alborough

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a great overnight stay here in Woodstock! The staff was very warm and attentive. The room was clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities. A very solid and yummy cont. breakfast setup!
My wife and I had a good laugh at some of the recent negative reviews about the place. From our experience, they couldn't be further from the truth.
Well done manager Michelle & staff!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank rjmeeker
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

I really do appreciate this, It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we very much appreciate you giving us a chance with those few negative reviews. We do would hard to make sure all our guest have enjoyed there stay and we are so HAPPY to hear that you have enjoyed yours. Hope to see you again when traveling in the area. have a safe and enjoyable summer .

Reviewed July 22, 2018

This hotel is in a good location but do not book here without seeing the room you will actually be staying in. The photos posted by the hotel were deceptive. They showed a substantially better room that we received.

The pictures on the website showed a room with a desk, floor lamp and windows. The room we received was in the basement, without a desk, and a tiny dungeon-like window. About a third of the room was very dark without any way of making it brighter. It felt just like it was -- a somewhat damp basement room. What appeared to be an empty bracket for a smoke detector on the wall across from the bed was another less than alluring element.

The plastic mattress cover squeaks when one moves and felt unpleasant through the sheet. Just so you know, the "free parking" in the description does not mean this hotel has a parking lot. One parks on the street and is subject to the city's parking regulations. This hotel also serves at the local Greyhound station.

Because there wasn't a desk in the room, I had to work in the lobby which has limited electric plugs, so I had the delightful experience of trying to work at a table shared by a non-guest who appeared to be either on drugs or suffering mental problems. It's nice that the hotel lobby is open to people with problems, but perhaps not so nice for the guests.

It's possible that most of the nicer rooms here are occupied long-term. Those rooms presumably have desks and reasonable windows, but there's no way to tell when booking online whether you will get the room advertised or whether you will be sent to the basement.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

I am sorry for your recent stay here at the hotel, I do wish we would have had a room off the ground floor to accommodate you with. As for the concerns with the room with the dampness and bracket as well as mattress protectors I will address all these concerns with the owner and housekeeping team.

I will also address the other concerns you had with guest from Greyhound waiting in the lobby for their bus I will see if we can make other arrangement so that our hotel guest are not disturbed during there stay.

Like my previous message to you I do hope that you will give our hotel another try so that we can improve on your overall impression of the hotel and staff.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We were hesitated to having our car parked on the street in front of the hotel. But the lady at the check in showed us the surveillance camera's and assured us the town is peaceful. We were glad we listened and check in. The room was huge (Maybe it was a handicap accessible room ?) It was well maintained, clean and smelled nice. The bathroom had a large walk in shower, plenty of towels and toiletries but lacked waterpressure. The mattrass was hard but good for our sore backs. Breakfast was a bit under average, so was the breakfast area. A great number of different and good restaurants in the town on walking distance

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Thank you for the positive review we are pleased to hear your room was good and you enjoyed the property overall. We hope we have earned your business for the future and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I planned a trip for my birthday/ Christmas. The Econo Lodge is right where the bus picks up and drops off people so that made it very convenient for me. I ordered Swiss Chalet the first night. Next morning I had the free breakfast, which was not deluxe but good enough. I forget the name of the woman who was on the front desk when I checked in. Turned out her son and I have the same birthday. She was friendly, made sure I had what I needed and I enjoyed talking with her.

I stayed in Woodstock, at the Econo Lodge for three nights. Caught the bus at 9:00AM after a light breakfast at the hotel. Nice to wait for the bus in the hotel lobby, overlooking Graham Street.

The only downside of this hotel is not having an elevator. I solved that by booking ahead and asking for a room on the first floor, as pet and smoker free as possible. My room was good. Heat worked and was not really needed. Nice shower. Clean room. I enjoyed the hotel and would not think of staying at any other hotel in town. This was reasonably priced, even during the Christmas holidays.

Room tip: Tell the staff what you need ahead of time.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Michelle F, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you for the review we love hearing how our guest enjoy there time with us. We hope to see you again when your travelling in the area.