Econo Lodge Woodstock
$60
Travelocity
Newburg Inn(New Hamburg)
$59
Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat(Stratford)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
Travelocity
Suburban Motel(Stratford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdowntown areagraham streetroom was cleanmain floorcontinental breakfastlook forward to our nexteconomy hotelmanager michellecoffee shopminute walkexcellent stayfirst floorbagelstoastwill stay there againcoffee maker in the roomwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2014

A good EconoLodge located right downtown Woodstock, just off the main street with cafes and restaurants, museum, gallery, bookstore, etc.
Not a typical new-built Econolodge usually found in the middle of nowhere outside of towns, this is a older hotel that was renovated in 2011 and maintains a bit of its 'rural town' character and warm hospitality.
Wifi throughout hotel, computer with printer in the lobby, reasonably nice breakfast in a sunny room off the lobby, free parking.
We stayed a night last year when visiting the Stratford Festival and were happy enough to come back this year again. It is an easy 30-minute drive through beautiful rural Ontario to/from Stratford and an opportunity to enjoy both a theatre performance or two, and a day out in a small town. We plan to be back next summer, too.
By the way, the inter-city bus has a stop in front of the hotel entrance on Graham Street, for those who do not want to drive.

Room Tip: We stayed in different rooms each time, on top floor. Room 402 is a bit bigger, with kitchenette, and although it is facing the street, it is very quiet. The morning sun was a nice bonus. No elevator so if you don't like stairs, stay on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review I am pleased you once again enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out how nice of a drive it is to Stratford. I am sure many people who enjoy plays will now consider staying here and taking the short drive. We look forward to having you back again next summer.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here just a couple weeks ago. The staff was very friendly; I asked the one girl for an extra pillow and extra towels and she promptly brought them to my room, insisiting I didnt need to come down to front desk for it. The room was clean comfortable and breakfast was just enough to get us up and going for the day, Forsure stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for the great comments on our Hotel I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. I am also happy that my staff were able to assist you with you additional request. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Have a wonderful summer see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and while the other reviews are correct the hotel is nice but the escort in the room next door was constantly making noise (I am sure I don't need to elaborate on the type of noises from an escorts room) and disturbed my sleep. When I asked the front desk they simply stated that she has been there for a long term rental so they would just move my room. I will not stay here again because I don't want people thinking I stay at an establishment where this goes on.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Biztrvler80
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

I apologies for you bad experience at our hotel. I assure you I do not approve of that kind of business. When I became aware of the situation you spoke of and removed the guest from our location not only does that disturb guest but it is NOT what we have work hard to create. We run a beautiful and clean hotel and unfortunately bad experiences like this happened and I am truly sorry. I would love for the chance to earn your business again. And make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We chose this accommodation for its proximity ( 1 km ) to Oxford Gardens Senior Home. We trusted trip advisors top ratings and were not disappointed. You can see why this lodge is less money per stay than the newer spiffy hotels out on the golden mile, but you won't see a reason not to enjoy the savings. Pity the fool that would attempt to walk to a meal on that golden mile, you may get struck by a car in the parking areas let alone crossing the road. At Econolodge, there are dozens of independent restaurants right down the side walk on Dundas St. as well as places to drink and walk from. Dundas is an old school main street right out of the fifties, a rare opportunity to experience it is best had by staying in this re-built hotel that probably dates back to stage-coaches, it was good then, but is better now! If you walk north into the residential area, you will see no two houses the same, and soon realize architecturally Woodstock is a treasure, something the travellers on the golden mile surely will not realize...same as every other highway exit in North America. Your choice.
I should also mention that the staff were more interested in serving us than themselves, and because of the small size of this establishment, there were no lines witnessed during our peacefully quiet four day stay. Breakfast is only bagel , toast, cerial, juise and fruit, but this will leave you room to gorge on the fare available locally for lunch.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank russell c
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

How nice that you get to share what downtown Woodstock has to offer travelers. I truly appreciate the time you spent writing this review and more then anything glad you like your stay at our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again soon
Sincerely

Michelle Kirwin

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel offers great value, my only disappointment was parking is down the street in an offsite parking lot. Other than the parking the hotel is excellent. Our room was nice, bed was comfortable, fridge and microwave in room. If we are in the Woodstock area again and need a place to stay we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Michelle K, Manager at Econo Lodge Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for your positive feed back on our hotel. I as well do wish we had our own parking but that is something we could not change when renovating this older building. For future stays the winter is the only time our off site parking is used in spring and summer guest may park out front from the arrival time to 11am check out. hope to see you again