“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The facility is still quite new with nice lobby and room furnishing. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby and just next to Highway 401. Staff are friendly. Every Tuesday night management hosts a guests appreciation party to serve free beer, wine and light dinner. Not much to do in Woodstock after work, so the hotel is a nice place to stay. The gym is not busy and the indoor pool is big.

Room Tip: Select a room further away from elevator to avoid noice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Service was great, rooms were clean. I could find one negative thing to write about this hotel. Breakfast was good and the area was very clean. Location was great close to everything. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again, and would refer my friends to stay here as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The front staff were rude and inconvenienced to serve the incoming guests, I had to wait while she took a call, only to get to our room and find they had turned the heat down so low we could see our breathe, we call to the front but not a surprise no one answered

Room Tip: Stay down the road you will be treated with class
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear glen h

Thank you for your review and for your candid feedback. I am very surprised with these events you experienced as we always ensure we double-check the temperature settings in the rooms during our detailed room checks, and we pride ourselves on the service we offer as you can see from the other reviews on this site.
I would appreciate the opportunity to chat with you a bit more on what happened, as it may have been that the Guest Services Representative had stepped away from the desk momentarily to help another guest when you had called. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I can make this right and ensure you get to experience the luxury, cleanliness and classiness that the Holiday Inn Express Woodstock is all about.

Imran

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stay at Holiday Inns all the time because they are very consistent across the board and this one lives up to that. Modern, chic, clean, better breakfast than most, comfy rooms/beds, great selection of TV channels. Only downfalls are no hot tub at the pool and the internet is pretty slow.

Recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Chose this particular hotel, one, because I had some reward points to burn, and two, because it was in an area I needed to be. The location is right off the highway and near a lot of restaurants and retail. Ample parking, modern and clean rooms, and friendly staff. I appreciated the acknowledgement of me being an IHG rewards member. Only 2 issues with the hotel. There was no ESPN (could be a Canada thing) and the cinnamon rolls were a little over cooked at breakfast.

But other than that I would definitely stay here again if need be.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Dirty maxipads on the floor of the washroom-behind the garbage can. Horrible service. Would not return here even if it was free. They did not come to clean it up for 3 hours, with a child in the room this was unacceptable and of course the pool has only 2-3 chairs in it, so we could not escape to the pool.

• Stayed: December 2013
Imran M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear nadiaps,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very surprised that the cleanliness of the room was not up to your expectations, as we pride ourselves on our hotel's cleanliness & service. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the issues you experienced in further detail. At your convenience, would you please contact me at 519-539-9828 or via email at imran.meghani@hiexwoodstock.com so we can ensure a satisfactory resolution to your concerns.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently completed a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Woodstock, Ontario Canada while in town on business. The hotel is located right off of freeway and is easy to find. At check-in, I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. I was given an upgrade to a Jacuzzi room due to my IHG status, which was a welcome treat. The lobby is bright and modern, and feels like a nicer hotel than at HI Express.
I found the room to be large, clean, modern, and actually quite nice. The work desk was very functional, and the room lighting and temperature were perfect. I was able to get a lot of work done due to the fast free WiFi and was even able to watch a quick NetFlix movie before bed.
My favorite thing was the large Jacuzzi tub. I normally would never take a tub while on a business trip, but after a long day of travelling, a scalding hot soak was perfect. The tub was a good size and it was great to have a second TV within easy viewing of the tub. It was quite a treat!
In the morning the free breakfast was typical HI Express fare, which means super basic and just barely edible. But it gets the job done.
There was a big pool with two-story waterslide, which I didn't use, and a weight room.
I would absolutely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Best Western Plus Woodstock Inn & Suites
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
#1 of 3 in Ingersoll
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!